Tossbags

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yeah it was! On the spelling nazi issue, I'm not too fussed, but agree slack use of language can make the poster appear to be an idiot and also make it hard to understand at times.

My pet hate is solid blocks of text. May as well just post a photo of a brick as far as I'm concerned. I guess my attention span is limited when it comes to perusing forum posts.

Solid blocks of text are a major turn off for the reader; so is an inappropriate use of punctuation, which forces the reader to have to double and triple back over a sentence, phrase, or paragraph. :s

What I can't get over is when a person doesn't double check their header title; how many times are there simple errors there, which to any lurker from another club he must think, what a bunch of inept supporters. :huh:

Mind you, this forum is probably still of a higher standard than other team's forums. ;)

Some posts are harder to read than others but it doesn't worry me too much. If poor punctuation is the worst thing that happens to you in your day, then you haven't got a lot to worry about.

Jerry1 said:
People who constantly use the c word!

To me it just demonstrates a lack of vernacular and makes me think that the poster/person can't express themselves as they would like to. Also, for the record, 'clever' (and I use the term loosely) homonyms like Rex Hunt annoys me even more.

[Insert Cambo's reply including a Rex Hunt or two (probably aimed at me) :p. ]

codewana said:
Jerry1 said:

To me it just demonstrates a lack of vernacular and makes me think that the poster/person can't express themselves as they would like to. Also, for the record, 'clever' (and I use the term loosely) homonyms like Rex Hunt annoys me even more.

mate atleast i can spell my username its quiet obvious you have left the k out of yours why dont you go cry about being based by knights fans again you tard

Cambo said:
codewana said:
Jerry1 said:

mate atleast i can spell my username its quiet obvious you have left the k out of yours why dont you go cry about being based by knights fans again you tard

When correcting someone and mentioning spelling, it is always best to spell things correctly

Lol did I make an error? Where?
Haha!

Cambo said:
codewana said:
Jerry1 said:

Just a bit of fun mate. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way - no malice intended.

codewana said:
Jerry1 said:

This is such a common misconception.
I have a freind with multiple degrees in the English language. She swears more than anyone I know, other than possibly myself (for my many faults, a lack of vocabulary is not one of them).

It's a prudish cop out to say that people swear because they have a limited vocab. If you want to project pure hatred & utter contempt, there's no more concise a means than to call someone a ****. From that point on, you can elaborate on why they're a **** by using all the big boy words you want but usually you really don't need to. You've made your point with one word.

Duff said:
codewana said:
Jerry1 said:

I have a freind with multiple degrees in the English language. She swears more than anyone I know, other than possibly myself (for my many faults, a lack of vocabulary is not one of them).

It's a prudish cop out to say that people swear because they have a limited vocab. If you want to project pure hatred & utter contempt, there's no more concise a means than to call someone a c**t. From that point on, you can elaborate on why they're a c**t by using all the big boy words you want but usually you really don't need to. You've made your point with one word.

Disagree. I think it depends on what one is trying to accomplish. If insulting someone is the target maybe cussing at them would do the trick, but I would be more offended/upset if someone could back up why I were a **** with reasonable arguments and points. Swear words don't generally make me feel bad about myself.

You may be right about it not necessarily meaning a lack of vocabulary, but surely when you hear people use the word so casually you don't step back and think ' wow, that's an excellent point - what a classy and scholarly person that is'.

codewana said:
eagle-rock08 said:
.... but also affect the meaning of what the person is trying to say. The other day someone posted about a banner for the lol@50uths game and said something along the lines of "The Bunnies concede penalised too, refs", but wrote it "The Bunnies concede penalties to refs". There is a big difference in what those two phrases mean, and it can sometimes be confusing and misleading if the wrong spelling or poor grammar are displayed.

Everyone makes typos, but unless you're dyslexic, the word "what" is never spelt 'wot' - that's just laziness and demonstrates a lack of respect to your readers.

Seen at the SOO 3;

ENNIS - Your a Wanker!

codewana said:
Duff said:
codewana said:
Jerry1 said:

It's a prudish cop out to say that people swear because they have a limited vocab. If you want to project pure hatred & utter contempt, there's no more concise a means than to call someone a c**t. From that point on, you can elaborate on why they're a c**t by using all the big boy words you want but usually you really don't need to. You've made your point with one word.

Disagree. I think it depends on what one is trying to accomplish. If insulting someone is the target maybe cussing at them would do the trick, but I would be more offended/upset if someone could back up why I were a c**t with reasonable arguments and points. Swear words don't generally make me feel bad about myself.

You may be right about it not necessarily meaning a lack of vocabulary, but surely when you hear people use the word so casually you don't step back and think ' wow, that's an excellent point - what a classy and scholarly person that is'.

I don't judge someone on that. It's too easy to underestimate someone for their fruity language & they can make a fool of you.

Resonable points & arguments don't convey a sense of red faced, blood boiling anger in the way that swearing does. Usually that's what I'm feeling with football.

Given that this is a footy forum & that we're here to discuss football, everything is volitile & emotional. At the football, it's rather simple. You are fighting a battle along side your tribe, the other tribe is the enemy. You haaaaaaaaaaaate them with everything you have, for 80 minutes. These people aren't worth anything more than the simplest, most hate filled words.

At a footy game, Duff, I'd agree. And maybe also when we are on the boards while watching the game too. But on any other day I don't understand why (especially if we're all the same tribe and only hate the opposition) one would like to be so red faced with blood boiling anger. A lot of the crudeness is just for the sake of crudeness, and while Dan or other moderators or even other forum members may find it either alright or distasteful, I still believe it has to at least a little bit reflect the type of person typing it out, and also of the environment in which it exists (in this case, Dan's Silvertail's forum).

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6