Top 4 beckons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why is finishing top 4 such a massive thing?

I get that historically it is an advantage, but this year, with a game at Brookvale, I would rather finish 5th, and play at home, than have to travel to Melbourne. Every game after week 1 is a sudden death anyway, and I'm not a big fan of the week off for Top 4 winners.

It's much the muchness this year in particular, with the policy change.

You only need a 4 game run to win a GF.
But if we finish 4th, I'd love to have a crack at the Storm for a spot in the pre-lim straight away. And then if we lose, we have the fall back of a game at Brookie the following week. I think top 4 is crucial.

But if we finish 4th, I'd love to have a crack at the Storm for a spot in the pre-lim straight away. And then if we lose, we have the fall back of a game at Brookie the following week. I think top 4 is crucial.
Just fyi week 2 hosting rights are the bigger stadiums as nomral. Brookvale oval is only available to be used in week one of finals, that is it.

The fall back game would not be at Brookvale. Thus my thoughts on the matter.
SCG I assume would be the venue.
Not exactly a home ground advantage.

We will aim to finish as high as we possibly can. Given where we have come from (last year and early this year), we don't want to endure a form slump now, I think we really need to keep the momentum going. Doesn't mean we have to win every match but we need to be right in there competing and yes, finishing top 4 will be a massive boost for our men in every way, not least to their confidence.

After next week we should be in the Top 4, because Storm will smash Souths and we should beat the Warriors. Currently Souths for and against is only marginally better than our own.
And if we do get in, then all we have to do is keep winning. We have some hard games to come but this team has so much improvement left in them it is ridiculous.
The last few weeks have been pretty to watch. Great defence and a new Manly side! Well done to Des

The last few weeks have been pretty to watch. Great defence and a new Manly side! Well done to Des

BY the way Mrs D . Tradition is a very big and Important part of a club and you and Max have not and will never be forgotten !!!

img_2323.jpg

We just have to keep winning. One week at a time. It feels good to be supporting a team that actually has the ability to win against any opposition.

It all starts with tonight's game.

We are taking on a poor warriors side who can blind side us if we are lazy or complacent.

We need to put them to the sword, and win by a margin.

Then storm should beat south's. Even better if chooks beat raiders that way it's even points for thrash 4 rounds and 1 of those games is vs raiders.

Also I can't see souffs going 5 straight the way they are playing.

Come fourth. Play the storm in melbourne (which is a great ground for us..... plus I an attend)

Have a week off.

Play some muppets like Souths.

Make the grand final against the STorm and beat them for the third time in a row (38-0)

Surely thats not too much to ask?

Manly could choose ANZ as they would be the highest positioned Team.

ANZ experience is invaluable to our rookie Team of finalists :nod:

Last edited:

It gives us the luxury of surviving a week one loss, and at best, we get the week off if we win the first final. An invaluable opportunity considering how fatigued we looked against Newcastle after playing Melbourne, Brookvale or not.

If we finish top 4 and win the first final we can go all the way.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves the next 5 weeks will be tough. I hope the boys are only focused on tonight's game.

Yes a few getting way ahead of themselves here ( but a lot of fun I know).

I don’t think we will win all 5 of the last games , we probably will drop 1 and maybe even 2.

Of course I hope not, I hope we don’t lose another game this year BUT the one thing this team hasn’t experienced is finals football AND that’s a really big factor.

Remember 2006, first time in the finals for years , out first week.

That team learnt a lot from that and then made the GF the next year.

They lost that , and as soon as they did I said on Silvertails “ don’t worry I reckon we will win in 2008”.

Where they’ve got to after the last three years is amazing , enjoy the ride , bask in the glory BUT be aware it can come crashing down very quickly with a loss or two and a drop in confidence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4