trans athletes ... and cheeses and paddlepops

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought the topic was going to be something like this:

1648265870878.png

Being fair to all then why don't we have a male competition, a women's competition and then a trans gender competition. If they want to play a particular sport go out and get some funding and start a competition. I mean we already have competitions out there for cultural entities.

If the issue was simply weight/strength discrepancies then divide contact sport into weight divisions.

As was alluded to in Will's original post, if player safety due to weight difference was the real issue here, then the NRL would not be functioning the way it is. We even revel in the drama of such differences and build narratives around them.

That said, the issue is indeed much more complex in sport than simple physical differences, just as it is for the individuals who live it.

On the personal satisfaction, Lia says:

“I’m a woman, just like anybody else on the team. I’ve always viewed myself as just a swimmer. It’s what I’ve done for so long; it’s what I love.” She’s not thinking about wins or records, she insists. “I get into the water every day and do my best.”

From Sports Illustrated: ‘I Am Lia’: The Trans Swimmer Dividing America Tells Her Story | Sports Illustrated
Lia has the winged keel advantage though !

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8