• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
The mexicans will suffer during and after the SOO period. Choc, Brett maybe gift might be the ones out for us. We can cover the backrow but who plays fullback?

I'd say Hiku swoop. Gutherson maybe after his showing in the U/20 SOO. But Hiku would have to be in front.

simon64 said:
swoop said:
The mexicans will suffer during and after the SOO period. Choc, Brett maybe gift might be the ones out for us. We can cover the backrow but who plays fullback?

I'd say Hiku swoop. Gutherson maybe after his showing in the U/20 SOO. But Hiku would have to be in front.

I agree I think Hiku played fullback in the trial matches before/after Brett came on/off

torana355 said:
Clint said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Maloney won't be picked

On current form I'd pick Maloney.
His combination with Pearce plus his goal kicking has him ahead of Carney atm imo.
+1 Ive always rated Maloney, i think the Warriors made him look worse then he is as he is looking great at the Roosters.

I would pick Maloney too. The Roosters are genuine contenders this year and Maloney is one of the reasons for that.

I agree Manly, Melbourne, Souths and Roosters are a clear top 4 this year. There are always some surprise packets at the end and they could get as far as the GF, but I can't see anyone outside that top 4 winning the comp.

Carney was in good form before injury and look at his halves partner as well. He is the playmaker in that team and when his head is right one of the top 5 5/8's in the game.

If he is playing like he was before injury he keeps his spot.

Malony is playing well but didnt go great last weekend. At least there is backup and we dont get bird out of position in 5/8 leaving him able to play his best in the backrow.

I thought maloney deserved a spot a few years ago when he was playing for warriors, he would have gone alright in 2011 IMO

EagleFromMay1967 said:
With 15 consecutive wins i think the scum bubble will burst, courtesy of some key injuries at key times. They have peaked too early. 'Competitions are not won in March' (or April).

The best possible GF for the NRL and for the masses would be an all sydney thing. That 's gotta be Souths V Manly GF.

And the final score will be . . . . . . . . 40 - Nil. GI's try will be disallowed.

Fixed:D

Merritt will never get a go as his defense is poor. I thought the big blond guy from the Rooters went very well and should come into consideration. Daniel, Elliott must read this forum as in the Souths game, whenever they went to the edges they scored. They didn't go there often enough, and ended up losing. They are just a dumb team, coached by a not to bright coach. I think the top four picks itself, us, souffs, rooters and storm.

Of those four Souffs are the most unlikely.

MissKate said:
simon64 said:
swoop said:

I agree I think Hiku played fullback in the trial matches before/after Brett came on/off

Is he a fullback and how did he go in the trials?

swoop said:
MissKate said:
simon64 said:
swoop said:

Is he a fullback and how did he go in the trials?

He played FB for the Warriors NYC team that won the comp in 2011. Played ok in the trial against Cronulla, I didn't see the other one.

100% spot on MK Eagle. Exactly as I see it after 7 rounds.

MK Eagle said:
Based on minor premiership not finals.
1 - Storm - Should again win minor premiership - clinical with guns in prime positions. Still see weakesses in their defence as shown by Broncs & Warriors. Amazed they keep such a high level of consistency & still think Cam Smith is the most influential player in the game
2 - Manly - Critics can continue to leave out Manly, imo the defence is solid, have willing fowards, super halves, world class centres & Gift to come back. Good a show as any.
3 - Souths - Arguably the best foward(S.Burgess) & back(Inglis) in the NRL. Tough fowards, fast backs & quality half but with so much depending on the inconsistent Sutton in such a pivotal position, will again fall short by 1 game of the GF.
4 - Roosters - Showing flashes of brilliance with great attacking footy & an amazing accountant...SBW gives them an X factor & Maloney is in top form. Still see them losing the plot against the tougher faster defence lines but will be thereabouts & take some stopping.
Only other 2 teams who can threaten are Nth Qld who should come good & hate to say it but the Pups will get a roll on at some stage with the potential to match MOST of the above at full strength, if they agree to play together???

I'm sorry to say but i think manly are not top 4 material this year. I think 7 or 8 is gonna be more on the mark. we've picked up 2 good players Lawrence and and Symmonds but have some tired and ageing players. Especially our forwards . I think Buhrer needs to be an 80 minute player and king kyte and biff need to come of the bench. Maybe bring Rose back in .

One loss after 5 good wins Terry and you write us off, chin up we will bounce back and be there in the business end of the season.

Terry-Randal said:
I'm sorry to say but i think manly are not top 4 material this year. I think 7 or 8 is gonna be more on the mark. we've picked up 2 good players Lawrence and and Symmonds but have some tired and ageing players. Especially our forwards . I think Buhrer needs to be an 80 minute player and king kyte and biff need to come of the bench. Maybe bring Rose back in .

We are still a top 4 side mate. We just need to learn to control our emotions in big games, that is the third time we have lost due to trying to bash our way to victory. If we concentrate on playing footy we can beat anyone in the comp.

We are facing the crazy situation this season, where we finish 2nd and the Roosters finish 3rd, we play them at their home ground in week 1 ! Unless we had the option to go to ANZ and keep it neutral

Terry-Randal said:
Sorry mate. Totally disagree !!
Wait until we hit 6th gear.
The other night we lost to a team playing above 90% of their potential, while we were at 65% if that

We are definitely top 4 Igor. Nothing surer. Storm, Souths, Manly, Roosters, daylight.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4