Toovey not getting the best out of TREX, but Hasler WILL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can understand why Hasler tried to take so many - well, he actually succeeded - coaching staff with him.

It takes years to build up something good. And that something good is not just a good team on the field, but a good coaching group behind the scenes.

Des took some of his team with him.

So Toovey is part of a big, new team now. Hasler was once Toovey.

Anyone expecting Toovey to pick up where Des left off doesn't really understand the change.

As for T-Rex, he probably needs to be motivated (by others), and handled gently with overclocking-cattle-prods. He probably know Des is good for him. A stern father and all that.

But, in the end, Toovey will win Manly more than trophies.

I can understand why Hasler tried to take so many - well, he actually succeeded - coaching staff with him.

It takes years to build up something good. And that something good is not just a good team on the field, but a good coaching group behind the scenes.

Des took some of his team with him.

So Toovey is part of a big, new team now. Hasler was once Toovey.

Anyone expecting Toovey to pick up where Des left off doesn't really understand the change.

As for T-Rex, he probably needs to be motivated (by others), and handled gently with overclocking-cattle-prods. He probably know Des is good for him. A stern father and all that.

But, in the end, Toovey will win Manly more than trophies.

Tooves has spent the last cpl of years on the field behind the trex carrying the water...it's implausible that Tooves doesn't know what motivates the bloke. Getting him to do it regularly is a whole different proposition.:huh:

Tooves has spent the last cpl of years on the field behind the trex carrying the water...it's implausible that Tooves doesn't know what motivates the bloke. Getting him to do it regularly is a whole different proposition.:huh:

I think its a ridiculous statement to be honest. T-Rexs form this year has been inconsistent due to injury and suspension. That being said his game against the Chooks a few weeks ago was arguably the most destructive of his career and Des wasn't coaching that day. That being said, Des might be able to get T-Rex to play some good footy, but I guarantee you it will be at the expense of Frank Pritchard. IMO both players are very similar types and they need the team to get them involved otherwise they'll stand out wide collecting cobwebs. With 2 of the same type of player in the same team trying to split the opportunites for both won't work and you'll have 2 backrowers who will be averaging 50m and 12 tackles per game. It won't work. They'll have to pick one and make him the go to guy and the other ones form will die in the dust.

I'm also at a loss to wonder why so many apparent Manly fans are so quick to stick the boots into arguably one of our greatest ever players, let alone our greatest captain. Not only is it his first year of coaching he's taken over a team after what can only be described as an off season from hell, continuing into the season with most of the big name players in the squad the subject of contractual negotiations, more injuries and suspensions that could have been planned for on top of trying to defend and NRL premiership. A feat which was last done by a team 20 years ago and they needed 95% of the Australian team to do it. I reckon people need to lay off Toovs back as I think he's doing a pretty decent job considering all the challenges he's faced.

I think its a ridiculous statement to be honest. T-Rexs form this year has been inconsistent due to injury and suspension. That being said his game against the Chooks a few weeks ago was arguably the most destructive of his career and Des wasn't coaching that day. That being said, Des might be able to get T-Rex to play some good footy, but I guarantee you it will be at the expense of Frank Pritchard. IMO both players are very similar types and they need the team to get them involved otherwise they'll stand out wide collecting cobwebs. With 2 of the same type of player in the same team trying to split the opportunites for both won't work and you'll have 2 backrowers who will be averaging 50m and 12 tackles per game. It won't work. They'll have to pick one and make him the go to guy and the other ones form will die in the dust.

I'm also at a loss to wonder why so many apparent Manly fans are so quick to stick the boots into arguably one of our greatest ever players, let alone our greatest captain. Not only is it his first year of coaching he's taken over a team after what can only be described as an off season from hell, continuing into the season with most of the big name players in the squad the subject of contractual negotiations, more injuries and suspensions that could have been planned for on top of trying to defend and NRL premiership. A feat which was last done by a team 20 years ago and they needed 95% of the Australian team to do it. I reckon people need to lay off Toovs back as I think he's doing a pretty decent job considering all the challenges he's faced.

his 10m in round 6 followed by 33m in round 7 last year tower over his performances this year.

Took him 13 rounds to crack 100m the only time in the first 21 rounds, this year he has done that every game bar 1 where he ran 94m.

Yes he came home well last year but this year when on the field he is far more involved and making more metres on average, the only coaching change is bench/starting and maybe over use.

maybe others arnt putting in the runs and he is taking too many hitups to carry them?

his 10m in round 6 followed by 33m in round 7 last year tower over his performances this year.

