[Resurrected] Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks to have overcome his previous injury issues as well and every indication that T Rex could be a handy addition to the forward stocks for next season . Combined with also retaining Sipley and Jet Ski would also seem to boost the forward "s depth. Apparently adversely affected with injuries this season but can not see any real benefit in still having the likes of Kioa and Sam Smith in the top 30 next season when these three seem much better alternatives . Then there is still young Schuster to try to accommodate as soon as seems appropriate .

I keep hearing about young Schuster and Turbot etc etc They are great talents , especially Schuster,but they are barely 18 and have barely played a single game against 20 year olds let alone men.The comp they played in this year was predominantly 18s and I don’t think Schuster played at all after that due to injury. Turbot a few games maybe. Neither was exceptional in 18s origin.

There is no way they will be in top 30 next season. Maybe a development contract for sure but the idea they will play first grade next year is way off the mark, especially give Dessies conservative record in terms of taking risks with young players.

Last edited:
80 minutes on the weekend.18 hit ups for 135 metres and 51 post contact metres,only made 9 tackles but no misses I believe.Had the number 8 on his back but played in the second row I think.
Hard to miss when he takes 9 minutes between tackles :confused:

Another mystery is why is Perret always in the 21 but never gets to play :think:

Hard to miss when he takes 9 minutes between tackles :confused:

Another mystery is why is Perret always in the 21 but never gets to play :think:
When you are playing as an edge backrower it is hard to make more tackles unless they are running at you,I would not personally choose to run right at him....if he was playing in the middle then yeah,but I would rather him running with ball in hand.Perrett and Keppie are the only forwards who are members of the 30 man squad left who are not injured and if no one pulls out they do not play,don't think Des has the highest of opinions of Lloyd though.....

I was at the game on Sunday, Great game. I thought T-Rex played ok and did nothing wrong but certainly if we were looking for an impact player or x-factor player off the bench.....I think time may have beaten T-rex to the punch. The guy I was actually impressed with was Andy Saunders. Not a massive build for a forward but heavily involved and runs aggressively every time. Actually reminds me of Joe Gulavao and could be great off the bench for that impact.

Cade had a very good game, played well and defended really well. I think needs a bit more time to polish off that diamond. No doubt about this kids talent.....he makes the breaks and is always there or thereabouts…...just needs to work on better positioning his support(s) and that last-second pass or last second key decision. Time and a bit more experience will certainly fix that.

After watching a few games of a team who has had major changes stifling combinations and leading to a major under performing season based on the roster, I have seen 4 games and how I feel they went.
Docker Clay a leader, including above the NRL experienced halves (Blactown) and has all the attributes, but not sure if up to the weekly collision of Top grade, but confident could fill in if needed a few times.
Funa and Olakau'atu the standouts, who scream of potential and imo, will be in the Top 30 if not Top 17 in 2020.....T Rex will be in the 30 based on form and if he does not lose his desire over a long summer and at a bargain price, will be a good inclusion as depth.
Miski has had a taste and great depth out wide with Saunders a real goer who may lack silky skills, but will do the ugly work to give the playmakers a good platform - Massive heart.
Always wondered how Anderson would go if given a shot with some electrifying pace and evasive skills, but have noticed a few errors and can go missing for large patches of the game.
The smokey I would nominate is Sean Keppie - the backrower we got from the Eels...big, tough lad - who smashes them in defence and runs with vigour.....has first grade potential and could actially make quite an impact with and without the ball.
No need to mention Cust, Hogko, Elgey as all know the good and bad there.

As mentioned in the signings thread ... by double hoops

Manly have handed veteran back-rower Tony Williams a 2020 lifeline as he looks to continue his career revival under Des Hasler.

NRL.com understands that Williams has signed a bargain basement one-year deal with the Sea Eagles for next season worth around $100,000, and lined up for Manly's return to pre-season training last week.

This, of course, is the EXACT SAME ARTICLE as on the Manly website.

Great news
Size matters
I am a fan .

images.jpg

Yeah good for depth and given having no addin or Jake round 1 he could slot into interchange. That said our depth in back row is fairly strong. But can't buy experience win comps played rep footy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4