Tooves on NRL 360

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Somethings just aren't even worth responding too......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I can't believe that our fans are questioning the eloquence and intelligence of Toovey.
Tooves is a Chartered Accountant. Do you know how hard it is to attain that?
You got to have some brains and analytical skills to get one.
Tooves was also on the board of directors of the NRMA.

Do you know why he sound like he has trouble stringing words together?
Unlike others, he usually thinks before he speaks and he's very guarded.
Anybody with an ounce of a brain cell will know that you don't want to reveal all and tell all about what you do or plan to do to the whole world. This is because it can come back to bite you. Tooves knows that. He's been in the public eye long enough to know.

I don't think we deserve a man like him looking out for us.
Hopefully we are not all going to be ingrates and start appreciating all that he does for us. The predicament we're in, is NOT Toovey's fault. I like to blame somebody like most do, but in this case, it's hard to fault him.
Like Wayne said, "We're not worthy!" :speechless:

I don't think we deserve him either. :)

I'm a CA as well and it doesn't make you brilliant. You need to have brains for sure to get into Accounting at university but as @psau14 said its more being diligent. Yes it's a bit of a hard slog for a bit over a year but it's about discipline. Which I would say Toovey has in spades. As for requirements to keep it your CA it's largely self regulated and easy to keep up to date.

A
I can't believe that our fans are questioning the eloquence and intelligence of Toovey.
Tooves is a Chartered Accountant. Do you know how hard it is to attain that?
You got to have some brains and analytical skills to get one.
Tooves was also on the board of directors of the NRMA.

Do you know why he sound like he has trouble stringing words together?
Unlike others, he usually thinks before he speaks and he's very guarded.
Anybody with an ounce of a brain cell will know that you don't want to reveal all and tell all about what you do or plan to do to the whole world. This is because it can come back to bite you. Tooves knows that. He's been in the public eye long enough to know.

Hopefully we are not all going to be ingrates and start appreciating all that he does for us. The predicament we're in, is NOT Toovey's fault. I like to blame somebody like most do, but in this case, it's hard to fault him.

Agreed, although the Battler is also a qualified accountant and not considered by many to be too intelligent.
That said, I have always found Tooves comments to be inciteful, well considered and not agenda driven like other coaches. Whenever he has blown up delux, we have generally been dudded to another level, that most teams could not even imagine. How he remained cool after the 2013 GF remains a mystery (and a disappointment) to me.
The guy has done everything for this club, playing at a high level way beyond his weight, running the water as an assistant coach and jumping into the breach to coach the side when all looked lost. A local junior, for anyone, anywhere, to criticise what this bloke does for the club, must be a boofhead, tool, whatever derogatory name you wish to mention.

The thing about Toovey is, he epitomises Manly. He competed more than everyone else in the competition, who were twice as big as him, for about 13 years.
He got sent off by Bill Harrigan - aka wanker, for saying, 'This is one competition Bill', soon after the Super League war.
Any Gen Y's who don't understand what Toovey is to Manly need to watch him black-eyed and bloody lipped, holding up the trophy in '96. Watch him in the '97 loss to drugcastle.
As coach he took over this team after De$ left to chase dollars, leaving the players stunned.
For four years he has been under constant media scrutiny and also disrespect from within his own team.
This man, as our coach, deserves a premiership more than any of our current players, IMO.
Toovey has my greatest respect.

Disagree ... Tooves is great on this show. He has the ventriliquist dummy Kent rapt around his thumb. Ikin is more annoying than scrotum dermatitis .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8