Tooves and Hookers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm still in western QLD chasing Yellow Belly & Redclaw, so am in and out of reception so when I saw this thread title I thought " holy **** Tooves has been sprung down at the Cross after an NRL 360 show ", pleased to see its not that !!

I think the two hooker system worked well with Ballin and Le Strange, why not try in again.

As it is the 17th man is hardly used, so why not???

I'm still in western QLD chasing Yellow Belly & Redclaw, so am in and out of reception so when I saw this thread title I thought " holy **** Tooves has been sprung down at the Cross after an NRL 360 show ", pleased to see its not that !!

I think the two hooker system worked well with Ballin and Le Strange, why not try in again.

As it is the 17th man is hardly used, so why not???

Where are you? Here's a couple of yellow belly and a saratoga from the Dawson River. The saratoga are MUCH bigger around Dululu. Great sporting fish to catch. Not really a great eating fish though..

yellow  belly 2.jpg

yellow belly.jpg

sarra.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair to tooves he did actually try it this year - so , rightly or wrongly, he must have his reasons for not revisiting it

I don't know guys - I just think Manly is a team that thrives on strategy & structure, even if that has to change dependent on who your opponent is.

That's why I think coaches like Hasler got the best out of us, and why our players sometimes look better in representative teams.

A lot of people have suggested Toovey is old school, and a lot of his coaching is about passion and effort (which of coarse you need an element of).

Hodges would / could tear apart tiring defenses. He reminds of that guy that plays for The Cowboys - and I think is under rated - name escapes me.
Do you mean Jake Granville? He is good.

The competition is far too close to base your coaching ad-lib and on the premise of passion. It's about 1%'ers, and knowing your opposition, and countering them.

Good size Saratoga.

Yeah, you get some big ones in the Dawson, but I've seen monster Saratoga in the Dee river. Big old catties in the Dawson too. You can get massive fillets off them. They go great on the open fire BBQ with a little garlic butter and chilli flakes. Cooking on an open fire, and throwing a little greener wood with the dry give them that nice smoky flavour to go with the spice.

M
Where are you? Here's a couple of yellow belly and a saratoga from the Dawson River. The saratoga are MUCH bigger around Dululu. Great sporting fish to catch. Not really a great eating fish though..

View attachment 1887

View attachment 1888

View attachment 1889
Nice

We have been on the Barcoo at Isisford, the Thomson at Longreach and now just at Julia Creek (nothing here although do have the pots in for Red Claw).

Nice fishing photos !!

M

Nice

We have been on the Barcoo at Isisford, the Thomson at Longreach and now just at Julia Creek (nothing here although do have the pots in for Red Claw).

Nice fishing photos !!

A nice spot for redclaw is the Callide Dam at Biloela. Are there any Blueclaw out west at the moment. We used to get a feed of them out of the dams on a property we were on as a kid, behind the Blackdown Tablelands. All we had to do was dangle a piece of meat (usually roo) on a string in the water for a while with one hand, in the other we'd have a piece of chicken wire cut into a circle about the size of a dinner plate with a long wire handle attached. You lay the wire on the bottom of the dam floor, just near the edge and gently jiggle the meat around on it using the string. When the yabbies would come to inspect the meat, we'd just flip them onto the bank with the "scoop", grab them and throw them in a bucket.

Have you tried river mussels? Lots of people don't like them because they say they are too "fishy", but if you purge them a couple of times (overnight ideally) in fresh clean water to get the muck out, then lay them on a grate over the fire until they open, break away the top shell then drizzle them with a sweet chilli sauce with a little keens curry powder mixed in, then when they start to bubble, sprinkle with garlic salt. Beautiful!

Yuk. Geez God, u are being very old testament there. Yeah like wot,'s a bit of harmless necrophilia between friends ?

He didn't say he has sex with them. Why would your mind jump straight to that scenario? Maybe he pimps them out to necrophiliacs. That doesn't mean he's sick, does it?

@:p :lipssealed: :sick:

I'd love to ask the the reason behind who's chosen for the bench and how the rotation is used. It's hard to believe that Toovey Penna and Johns haven't had this very same conversation.

Tooves not only has a one hooker theory but a one halfback, one 5/8, one left centre, one right centre, one left winger, one right winger ect ect theory!! He only wants his top paid, top 17 players on the field and has no plan to play anyone else! And if injuries occur he'll reluctantly bring in the next highest paid player whether he can play the injured players position or not and then shuffle the team around regardless of how many players are playing out of position, even if they're playing s*** he'll still select them! But hey at least he's selected all his top paid players that are available!!

And then finally against the Broncos he got every one of his top paid, top 17 on the field and they got their a***s handed to them!
What does this tell you Tooves? It tells you that your ignorance to make changes and blood the rookies is nailing your coffin shut and if you don't change your attitude and evolve your dinosaur coaching into 2015, you will find yourself replaced as coach sooner rather than later!!

So you would be playing Lawrence, JSL, Buhrer and Starling in NSW cup?

I think Bird Up should is Willo, he would go through the season unbeaten in NSW cup if Tooves stopped standing in his way

No he hasn't been busted in a "massage parlour" with his pants down.

He's on 360 and the convo was about Farrah in SOO. Tooves said Farrah should play the full 80 as he doesn't believe in changing hookers, he believes in "the one hooker system".

So you're stuck in ressies till Ballin is done Jayden.
This will be a long post lol. Read all 4 pages then added quoted sections lol. I saw that on 360 and thought about coming on here but thought it would just frustrate me. It emphasised just how out of touch he is. The part that pissed me off the most though was him not understanding that removing the breaks for scrums would slow the game down (speed of play the balls due to tired players) not speed it up. By making people tired the speedy players get more of a chance and there's less wrestle and plodding. Trouble is we aren't equipped for that kind of game. But then we was quick to have a shot at the refs and the amount of time wasted for video! make up your mind tooves because it doesn't sound like you have an intelligent opinion!

I can't afford a Sydney hooker. Qld hookers are much cheaper. They average out at around $5 a tooth.
So $10 for a hooker. Wow that rivals the prices in sths territory!

I think Tooves is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for the same result. Thats is the same thing that saw 3 finals series in a row including finishing equal first and a grand final that was almost won.
Surely the definition of insanity is changing a winning formula?
the definition of insanity anyone?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7