Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Geoff Toovey column: Now we’ve lost Kieran

OUR injury woes just seem to continue as we have now lost our five-eighth Kieran Foran for Sunday’s game with the Knights at Brookvale Oval.

He hurt his hamstring playing for New Zealand in last Sunday’s Test win over Australia.

There were always doubts about him when we got reports back after the game.

Our medical staff assessed him yesterday and we are resigned to being without him for several weeks.

Kieran’s absence again illustrates why this is the worst injury toll I have ever seen at Manly.

We haven’t been able to field the same 17 players two weeks in a row once this season.

JAMIE LOOKING GOOD (Nb: Tooves did you look at that pic? What's around his gut???)

THERE is better new regarding our captain Jamie Lyon.

He is looking pretty good after being sidelined with an ankle injury and I am pretty confident that Jamie will play on Sunday.

And he could obviously play at five-eighth. Another option would be Jack Littlejohn who is also back from injury.

And prop Josh Starling should be right to return from a knee injury this week.

We didn’t name Feleti Mateo in the squad we announced on Tuesday and he is still in some doubt and may return next week.

824497-fd3aa20e-f3b5-11e4-829e-2b4277556009.jpg

Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon at Brookvale Oval ahead of Sunday's game wiith Newcastle Knights. Picture: Troy Snook.

GREEN GREEN GRASS OF BROOKVALE

WE are obviously delighted to be back at Brookvale Oval this Sunday.

The ground clearly had some issues and Warringah Council worked very hard to get all that under control and full credit to them.

The surface is now looking like a bowling green. It is beautiful.

We hope a strong contingent of our fans come down to check it out on Sunday when we play traditional rivals Newcastle and cheer us on to a victory.

The Knights like to throw the ball from side to side and their centres Dane Gagai and Joseph Leilua will be dangers out wide.

So whoever plays 5/8 in the next few weeks is going to plug a big commitment hole in the Manly halves. As soon as the camera focused on Foran after last Sunday's test and showed him limping I knew that he wouldn't play this week, though I honestly hoped it was only a week and not the few its going to be.

At least we have 3 options (more if Tooves is prepared to play one of the U/20's). Killer, JLJ or Mateo as a late inclusion. Just a thought, how would Jayden Hodges go at pivot?

If Killer plays in the halves, who will cover his spot in the centres? Peta is already covering Skivy's one game holiday (he gets that for what he did and Grub Reynolds gets the same for trying to trip someone.....what a joke). Blair is out because of his back and with Tom T and Gutho on the injured list that sounds like it leaves.....Wiliame :eek:. If I were Tooves, this week I'd leave Killer in the centres and take a punt on JLJ or Mateo if he is fit.

So whoever plays 5/8 in the next few weeks is going to plug a big commitment hole in the Manly halves. As soon as the camera focused on Foran after last Sunday's test and showed him limping I knew that he wouldn't play this week, though I honestly hoped it was only a week and not the few its going to be.

At least we have 3 options (more if Tooves is prepared to play one of the U/20's). Killer, JLJ or Mateo as a late inclusion.

If Killer plays in the halves, who will cover his spot in the centres? Peta is already covering Skivy's one game holiday (he gets that for what he did and Grub Reynolds gets the same for trying to trip someone.....what a joke). Blair is out because of his back and with Tom T and Gutho on the injured list that sounds like it leaves.....Wiliame :eek:. If I were Tooves, this week I'd leave Killer in the centres and take a punt on JLJ or Mateo if he is fit.
Is Satini back? Are we that desperate? I reckon you're right - JLJ with DCE and leave Killer in the centres...

Not sure if Satini is back. TBH I have never seen the guy play so I can't really comment on how I think he'd go.

Personally, if I were Tooves I would go one of two ways with the team this week.

Option 1
Snake, Jorge, Killer, Peta, Wolfman, JLJ, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Burgess, Symonds, Horo, Lui. Res - Hodges, Sao, Mason, Leary.

Option 2
Snake, Jorge, Killer, Peta, Wolfman, Mateo, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Burgess, Symonds, Horo, Lui. Res - Hodges, Sao, Mason, Leary.

Option 3 would involve Wiliame in the team. There is no tick box next to Option 3.

I think at this desperate time I would pick a team of Nevills and let the 'stars' rest for another week or even two.

We are headed for no man's land anyway so let's rest everyone we can and make a play at the back-end of the season when everyone may finally be fit and over their injuries.

I'd sooner lose another game or even two, it's not like we can go any lower, and then get everyone back fit and well and then do our best to get into the eight.

I'm not seeing the big problem here.

Mateo if available other Little John,

Sounds like Toovey is going to run Starling, I'm not convinced he is required.

Option 2
Snake, Jorge, Killer, Peta, Wolfman, Mateo, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Burgess, Symonds, Horo, Lui. Res - Hodges, Sao, Mason, Leary.

I really like this make up here, if Buhrer, Matai, Gutherson or Trbojevic were available alter it immediately but not sure who goes to accommodate Starling.

The Brooky turf is looking healthy, I hope they don't leave Jaime out there grazing for too long.

Option 2

I really like this make up here, if Buhrer, Matai, Gutherson or Trbojevic were available alter it immediately but not sure who goes to accommodate Starling.
If JLJ plays and goes OK then I'd like to see Mateo in the pack as he's one of... correction the only forward that can offload.

Why not Hodges to Hooker and Ballin to 5/8 he could handle it and put Mateo in the engine room . Just a thought it's only a band aid and Ballin can pass and kick .

Don't be fooled it's a pretty grunty Knights team, I expect this game to be as tough as the Storm.
I think Melbourne somewhat underestimated us and the Knights won't make the same mistake.
I'll be a lot happier if Mateo is fit to play.

Don't be fooled it's a pretty grunty Knights team, I expect this game to be as tough as the Storm.
I think Melbourne somewhat underestimated us and the Knights won't make the same mistake.
I'll be a lot happier if Mateo is fit to play.
Yeah it would be good to have Mateo available. If he is then it's the Eagles by 10.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6