Toovey back in the coaching game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry im not pleased about this. Purely selfish reasons - this means i wont see him once a week on NRL 360. The guy is great on footy analysis/news shows.

Another thing. Coach of Bradford?? Why? They are not in the top UK Super League anymore, they're in the 2nd tier comp (and lucky to be there). Its basically like he is coaching the Burleigh Bears or Blacktown. He must really love coaching. But good luck to the legend
Did you read what graham lowe said? Toovey is a real rugby league man hope that answers it for you

Great to see. This could be one of those Hollywood movies where the coach has been knifed in the back by fat slimey admin staff.only to take up a position with some Neville's.
Then Tooves sets about his magic. Transforming them into a mighty, rip-roaring side that is feared by oppositions!
Tried their website, said nothing till January. @Dan S hasn't got enough to do.! Maybe some tips for them.
Definitely my second favorite team now.
Like The Damned United (set next door in Leeds), with Tooves as the RL equivalent of Brian Clough - but with a happier ending. Or Tooves 'Moneyballing' it, like Billy Beane.

Congrats to Toov's on his appointment
With Toov's and Lowe to be successful and lead Broadford back to the top
Maybe Toov's could still get a gig on 360 as there UK Corespondent

I just love that little bald fella.
One of the Manlyest men alive and with a giant heart.
Go Manly! Go Bradford!

Toovey was appointed coach of Bradford because because he is 'a football man and players' coach'.

Sounds like just the sort of coach manly could do with

Reformed UK rugby league club Bradford Bulls made the bold signing of new coach Geoff Toovey to revive the reformed club because he is 'a football man and players' coach'.

The 47-year-old was sacked by Manly at the end of 2015 despite taking the club to the finals in three seasons out of four.

Toovey replaces fellow Australian Rohan Smith and will have his work cut out for him at the newly relegated club who will start in the second division with a 12 point deduction.

However, new club owners, former Manly coach Graham Lowe and Andrew Chalmers believe Toovey is the man who can rebuild the club to its glory days.

"He won't be bringing loads of people from Australia," Lowe said. "He wants to work with people here and the community.

"I am so pleased we have reached terms with him. He is a football man and is a players' coach.

"He will make young players thrive. He is uncompromising and has always had the leadership skills required."

Despite a lack of experience in the English game, Toovey's signing is a major move for the club that was beset with financial issues.

The qualified accountant will work with Leon Pryce who confirmed who is the first player confirmed to play for the club in 2017.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...r-league-nrl-manly/1ulmk68cygbzm1471rwvrqow0k

Like The Damned United (set next door in Leeds), with Tooves as the RL equivalent of Brian Clough - but with a happier ending. Or Tooves 'Moneyballing' it, like Billy Beane.
It's Bradford right so if you want to compare it to a Leeds era, it will be O'Leary and the spend big, go OK, end up bankrupt period which sure it ****ed Leeds up but was damn entertaining - just google Viduka v Liverpool

Glad mr toovey has a new gig.. The bradford sea eagles... Must be where Manly men ply their trade after they get done at manly... Beaver, ox,lestrange,hall, now tooves, sure there were others too

It is sure to be a bit of a culture shock for Tooves moving from the Northern Beaches to Bradford. I just heard on the news that Bradford has been voted the worst place in the country to live.

looks stunning
bradford_2.jpg

I will miss seeing the little fellas angry face around Narrabeen. Last time I saw him he was driving behind me and I took a parking spot at Woollies he had his eyes on. When I got out I looked around and he was staring daggers at me.

I'm sure he'll enjoy the change of pace and serene lifestyle Bradford offers as opposed to the hectic pace of the Narrabeen and it's Woollies car park at 6pm on a Wednesday...

I will miss seeing the little fellas angry face around Narrabeen. Last time I saw him he was driving behind me and I took a parking spot at Woollies he had his eyes on. When I got out I looked around and he was staring daggers at me.

I'm sure he'll enjoy the change of pace and serene lifestyle Bradford offers as opposed to the hectic pace of the Narrabeen and it's Woollies car park at 6pm on a Wednesday...
And you didn't give him the spot??

WTF

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8