Took him 13 rounds to crack 100m the only time in the first 21 rounds, this year he has done that every game bar 1 where he ran 94m.

Yes he came home well last year but this year when on the field he is far more involved and making more metres on average, the only coaching change is bench/starting and maybe over use.

maybe others arnt putting in the runs and he is taking too many hitups to carry them?

He may not be there yet but Toovey will become the greatest coach ever.

I don't deny Hasler's coaching ability but I will never forgive him for hijacking our grand final celebrations.

I have been following rugby league and Manly for over 40 years. I have seen many rivalries during this time. Undoubtedly the longest running rivalry we have has been with the Eels due to some memorable encounters in the early 80s. In my opinion the Storm had become our modern day rival for obvious reasons. Whilst I still hate these teams with a passion my hate seems tame compared to how I now feel about the Bulldogs. Hasler is a part of of the Bulldogs now. Therefore it seems logical that I hate him too. That's my justification for how I feel about Hasler.

I must also add that, as Manly supporters, we should not need to justify our hatred of everything non-Manly. You're either with us, or..........

Remember - "Manly hates you too"

He may not be there yet but Toovey will become the greatest coach ever.

I don't deny Hasler's coaching ability but I will never forgive him for hijacking our grand final celebrations.

I have been following rugby league and Manly for over 40 years. I have seen many rivalries during this time. Undoubtedly the longest running rivalry we have has been with the Eels due to some memorable encounters in the early 80s. In my opinion the Storm had become our modern day rival for obvious reasons. Whilst I still hate these teams with a passion my hate seems tame compared to how I now feel about the Bulldogs. Hasler is a part of of the Bulldogs now. Therefore it seems logical that I hate him too. That's my justification for how I feel about Hasler.

I must also add that, as Manly supporters, we should not need to justify our hatred of everything non-Manly. You're either with us, or..........

Remember - "Manly hates you too"

Look - before we go scalping Toovey, his coaching methods or the way certain players perform, lets put it in perspective.
*Toovey took over a team in absolute carnage - a less than desirable situation.
*Players will always take time to adapt to a new coach, some of the systems this season I like better are unpredictability & creativity.
*Lets judge him at the end of the year- if we win in 2012 most writing him off will claim him as 1 of our of our best ever coaches.
*Hasler never had to deal with the s**t he left for Tooves & in fact, had quite a handy squad over these successful recent seasons.
*Dont speak for Seaeagle supporters as Hasler haters regarding his coaching ability, though not a master tactician imo is the best at having players attitudes switched on for 80 minutes & doing the 1% plays that others dont, its his poor ethics that create the anger - not his coaching.
T Rex is an enigma - a hot & cold player who is still carrying injury. Needs to be deeper & hit the ball with gusto & aggression - then look for support. You really dont think Tooves tells him this???
Maybe Hasler will get the best out of him in 2013 by throwing him on the wing again for 2 years - what a genius!!

Look - before we go scalping Toovey, his coaching methods or the way certain players perform, lets put it in perspective.
*Toovey took over a team in absolute carnage - a less than desirable situation.
*Players will always take time to adapt to a new coach, some of the systems this season I like better are unpredictability & creativity.
*Lets judge him at the end of the year- if we win in 2012 most writing him off will claim him as 1 of our of our best ever coaches.
*Hasler never had to deal with the s**t he left for Tooves & in fact, had quite a handy squad over these successful recent seasons.
*Dont speak for Seaeagle supporters as Hasler haters regarding his coaching ability, though not a master tactician imo is the best at having players attitudes switched on for 80 minutes & doing the 1% plays that others dont, its his poor ethics that create the anger - not his coaching.
T Rex is an enigma - a hot & cold player who is still carrying injury. Needs to be deeper & hit the ball with gusto & aggression - then look for support. You really dont think Tooves tells him this???
Maybe Hasler will get the best out of him in 2013 by throwing him on the wing again for 2 years - what a genius!!

For those saying toovey can't or won't get the best out of T-REX, I remember a game last year where toovs actually grabbed t rex's hand to position him on the field and point where he wanted him to run, all while being very animated, so I think it's safe to say toovey knows what he's doing!

For those saying toovey can't or won't get the best out of T-REX, I remember a game last year where toovs actually grabbed t rex's hand to position him on the field and point where he wanted him to run, all while being very animated, so I think it's safe to say toovey knows what he's doing!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8