Top 29 announced ... today? (Yes - Top 30 Named)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who knows? Maybe that was only the date by which the clubs were required to submit their lists to the NRL. Which will then take a few weeks to approve (or reject) them. Then considered by Greenberg himself for a couple more weeks (in case his daughter's friends have any objections). After all of which the information might even be revealed to us lowly fans?

All good though, the new ad shows that fans are important to the game. @:(

March 1 was cut off for top 29. I assume it's all to do with registered contracts and what has been submitted to the NRL. Your Top 29 is you 29 highest $$ value registered contracts. Can't say I know exactly how development contracts work and whether they are allowed to exceed a Top 30 squad contract in $$$ terms or not. If you are listed on a development contract do you have to earn less than the lowest paid member of the Top 30 squad ??

I'm not sure there is a requirement for clubs to "publish" their top 29 lists or not - as long as they have lodged contracts with NRL and got them registered by cut off date then they have fulfilled criteria. I don't recall top 29 lists being publicly revealed last season after cut off date - but happy to be proven wrong

Going by this article

Salary Cap $9.5mil

The minimum payments are as follows for season 2020

Players 1 - 26 - minimum wage is $110K
Players 27-30 - minimum wage is $75K

Development players - $60K per year (fixed amount ?)

So I assume any "development" player signed for more than $60K would by definition have to then step up to minimum $75K and then be part of Top 30 is the way I would read it. So maybe that might include Schuster ?? who knows. He might be on one of those famous back ended deals where it's development contract first year then upgrading to NRL squad next year. Or he might take the 30th spot in current squad. We also have scope to release a player from current squad and replace them before June 30th. I'd imagine it's a constant juggling act

March 1 was cut off for top 29. I assume it's all to do with registered contracts and what has been submitted to the NRL. Your Top 29 is you 29 highest $$ value registered contracts. Can't say I know exactly how development contracts work and whether they are allowed to exceed a Top 30 squad contract in $$$ terms or not. If you are listed on a development contract do you have to earn less than the lowest paid member of the Top 30 squad ??

I'm not sure there is a requirement for clubs to "publish" their top 29 lists or not - as long as they have lodged contracts with NRL and got them registered by cut off date then they have fulfilled criteria. I don't recall top 29 lists being publicly revealed last season after cut off date - but happy to be proven wrong

Hey Chip, does anyone on the site like to be proven wrong? being an expert in this category - I personally hate it! o_O

Hey Chip, does anyone on the site like to be proven wrong? being an expert in this category - I personally hate it! o_O
Hasn't happened yet - I just like to keep throwing out the challenge in case someone wants a shot. :)

I don't recall top 29 lists being publicly revealed last season after cut off date - but happy to be proven wrong
Surely each club should/would publish bios on their club website of the 29 'chosen ones' and the six "development" players. Likewise the Blacktown Workers' roster.

Going by this article

Salary Cap $9.5mil

The minimum payments are as follows for season 2020

Players 1 - 26 - minimum wage is $110K
Players 27-30 - minimum wage is $75K

Development players - $60K per year (fixed amount ?)

So I assume any "development" player signed for more than $60K would by definition have to then step up to minimum $75K and then be part of Top 30 is the way I would read it.
If we have 30 players on 75k and above I can't see why ( if a development contract is not fixed at 60k) that even all 6 development players can't be on 75k and still not be a part of the Top 30.

And Braden Musgrove ?

We have named all 30.

Musgrove and probably Fainu won’t play
Seems strange but good strong squad

Last edited:
According to Ancestry.com it is Metcalf’s.
You can see how Metcalf families moved over time by selecting different census years. The Metcalf family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The most Metcalf families were found in the USA in 1880. In 1840 there were 75 Metcalf families living in New York. This was about 16% of all the recorded Metcalf's in the USA. New York had the highest population of Metcalf families in 1840.

Can’t believe you got me to look for this. Well played SER8. I know you’re chortling away.@:D
They ****ed up on the apostrophe

If we have 30 players on 75k and above I can't see why ( if a development contract is not fixed at 60k) that even all 6 development players can't be on 75k and still not be a part of the Top 30.
Technically you might be right, but the way I read it is that development contracts are capped at $60K. They did this to get rid of the "second tier cap" which caused lots of headaches for clubs when injuries hit and players had to come into NRL squad.

A really strong squad, I'd have confidence in almost every player if they had to come in to plug a hole through injury. The one obvious weakness is depth at hooker, so fingers crossed there.
Still one development spot to fill also.

Ipape omitted, yet he told me at the fan day he'd just signed a development contract. Now I'm damned if I know what he signed :wondering:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8