Top 29 announced ... today? (Yes - Top 30 Named)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Is today the day our top 29 and 6 development players are named ??

In light of the trial game some very interesting situations have developed ... I know some are saying it is a done deal .. if so, we may be disappointed at some of the names missing out ..... I think there may still be at least one surprise .....

we have a glut of potential ... but they all can't be there ...

The players I will be disappointed to see miss out would be I-pape and Saddler,

Schuster is top 30, not development and will be eligible from rd1 but Walker is getting first shot.

Metcalfe did his best to make Schuster look ordinary by running a poor/deep line out the back on set plays. Such is the talent of Josh, he kept hitting Metcalfe on the chest but you'll never see Tom T make it that hard him.

Metcalfe was terrible yesterday. Threw an awful pass with the line open in the first half, tried his rabbit out of hat play out of dummy half and ran off without the ball in his hand and was rag dolled all day. Put him on development only.

Metcalfe is a half-back so I don't know why they are trialling him at fullback. Ease up on him. He'll be the deputy halfback when DCE is unavailable.
Schuster has the hands and football nous of Cliffy. I see him as being our X-factor, and after a few rounds I believe he'll take over from Walker who will move to the centres. With DCE and Schuster you have attacking flair that will worry every opposition. Schuster will prove Turbo with more opportunities than Walker, who is a running player. I think we need Schuster as our current outsider backs - Suli, Parker and Tafua - are big and solid but certainly not speedsters or particularly skilful for NRL standard.
It seems we have plenty of big forwards coming though - Guaca and Saddler being two that particularly impress me - while Keppie has become a must for our top 17.
I think we may 'ease' into this comp. We'll lose a few in the early rounds but get better as the season progresses and, if Schuster develops as I believe he will, we'll be a top two team by the finals.

Schuster is top 30, not development and will be eligible from rd1 but Walker is getting first shot.

Metcalfe did his best to make Schuster look ordinary by running a poor/deep line out the back on set plays. Such is the talent of Josh, he kept hitting Metcalfe on the chest but you'll never see Tom T make it that hard him.

Metcalfe was terrible yesterday. Threw an awful pass with the line open in the first half, tried his rabbit out of hat play out of dummy half and ran off without the ball in his hand and was rag dolled all day. Put him on development only.
Agree Metcalf miles off nrl poor hands and helter skelter

yeah if we lose DCE for an extended period we are screwed. Anyone thinking metcalf is next in line are kidding themselves. From what I have seen he has speed but not much more.
Yeah agree, while lachlan croker could not put a player through a 80 meter gap zero vision

You are just basing this on his form at fullback. Did you see him play half-back anytime over the past two seasons?

Based on reports from Smokin Joe and Snake who I rate as good judges. Watched him closely in the 9’s (I know it is a Mickey Mouse comp) and from what I could see all he had was a kick and chase. The fact that they are playing him at fullback suggests they don’t see him as a half and hope he develops into a papinhauzen or drinkwater type fullback.

I say lay off the kid. Last thing we need is to turn him into the next 'Tom Wright' on here.
I too have been critical of players but you know what perhaps we should be a little bit more patient.....
How many full games at fullback has the kid who was a half played? Des obviously has a plan for him and is perhaps looking to squeeze him into the top 30 at some point as a backup to Tommy as that's the only position I feel we may be in need of a spark player as back up.

OK so tell me this, would his family be known at the Metcalves?
According to Ancestry.com it is Metcalf’s.
You can see how Metcalf families moved over time by selecting different census years. The Metcalf family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The most Metcalf families were found in the USA in 1880. In 1840 there were 75 Metcalf families living in New York. This was about 16% of all the recorded Metcalf's in the USA. New York had the highest population of Metcalf families in 1840.

Can’t believe you got me to look for this. Well played SER8. I know you’re chortling away.@:D

According to Ancestry.com it is Metcalf’s.
You can see how Metcalf families moved over time by selecting different census years. The Metcalf family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The most Metcalf families were found in the USA in 1880. In 1840 there were 75 Metcalf families living in New York. This was about 16% of all the recorded Metcalf's in the USA. New York had the highest population of Metcalf families in 1840.

Can’t believe you got me to look for this. Well played SER8. I know you’re chortling away.@:D
Lol, no apostrophe please :)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8