Toovey not getting the best out of TREX, but Hasler WILL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gotsy

Reserve Grader
Its quite obvious that last year, big trex was playing much better (when he did play) than he is this year. And simply, it comes down to the coaching. I remember trex running onto and getting the ball in his hands at least 5-7 metres before the defensive line and running hard and steamrolling the opposition, often breaking the line and creating opportunities.

This year it seems as though every time he gets the ball he is flat footed, only 2-3 metres from the defensive line and has a standing start. All he does now is knocks 1 player from the defence to the ground and gets tackled straight away, eventuating into nothing.

This simply comes down to Toovey's coaching and his inexperience. Hasler must be laughing every week at the way trex is being used, which is to say massively underused. I guarantee that when he plays for the bulldogs next year, he will be one of the best players, and have the most linebreaks in the comp (similar to 2011). Simply because of Hasler.

Every week I doubt Toovey's coaching ability, because of our structure on the field, especially in attack. Even with Brett Stewart, its evident our attack is not as strong as last year. Why? Because of Toovey. Im not here to bag the bloke, because I remember when Hasler first took over we struggled as well, but surely with the same team as last year (minus our wingers) Toovey has to be getting more out of this team. He's a Professional Rookie!!!

Its quite obvious that last year, big trex was playing much better (when he did play) than he is this year. And simply, it comes down to the coaching. I remember trex running onto and getting the ball in his hands at least 5-7 metres before the defensive line and running hard and steamrolling the opposition, often breaking the line and creating opportunities.

This year it seems as though every time he gets the ball he is flat footed, only 2-3 metres from the defensive line and has a standing start. All he does now is knocks 1 player from the defence to the ground and gets tackled straight away, eventuating into nothing.

This simply comes down to Toovey's coaching and his inexperience. Hasler must be laughing every week at the way trex is being used, which is to say massively underused. I guarantee that when he plays for the bulldogs next year, he will be one of the best players, and have the most linebreaks in the comp (similar to 2011). Simply because of Hasler.

Every week I doubt Toovey's coaching ability, because of our structure on the field, especially in attack. Even with Brett Stewart, its evident our attack is not as strong as last year. Why? Because of Toovey. Im not here to bag the bloke, because I remember when Hasler first took over we struggled as well, but surely with the same team as last year (minus our wingers) Toovey has to be getting more out of this team. He's a Professional Rookie!!!

I dont think that it's Tooveys fault. i just think that he has his mind on next year and nothing else. Easy to see why, when you know you are winding up in a job, you tend to close up shop earlier than you should

I dont think that it's Tooveys fault. i just think that he has his mind on next year and nothing else. Easy to see why, when you know you are winding up in a job, you tend to close up shop earlier than you should

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
At the start of the year he was playing brilliant, Toovey was the coach then. I think his drop in form is due to his injury, suspension and signing elsewhere.

At the start of the year he was playing brilliant, Toovey was the coach then. I think his drop in form is due to his injury, suspension and signing elsewhere.

He was playing for a contract last year. I don't expect to see him at his best for another four years when his next contract is about to expire.

He was playing for a contract last year. I don't expect to see him at his best for another four years when his next contract is about to expire.

T Rex carved up the 1st 2 rounds, got suspended, came back and dominated his 1st game back, and has been quiet the past 3 or 4

It happens with a lot of players, and I have no doubt we will see another 2-3 big games from him before he leaves. Players go through peaks and troughs during a year, I won't blame Toovey for that

T Rex carved up the 1st 2 rounds, got suspended, came back and dominated his 1st game back, and has been quiet the past 3 or 4

It happens with a lot of players, and I have no doubt we will see another 2-3 big games from him before he leaves. Players go through peaks and troughs during a year, I won't blame Toovey for that

I agree with what Garts has to say, having a disrupted year would obviously affect him, but I disagree with what Daniel and Bones say. When you're on the field playing a game of footy, you dont think about anything else but that game. You dont think about the bulldogs when you run the ball, you dont think about the bulldogs when you make a tackle ect ect. In some sense it does come down to his own mental ability, but I still think the WAY he is being used isnt to the best of his ability. And not just him, other players too. But Trex mostly.

I agree with what Garts has to say, having a disrupted year would obviously affect him, but I disagree with what Daniel and Bones say. When you're on the field playing a game of footy, you dont think about anything else but that game. You dont think about the bulldogs when you run the ball, you dont think about the bulldogs when you make a tackle ect ect. In some sense it does come down to his own mental ability, but I still think the WAY he is being used isnt to the best of his ability. And not just him, other players too. But Trex mostly.

Hasler had him for 2 years and the block only started to move in the later part of year.

He's a bit lazy. Running into ball close to oppositions line, that's 101 stuff.

Hasler had him for 2 years and the block only started to move in the later part of year.

He's a bit lazy. Running into ball close to oppositions line, that's 101 stuff.

gotsy said:

Whilst I don't disagree, I think it's different for all people and players, who knows what is going on in his head. It could be his back is still troubling him or he is concerned about injuring it again

gotsy said:

Whilst I don't disagree, I think it's different for all people and players, who knows what is going on in his head. It could be his back is still troubling him or he is concerned about injuring it again

This jibberish talk from Manly fans that they hate Hasler and he's a sh*t coach is ridiculous. Lets face it, he got us to 3 grand finals, won 2 of them. Personally I still have a soft spot for him and have no hard feelings at all. It wasnt the best way he went, but at the end of the day he wanted a new challenge and went for it. Good luck to him. For anyone to think he would stay at Manly his whole coaching career is as stupid as f***. It would be great to see him back at Manly one day. He is a master, no doubt about it. Looks what he did with our team (back in 2005 we were a rubbish team) and he transformed us around. Now he's doing wonders with the bulldogs after they couldnt even beat a reserve grade team last year. And I think 98% of manly fans that say they dont like him anymore, know deep down that they really do and wont admit it.

This jibberish talk from Manly fans that they hate Hasler and he's a sh*t coach is ridiculous. Lets face it, he got us to 3 grand finals, won 2 of them. Personally I still have a soft spot for him and have no hard feelings at all. It wasnt the best way he went, but at the end of the day he wanted a new challenge and went for it. Good luck to him. For anyone to think he would stay at Manly his whole coaching career is as stupid as f***. It would be great to see him back at Manly one day. He is a master, no doubt about it. Looks what he did with our team (back in 2005 we were a rubbish team) and he transformed us around. Now he's doing wonders with the bulldogs after they couldnt even beat a reserve grade team last year. And I think 98% of manly fans that say they dont like him anymore, know deep down that they really do and wont admit it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2