Top 8,Manly, Spoon & Dally M

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No idea. But my big theory for the year is Panthers to have a shocker because they have a bunch of bad boys doing bad and a half who does no wrong in a team coached by the Dad of said half. Just a theory.

No one knows what the future holds .
The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams

Lets keep the Dream alive !!!

Top 8

Manly
Roosters
Storm
Broncos
Dragons
The sex tape panthers
Souths
Sharks

Spooners / Parra

Dally M / Daly Cherry Evans

Manly so far are unbeaten and are on track to stay on top at No1 !!!

r0_0_640_360_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Top 8
in no order
Tigers
Souths
Brisbane
Cowboys
Storm
Dragons
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Spoon for Eels
Dally M Michael Morgan
We finish the year in 7th but end up 6th after finals...
Our player of the year is Taupau

Last edited:
By the way it’s not my intention for this to be “ ridicule the picks “ thread just post them as you see them and we can revisit after round 26.

@highlandeagle you clearly didn’t read this !!

I don’t care if you disagree , it’s just what everyone thinks before kick off and to be revisited In September.

You posted yours yet???

1. Roosters
2. Brisbane
3. Penrith
4. Souths
5. Sharks
6. Dragons
7. Knights
8. Storm
(Manly 9th)
Dally M - Kalyn Ponga
Wooden Spoon - Raiders

1. Eels
2. Dogs
3. Raiders.
4. Tigers
5. Titans
6. Knights
7. Dragons
8. Sea eagles
9. Panthers
10. Sharks
11. Cowboys
12. Rabbits
13. Warriers
14. Roosters
15. Broncos
16. Storm

Eels go out in straight sets
Eagles win all remaining matches
Storm protest and make playoffs for 7-16
13 way tie for DM
Toddies refuses the spoon to storm and gives it to the old faithfuls

Top 8

Panthers
Broncos
Souths
Titans (there is usually at least one surprise)
Dragons
Cows
Faders
Knights

Spoon: joint Roosters and Storm after being done for salary cap rorting.

Dally M: Cronk (channel Nein must have its fairytale and all that)

Manly: 11th

Rookie of the Year: Hoppa.

Note sure how people have us in the 8?
We are rebuilding guys. This is our cycle period to develop , nurture and grow. It's exciting

Expecting top 8 is just setting yourself up for a world of disappointment in my opinion . Each to their own of course, and it's very admirable and positive, which is good.

Just don't know how realistic it is.

Notice the NRL on Fox had us 13th I think it was? Or 14th? Maybe 15th. Sorry, my memory is farked after my fall.

We are rebuilding guys. This is our cycle period to develop , nurture and grow. It's exciting

Expecting top 8 is just setting yourself up for a world of disappointment in my opinion . Each to their own of course, and it's very admirable and positive, which is good.

Notice the NRL on Fox had us 13th I think it was? Or 14th? Maybe 15th. Sorry, my memory is farked after my fall.

Notice ...Notice ....Notice ..

Notice the experts had them at 5,000 - 1 odds against them

In 2015 Leicester City's unbelievable Premier league victory showed why sport can be magical. The odds on them winning the title were 5000-1 and yet they won their one and only title in 132 years of existence.

What was even more shocking was that in the previous season, they were lucky to remain in the English Premier League, just avoiding relegation. Yet with mostly the same team (although a different coach / manager) the relegation favorites stunned the sporting world by becoming Premier League Champions in the space of 12 months!

Notice .......

Expecting failure is the biggest disappointment because we get what we expect in the end .

The NRL experts do not always get the top 8 or anything else right

Realistic is we have the coach and a mixture of elite , experienced and players with potential to give it a great shot.

Pessimism is to stop believing , drop our pants down and in our mind end our seasons hopes before it begins .

man-his-jean-pants-down-260nw-180409982.jpg

Last edited:

I know what you are saying,but for me I don't just look at our squad and think...Ok,we are strong there and weak here and therefore we will finish here.I look at all the squads in the NRL and assess it on that,for me there are only 4 sides that I would be worried about and they are the Dragons,Storm,Roosters and Cowboys.I think we can match up with all other sides looking at their talent level etc...,I don't get overly concerned about depth levels because that is a variable that you can't predict.Take the Roosters for example,whether you think they are cheating the cap or not,they have bugger all depth outside of their top 17,they only have 5 guys who have played an NRL match(we have 7 I think)Ryan Hall,Matt Ikuvalu,Brock Lamb,Nat Butcher and Craig Garvey are their depth players(hardly awe inspiring?).Our depth is(without injuries and with NRL experience) Perrett,Sipley,Elgey,Winterstein,Croker,Suli,Fainu(depending on selection),our younger untried players are just as talented as theirs as well,we therefore have more depth in my opinion than them.That is why you can't factor injuries/depth into the equation too much because if you did you would have to say the Roosters would be a chance for the spoon with a couple of injuries.Yes,they have a better top 17 than us,but in my opinion they are only one of 4 that do...People say,yeah you take Jake,Tom,DCE,Walker,Tapau out and we are gone,but take Tedesco,Mitchell,Cronk,Keary and Cordner out and they are gone too...

Roosters
Cowboys
Souths
Brisbane
Storm
Cronulla
Manly
Penrith

Spoon - Eels

Dall M - Tedesco

1. Roosters
2. Souths
3. Broncos
4. Panthers
5. Storm
6. Sharks
7. Cowboys
8. Knights

Manly: 11th

Dally M: Cameron Munster

Premiers: Souths

Spoon: Eels

I have Manly running 12th Bozo but geez I love your positivity. A true Eagle you are no doubt.
Might have to bump us up to tenth !!

Mate , I am basing my opinion on ReaL facts , Real players , Real Teams , Real coaches , Real results

These facts are not from Rocky movies but from Real life victorious events

The fact is the underdog has bitten plenty of the favourites in the arse

The fact is those who believe grow another level in status .

There are 2 types of characters in this world

1. The optimistic ones that have hope and believe and work wonders

2. The pessimists who dig their own grave well before their time is up

The moral of this factual story is ....

In life we always get what we expect

I see Sea eagles flying high from my end and I am sure Des has all his players believing as well

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8