Tooves on NRL 360

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is just too simplistic. There are a number of other factors involved apart from results

I think its exposure that we mean when we say results. The more we win the more fans pay attention (attend games, watch on tv) and the more we see the sponsors goods or services. The more exposure.

Results increase exposure. It's not the only way. Buying a great halfback for the coming season also does that, as getting a better coach, a better home ground, etc.

Souths are, rightly or wrong perceived to be the peoples team, the team of the working class, all of this makes me want to vomit, but it's reality.
What saved Souths in the long run was getting kicked out of the competition in 1999, if they weren't kicked out they would have just withered on the vine and died, they had no money, sponsors, decent playerss or supporters,instead with Piggin's push to reinstate them it galvanised supporters they never knew existed.
Now they have become the darlings of the NRL, channel Nine, and a whole host of sponsors who get favourable exposure, it's all about exposure.
Agreed. My point exactly. To stop all media obligations would be detrimental to our 'exposure' in the media.

Hi, not a troll for whoever said that.
Some excellent posts from many.
Certainly wasn't putting the great man down, just not sure it's his best medium. Let's face it, he's got a great head for radio!

I can't believe that our fans are questioning the eloquence and intelligence of Toovey.
Tooves is a Chartered Accountant. Do you know how hard it is to attain that?
You got to have some brains and analytical skills to get one.
Tooves was also on the board of directors of the NRMA.

Do you know why he sound like he has trouble stringing words together?
Unlike others, he usually thinks before he speaks and he's very guarded.
Anybody with an ounce of a brain cell will know that you don't want to reveal all and tell all about what you do or plan to do to the whole world. This is because it can come back to bite you. Tooves knows that. He's been in the public eye long enough to know.

I don't think we deserve a man like him looking out for us.
Hopefully we are not all going to be ingrates and start appreciating all that he does for us. The predicament we're in, is NOT Toovey's fault. I like to blame somebody like most do, but in this case, it's hard to fault him.
Like Wayne said, "We're not worthy!" :speechless:

Last edited:
I love having Tooves on NRL 360. Was sad to miss it this week 'cause we came to Melbourne early. My only tiny weeny little problem with Tooves that drives me absolutely nuts is he constantly says "as I said" when he hasn't said it. I know it's a nervous thing and I forgive him but sometimes I do screech just a little.

I can't believe that our fans are questioning the eloquence and intelligence of Toovey.
Tooves is a Chartered Account. Do you know how hard it is to attain that?

Do you know why he sound like he has trouble stringing words together?
Unlike others, he usually thinks before he speaks and he's very guarded.
Anybody with an ounce of a brain cell will know that you don't want to reveal all and tell all about what you do or plan to do to the whole world. This is because it can come back to bite you. Tooves knows that. He's been in the public eye long enough to know.

I don't think we deserve a man like him looking out for us.
Hopefully we are not all going to be ingrates and start appreciating all that he does for us. The predicament we're in, is NOT Toovey's fault. I like to blame somebody like most do, but in this case, it's hard to fault him.
Like Wayne said, "We're not worthy!" :speechless:

Well said. Totally agree.

I still hold a grudge against Adam MacDougall for that. Grubbiest of acts.

Come on Really? The poor guy did some serious time for that. Remember he had to miss a trial through suspension in the '98 preseason - or was it 2 trials? And despite it looking bad, you know, the way he got annoyed with Tooves holding his ankle and then looked directly at him until his studs were inserted in Tooves' face before looking away and pretending he didn't even realise anything happened, apart from that there is no evidence that it wasn't an accident as he claimed at the time.

Anyway, even if it was intentional I believe there is a rule somewhere that allows the tackled player to do whatever he wants to the tackler if he feels that he is holding on too long - just ask Cam Smith. Pretty sure Matty Ballin is across that one too now after Cam schooled him good.

Tooves is a Chartered Accountant. Do you know how hard it is to attain that?

A CA is relatively hard to get, but rarely requires any real analytical input. It is a series of open book examinations that test the ability to reference accounting standards & applications. Put the work in, i.e. attend workshops and do the sample CA questions provided to you, and you will generally pass.

2V worked part time for a 2nd or 3rd tier suburban accounting firm to do his CA. Nothing suggests he did more than the minimum required to meet his professional year hours.

The interesting thing though, seeing as you raised this, is that in order to maintain a CA you must complete a minimum set of hours as professional study. I wonder where he does that now?

Anyways, a CA is not a sign of intellect, but a sign of academic competency in my view. In past lives I have employed CA's, coming across the brilliant and the downright embarrassing.

Not sure were 2V would fit there, but I do know a CA will not make him a better coach.

I love having Tooves on NRL 360. Was sad to miss it this week 'cause we came to Melbourne early. My only tiny weeny little problem with Tooves that drives me absolutely nuts is he constantly says "as I said" when he hasn't said it. I know it's a nervous thing and I forgive him but sometimes I do screech just a little.
Yeah, I guess he doesn't like sounding like a broken record but he probably has said everything before, to someone.

He certainly has been through the wars but he has good presence on TV. I just wish he didn't lose his voice in the Lockyer way.

every press conference starts with "oh no", or " oh yes and no" too. I think he always uses "as I said" because the media constantly ask the same questions and he feels like a broken record.

To all the death riders give our coach a break FFS! Spending 1 hour a week at Fox Sports is hardly going to affect his ability to prepare our team for upcoming matches. Funny I didn't see too many criticisms on Silvertails last year when we were winning and Tooves was on Fox with Robinson.

To all the death riders give our coach a break FFS! Spending 1 hour a week at Fox Sports is hardly going to affect his ability to prepare our team for upcoming matches. Funny I didn't see too many criticisms on Silvertails last year when we were winning and Tooves was on Fox with Robinson.
Well said Mals!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7