trans athletes ... and cheeses and paddlepops

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
At the end of the day males have more power in physicality (unless your a Manly forward) than females, therefore trans have more physicality than females from a strength position. therefore irrespective of the Trans perspective of identifying with being a female, it is not fair. They have an advantage as proven by the American Swimmer. They need to compete as an equal in their own genre.

Absolutely agree, but the same should apply to all other sports. There is a trans 'woman', Lia Thomas, who is currently dominating US college swimming. Look her up.
I have absolutely no issue with trans people but I do vehemently believe that they should not be involved in women's sport. It has been proven that as soon as a boy hits puberty that he gains a physical advantage over females that will last a lifetime. It compounds significantly each year thereafter. If you let them compete at any advanced level then there is simply no such thing as women's sport.
I had this discussion with my niece who was visiting from Sydney recently . She was a professional swimmer for 10 years. She missed out by a whisker of making the 2012 Olympics (Damn you Emily Seebohm).She trained at Homebush with some very elite swimmers. In other words, she knows what she’s talking about with top class swimming.
Now I had just read about Lia Thomas a cpl days before. So I put it to my niece, what would be her stance in this situation? Well, bugger me, she went off! First off, she said it’s straight out cheating. Then told me she was talking to one of her former swimming coaches (a bloke named Ian Thorpe…..and I’m not name dropping for the sake of it. It’s because it is the hottest topic in Australian swimming atm, and Thorpie gave it a hard No Way.) She went on to say the majority of elite swimmers would forfeit not only their race/s, but the whole meeting if there was a transgender swimmer competing in the womans events. Of course they have been warned by the ASA that there will be fines/penalties if any swimmer goes public with their thoughts.
And she also added a lot of stats that you mentioned @Budgewoi Eagle . Also mentioning records that have stood for years are being erased already by Lia Thomas. How is that even remotely fair??? Swimming Australia need to get in front of this before it happens here.

Last edited:
If you don't have a Vagina and a Womb you are not a Woman. Simples. Why do we continue to cater for .oo4% of the population ?
Because we live in a WOKE world. Minorities are the majorities these days. Being a white male in today's society means you are now the most discriminated person on the planet....

I had this discussion with my niece who was visiting from Sydney recently . She was a professional swimmer for 10 years. She missed out by a whisker of making the 2012 Olympics (Damn you Emily Seebohm).She trained at Homebush with some very elite swimmers. In other words, she knows what she’s talking about with top class swimming.
Now I had just read about Lia Thomas a cpl days before. So I put it to my niece, what would be her stance in this situation? Well, bugger me, she went off! First off, she said it’s straight out cheating. Then told me she was talking to one of her former swimming coaches (a bloke named Ian Thorpe…..and I’m not name dropping for the sake of it. It’s because it is the hottest topic in Australian swimming atm, and Thorpie gave it a hard No Way.) She went on to say the majority of elite swimmers would forfeit not only their race/s, but the whole meeting if there was a transgender swimmer competing in the womans events. Of course they have been warned by the ASA that there will be fines/penalties if any swimmer goes public with their thoughts.
And she also added a lot of stats that you mentioned @Budgewoi Eagle . Also mentioning records that have stood for years are being erased already by Lia Thomas. How is that even remotely fair??? Swimming Australia need to get in front of this before it happens here.
Glad to see that your niece has principles and good on her for her stance. Gives me hope for the future for our future generations. You should be proud mate!

If you don't have a Vagina and a Womb you are not a Woman. Simples. Why do we continue to cater for .oo4% of the population ?
Problem mate, Jana Pitman (Olympian) is also a Doctor/Surgeon, and she participated in several surgeries to transplant a uterus in women in Europe in the past couple of years. They are in Australia later this year going to do one on a Trans person so that they can have a child. Ground braking.

Last edited:
You cannot be serious with this?
it was a joke.... but not about our Woke world.... as it has moved on from dealing with racism to go to other social problems such as global warming at the expense of quality of life and being able to have a stable economy, the fact that kids can't sing Christmas carols at school because it may upset someone. I think you get my drift. Probably not politically correct, and most likely I will beat up on hear by our resident greenies by being short sighted.

south_park_-_10_09_31_pm.jpg

Can't help but think of this South Park episode each time this debate comes up!

it was a joke.... but not about our Woke world.... as it has moved on from dealing with racism to go to other social problems such as global warming at the expense of quality of life and being able to have a stable economy, the fact that kids can't sing Christmas carols at school because it may upset someone. I think you get my drift. Probably not politically correct, and most likely I will beat up on hear by our resident greenies by being short sighted.

So triggered because people don’t like you being openly homophobic or racist anymore.

So triggered because people don’t like you being openly homophobic or racist anymore.
Well maybe I'm being objective not homophobic. In actual fact I have a gay sister in law and when she got married I happily walked he down the aisle, and my other sister in law has a 26 child that is currently undertaking gender re assignment and I know first hand how he has been dealing with the emotional and mental consequences of his choices. It is hard.

