Tony Mestrov, new CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How will you improve communications between front office and footy staff and players?
We are finally under one roof at the centre of excellence. That is a massive advantage.
Des's Apparent refusal for the players to be based 100% at the COE was astonishing if true, This is a MASSIVE advantage in having the entire Club moving in the same direction and having healthy relationships.

Mostly just aligns with Penn’s views and seems a little delusional like him too
1. Dce in the “form of his life”
2. Needing manly, a “young side for the future”, to go in a new direction. So his immediate answer was to bring in a wooden spoon coach (occurring w/ a young squad) who has already been at the club during a stale period marked by genuine failure?
3. Saying top 8 is fine and hinting that premiership expectations are a few years away. But 2022’s general top 8 position was not good enough (even when considering certain factors) + a premiership was expected in 22 w/ essentially the same squad (at least by Penn).

Sure, saying they wanted to go in a different direction is fair enough to understand. But then again if Seibold genuinely did select Flanagan then the whole foundation of Penn/Menstrov’s view for a “new direction” was Seibold alone! I cant help but find the whole thing funny now

People will love that Menstrov is ripping and tearing. But for all we know he could just be a pushy idiot or a Penn puppet (ie. probably a quality the past 10million manly CEO’s didn’t have)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly just aligns with Penn’s views and seems a little delusional like him too
1. Dce in the “form of his life”
2. Needing manly, a “young side for the future”, to go in a new direction. So his immediate answer was to bring in a wooden spoon coach (occurring w/ a young squad) who has already been at the club during a stale period marked by genuine failure?
3. Saying top 8 is fine and hinting that premiership expectations are a few years away. But 2022’s general top 8 position was not good enough (even when considering certain factors) + a premiership was expected in 22 w/ essentially the same squad (at least by Penn).

Sure, saying they wanted to go in a different direction is fair enough to understand. But then again if Seibold genuinely did select Flanagan then the whole foundation of Penn/Menstrov’s view for a “new direction” was Seibold alone! I cant help but find the whole thing funny now

People will love that Menstrov is ripping and tearing. But for all we know he could just be a pushy idiot or a Penn puppet (ie. probably a quality the past 10million manly CEO’s didn’t have)
Menstrov…are we undergoing a Menstrovation process and is it cyclical?

I agree with what you’re saying though.

To me it all sounds like a giant fluff ball from Penn's Puppet
But I hope things do get better Agree with Many others that we need some hard nose forwards
Bateman would be a good catch

Don't really get the criticism of Mestrov.
I'm just happy we have a CEO, doesn't happen all the time at Manly.

It seems those that are critical of Mestrov must be Des or Fulton fans or are not supporters of the Penn’s,because he has done nothing other than to suggest he only has Manly at heart.Either that or those people have no idea because anyone that thought the direction the club has been heading in was conducive to long term success,have rocks in their head.Des is a legend of the club,but he was too narrow minded and has only ever looked at the short term.Mestrov may turn out to be a bust,but he can’t be criticised for what he has done thus far

Last edited:
To all those piling on about .... I honestly don't even know what .... but please tell me exactly what you expected him to say. What exactly? Help me out here.

I wanted him to say we need some hard nosed forwards .... it's not his job .. but it would have made the crowd think he is on top of things ... I also wanted him to guarantee the pies will be warmer next year as well ... plus he could have said we will be training the house down ... and for the life of me I don't know why he didn't mention his plan to fix our defence .... or what he is doing to fix Tom's injuries ... oh, and what sort of toilet tissues will be at Brookie this year ....

Change needed to happen. And it has.

I just wanted to find a reason to get behind the team again. Because the 2022 season was a gross disappointment. A team needs to either sell success or hope to its fans. Last season we had neither.

At least with the changes that have been made there is now hope.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4