trans athletes ... and cheeses and paddlepops

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We are getting side tracked so I'll soon stop but my last example of two sides both acting ridiculous.

I saw an older distant family member go on a full blown and honestly overly dramatic rant on socials because he watched Aladdin with his grand daughter and they had a disclaimer before hand about misrepresentation and cultural insensitivity.

Now do I personally think the disclaimer is a little over the top.....yes

Do I also think a grown man losing his marbles about a 2 second disclaimer being shown before a movie is over the top.....yes

At what point in the decay of a civilization's principles is outrage appropriate ... civilizations and cultures generally die from a 1000 cuts ... not often from the one mortal blow.

As the wise man said .. the last 2 virtues of a dying society are tolerance and apathy ...

When we stop standing up to the little things ... all the people that sat back amused by the silly old ones fighting ... will one day realise what they had ... is gone

At what point in the decay of a civilization's principles is outrage appropriate ... civilizations and cultures generally die from a 1000 cuts ... not often from the one mortal blow.

As the wise man said .. the last 2 virtues of a dying society are tolerance and apathy ...

When we stop standing up to the little things ... all the people that sat back amused by the silly old ones fighting ... will one day realise what they had ... is gone

Ha, to my point, a disclaimer flashing up before a movie is hardly indicative of the decay of civilisation.

So people are offended by people being offended?

This is a tough one for most people on here. I am a white middle aged male so have no frame of reference when it comes to being insulted by a brand of cheese etc. All that said my belief is that because I do not understand it is not my place to judge people who are offended - what right do i have to say to an indigenous person they should not be insulted by that cheese brand?

Ha, to my point, a disclaimer flashing up before a movie is hardly indicative of the decay of civilisation.

In your opinion ... but now that we have you on board and thinking ... we just need to find something you do care enough about to not let slide.

Unlike those that cared that a 100 year old company named after it's founder Mr. Coon was blackmailed into changing their name by a bunch of faceless woke keyboard activists. Some think if they can do that, next minute, they'll be demanding statues be pulled down.

In your opinion ... but now that we have you on board and thinking ... we just need to find something you do care enough about to not let slide.

Unlike those that cared that a 100 year old company named after it's founder Mr. Coon was blackmailed into changing their name by a bunch of faceless woke keyboard activists. Some think if they can do that, next minute, they'll be demanding statues be pulled down.
microchips under the skin is next

This is a tough debate. I can see points on both sides.

I wonder what would happen if say someone was going to prison for a very long time, and before hand, they got reconstructive surgery to become a woman? Would they go to a mens prison, or a woman's?

I know that's kind of unrelated, but yeah, weird. Don't want to offend anyone.
Its a legal minefield I reckon Ryan, the possible future challenges connected to this are innumerable, inclusion is unfortunately a word fraught with disaster, I've got nothing whatsoever against transgender people or anyone else for that matter but as I see it, the majority of the winners from this will come from the legal profession

Here is a face for you

or another

Of course that is the leftie pinko ABC so here good old news.com.au

Here is the thing. As we evolve as a society i think it is okay to say we got something wrong and correct it.

Sure there might have been a time when that name was acceptable but it is clear that is no longer the case...and that sort of change is okay

Here is a face for you

or another

Of course that is the leftie pinko ABC so here good old news.com.au

Here is the thing. As we evolve as a society i think it is okay to say we got something wrong and correct it.

Sure there might have been a time when that name was acceptable but it is clear that is no longer the case...and that sort of change is okay

It is a sad indictment of a person that he can't see the difference between a centuries old surname ... and a racial insult ..

The nonsense of presenting the view of one indigenous man and somehow then claiming a moral and intellectual victory to the argument is exactly the type of silly nonsense that has to be fought .

It is a sad indictment of a person that he can't see the difference between a centuries old surname ... and a racial insult ..

The nonsense of presenting the view of one indigenous man and somehow then claiming a moral and intellectual victory to the argument is exactly the type of silly nonsense that has to be fought .
Woodsie are you an indigenous person? If so what right do you have to tell then it is silly?

(of course if you are trolling then i have grabbed this hook line and sinker but there is nothing I understand less than people telling other people how they should feel)

Blackmailed, please

Companys rebrand all the time.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I remember when Ben Fordham went on a huge rant because he was upset that Play School had changed the words to “We’re going on a bear hunt”, PC gone wrong, woke etc. If he’d ever watched Play School he’d have known that they are always changing words to songs to fit certain themes they’re focusing on for that week.

Who is actually a victim of cancel culture? Ricky Gervais? He just had another special on Netflix. JK Rowling? Still publishing books. Yassmin Abdel-Magied? Run out of the country because she made a comment about Anzac Day.

Woodsie are you an indigenous person? If so what right do you have to tell then it is silly?

(of course if you are trolling then i have grabbed this hook line and sinker but there is nothing I understand less than people telling other people how they should feel)

Well .. the Scots are indigenous somewhere.

And I AM NOT ... telling an indigenous person how they should feel ... I don't give a rats how they feel .. in the same way they dont give a rats about my feelings ..

Now, how they, and all people are protected under law is a different matter ... I care very much. .. but leave me out of the feelings guilt journey.

Okay .. just decided to do it out for no reason ... see ya
Branding is about positioning your product as favourably as possible to your consuming public.

A name change would have been researched extensively, weighing up the brand recognition V the negative conotation from the name (justified or not). They would have weighed up the customers lost by keeping the name and customers lost by changing and they would have modelled that over the coming years.

Make no mistake, they are doing what is the financially correct decision for themselves. No concern for the snowflakes or boomers or anyone having histronics either way.

Its simple business, if they thought they make more money by keeping Coon....they would.

Society ain't declining on the back on this, one generation aint better another a company is just looking to sell as much cheese as they can

Branding is about positioning your product as favourably as possible to your consuming public.

A name change would have been researched extensively, weighing up the brand recognition V the negative conotation from the name (justified or not). They would have weighed up the customers lost by keeping the name and customers lost by changing and they would have modelled that over the coming years.

Make no mistake, they are doing what is the financially correct decision for themselves. No concern for the snowflakes or boomers or anyone having histronics either way.

Its simple business, if they thought they make more money by keeping Coon....they would.

Society ain't declining on the back on this, one generation aint better another a company is just looking to sell as much cheese as they can

Not bad, although the snowflakes are the boomers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10