Tooves is back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This type of club unity really galvanizes the playing group IMO. The players look like they are proud to be part of Manly and I hope they can maintain their intensity.

Now all we need is Choc back and the circle shall be complete ...
A photo of Choc delivering a Get Well bouquet at Chez's bedside would be awesome :p

#ManlyForever
giphy.gif

Whatever we may think of Zorba as a person, @BOZO is right. He's a Manly first grade premiership winner and nothing can take that away, not even Greenturd. And he did it, along with 13 others, in what is forever known as the roughest and toughest Grand Final in history.

Tommy Bishop's plan that day was to bash Manly into submission. But it didn't work and when it came down to it, football still won the day. Brilliant football from legends like Bozo, Wombat, Freddy Jones, Herman Hamilton, Lurch O'Neill, Branighan, Mayes and yes, Zorba.

And on Tooves, while it may not be an official Manly position being a URM ambassador.....the band is definitely getting back together.

Manly is Manly again.

Whatever we may think of Zorba as a person, @BOZO is right. He's a Manly first grade premiership winner and nothing can take that away, not even Greenturd. And he did it, along with 13 others, in what is forever known as the roughest and toughest Grand Final in history.

Tommy Bishop's plan that day was to bash Manly into submission. But it didn't work and when it came down to it, football still won the day. Brilliant football from legends like Bozo, Wombat, Freddy Jones, Herman Hamilton, Lurch O'Neill, Branighan, Mayes and yes, Zorba.

And on Tooves, while it may not be an official Manly position being a URM ambassador.....the band is definitely getting back together.

Manly is Manly again.

I don't recall anyone having a go at his playing years

I don't recall anyone having a go at his playing years

Zorba's playing years aren't in question, they never were. Its the things he has done or been a part of in the last few years that have turned a lot of Manly fans against him.

We all respect that he's a Manly premiership winner and that he has dedicated around 50 years of his life to this club. But that doesn't mean we have to like him as a person.

Zorba's playing years aren't in question, they never were. Its the things he has done or been a part of in the last few years that have turned a lot of Manly fans against him.

We all respect that he's a Manly premiership winner and that he has dedicated around 50 years of his life to this club. But that doesn't mean we have to like him as a person.

I have had dealing with Zorba when he was a media manager and I found him to be very professional and passionate .Never had an issue with him

The fact is , No one has or will ever please every body .

I'm happy Tooves is back in some capacity.

I know it's through a sponsor but hopefully all parties can just get into the "Manly forever" and "Manly together" spirit.

Would love to see the Eagles angels back in some capacity. :)

Tooves officially back at Manly
Geoff Toovey has taken the first step towards a return to the Sea Eagles nest by signing on as an ambassador with major sponsor URM.

The former coach and skipper will be the 'face' of a number of community initiatives backed by URM, and that will put him back in contact with coach Des Hasler and the players.

It's led to talk it could lead to a more hands-on role for Toovey, who has made no secret of his desire to return to the coaching ranks.

But with his former mentor Des Hasler firmly in charge and assistant coach John Cartwright going nowhere in a hurry, look for Toovey's name to be thrown forward as a replacement for CEO Lyall Gorman.

Gorman's role could soon be restructured, opening up a vacancy at head office.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...-clint-gutherson/14fq1mq34mpq411lugueo21w7v/2

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8