Tony Carrol

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
NRL match review committee chairman Greg McCallum has urged players not to make on-field allegations if they're not ready to follow through with a formal complaint.

North Queensland utility Sione Faumuina declined to make a statement on Monday after initially appearing to complain of being eye-gouged by Brisbane lock Tonie Carroll during Friday's Queensland derby at Suncorp Stadium.

Carroll was cleared over the incident and McCallum confirmed Faumuina had declined to lodge a complaint.

"The player who allegedly said he was gouged on the field said today that he didn't want to carry on with it and he was offered the opportunity to put a letter in," McCallum told AAP.

"Without a victim, gouging's very hard to prove. You actually need the person there to say that he was gouged ... and he wasn't prepared to say he was gouged."

But the former whistle-blower said it would be better if players didn't make such claims in the heat of battle if they were not going to continue with them.

He did it. Plain for everybody to see. GRUB :0

I didnt see the replays too well, but a friend watching the game with me suggested there was a hint that Faumuina had bitten Carroll.

No doubt Carrol did it, I saw it happen live. The thing i wasnt happy with is the way that the ref reacted to it. The ref pretty much pressured Faumuina into not going on with the complaint. Hey im a big believer in wot happens on the field stays on the field, especially when its something as soft as wot carrol did but the way that the ref dealt wit it was a joke.

[quote author=Alco_m]
The thing i wasnt happy with is the way that the ref reacted to it.

He handled it like a young cop facing a new & stressfully unexpected situation.

[/quote]

he shot him???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4