I love both of them dearly and the thing I wish is that all people can be happy with themselves and their lives. Further I donate my efforts to support those with disabilities so they can enjoy the things the rest of us take for granted and also help out with supporting indigenous kids sports events. I wonder do you?

Just because I believe there needs to fair and open and Balanced discussion you call me openly homophobic and racist, well good on you, you are most certainly allowed to have your opinion.

But I question you on

1) if we shut coal mines in the Hunter how do you plan to find 120,000 replacement jobs with the same income? Are those families destroyed and left behind.
2) when the coal mines close where do you intend to find replacement export so we can earn the same $ to assist our economy.
3) Why is it fair that a 110kg trans gender person compete with a an avg 80kg lady in football or any other sport? I think @wombat point was very relevant.
4) Why is fair that my daughter who goes to a Christian School can't celebrate Christmas by doing a play or sing carols? Should it be that that one has the choice to participate or not. No we cancel our norm.

But I question you on

1) if we shut coal mines in the Hunter how do you plan to find 120,000 replacement jobs with the same income? Are those families destroyed and left behind.
2) when the coal mines close where do you intend to find replacement export so we can earn the same $ to assist our economy.
3) Why is it fair that a 110kg trans gender person compete with a an avg 80kg lady in football or any other sport? I think @wombat point was very relevant.
4) Why is fair that my daughter who goes to a Christian School can't celebrate Christmas by doing a play or sing carols? Should it be that that one has the choice to participate or not. No we cancel our norm.
1) & 2) I would counter that life is about evolving and growing. Life is dynamic and flows by nature. Stagnation is death. Of course, we can all feel empathy for the challenges faced by those effected in your example. Life is full of challenges for all people; that's part of the human condition. That said, we can choose how to respond to such challenges... nobody can take that from us. History is full of paradigm shifts and evolutionary change that challenged humankind. That will never end. The biggest difference with the current epoch is that we have greater impact on the natural world than at any other time in history... both power and responsibility. Do we go on making excuses for destroying the world around us because we don't want to deal with the challenge of change?

3) Happens in the NRL week in week out (minus the labels for the individuals competing). Gender question aside, it's a valid argument regarding the size discrepancy and the use of weight divisions.

4) That one's tricky. If your child went to a private school which followed a christian philosophy and wanted to practice xmas rituals, I would be fine with that and happy to see such celebrations. However, if the school was public and government run, then I would be fine for the government to separate religion from the school, or find a way to be all-inclusive.

All, just my own random thoughts and opinions, but since you asked...

1) & 2) I would counter that life is about evolving and growing. Life is dynamic and flows by nature. Stagnation is death. Of course, we can all feel empathy for the challenges faced by those effected in your example. Life is full of challenges for all people; that's part of the human condition. That said, we can choose how to respond to such challenges... nobody can take that from us. History is full of paradigm shifts and evolutionary change that challenged humankind. That will never end. The biggest difference with the current epoch is that we have greater impact on the natural world than at any other time in history... both power and responsibility. Do we go on making excuses for destroying the world around us because we don't want to deal with the challenge of change?

3) Happens in the NRL week in week out (minus the labels for the individuals competing). Gender question aside, it's a valid argument regarding the size discrepancy and the use of weight divisions.

4) That one's tricky. If your child went to a private school which followed a christian philosophy and wanted to practice xmas rituals, I would be fine with that and happy to see such celebrations. However, if the school was public and government run, then I would be fine for the government to separate religion from the school, or find a way to be all-inclusive.

All, just my own random thoughts and opinions, but since you asked...
Valid points HK. I think the one I struggle with is the fact that whilst Yes we should do our bit versus what impact will what "we" do locally will have in the world. We close down our coal but the biggest alternative energy countries are turning back to coal because what they have is unstainable for their respective countries. More importantly the biggest polluters in the world won't change hence having a less than 1% impact on the worlds stage I struggle with whether the cost of change versus the social & financial implications. Unfortunately it's a lose / lose.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that is global warming the biggest problem facing us at the moment given Bush Fires / Covid / Covid again / floods / then a European War and the threat of Chinese intervention in our quality of life. These impact Security of us all, and the economy and living standards we have. For example we need to defend ourselves, this means we need to construct more infrastructure to build ships / planes. Factories to make these things, that means we need steel, steel comes from coal? We need our economic polices to support education (to give our young more choice in careers that best serve our nation), we need a good economy to improve medical research so that things like Covid are a thing of the past. We need to build more dams to store water for our farmers so we have a plentiful supply and cost reduction for the foods we eat. We get rid of coal now our economy will go to crap and we won't be able to afford or make change.

Given this I agree we have to change the way we live but I think there are bigger issues we face immediately.

Lia Thomas is a biological male. She will always be a biological male. And she has no right to compete against women who are at an insurmountable physical disadvantage. There's a word for that....cheating.

I don't care how she chooses to live. That's her business and if it makes her happy, more power to her.

But she is about as much of a biological woman as I am a coffee table. We have certain choices we are free to make in life and certain things that are out of our control. "Too bad so sad" as my kids used to say.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8