Toovey "job for life"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
According to RLW today, Scott Penn had a meeting with Toovey recently and told him he has a lifetime job in football administration at the club, and that is the reason why Toovey hasn't been blowing up about Barrett coming

How accurate that is, who knows, but hadn't seen it mentioned on here as yet

Is that life time while the Penns own the club?

What happens when he sells the club to the chinese?

2V s getting forced from a job he wanted, so he is in no position to blow up about Barrett, Ceo recruiting his old mates or anything tangible in fact :cool:

He loves Manly so he may consider an admin role. But as its not the CEO position, what can he realistically do with a single ownership model ? @:rolleyes:

I don't see Toovey as the busted-ex-footy-player type that depends on his old club to keep him afloat.
He has obvious abilities as well as qualifications and experience in other areas. He's done OK in the media too.
I could see him taking a role in the club in future, but not just any role. Maybe one day he might fill the role Bozo has just been given.

I'm sure there would be plenty of job opportunities available to him but I hope he stays at the club. He not only loves the club but he loves the fans as well, combine those qualities with his business acumen and you have one hell of an administrator or future CEO.

Penns seem to have learned about how to manage the media a bit better...

The writing is on the wall for Tooves as coach, and I must say, I can see why. I love Tooves and he's a Manly legend, but I'm not convinced he's up to NRL coaching. However, I'd hope the club would at least offer to look after him some way, whether that's an admin job, Bozo getting him the Kangaroos gig, whatever. He may reject it, but I think the club should offer something. He may well turn out to be a great rep coach, plenty of coaches have succeeded at rep level but failed at club level and vice versa. Meninga had a terrible record as club coach, but a great one with Qld. I even think Sticky did ok at rep level, but I wouldn't want him coaching Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7