Tonights game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have a Ryan sighting, must have been the 1st loss in a while :p

To answer another point, Galuvao was our 2nd front rower on the bench tonight, we didn't go in with 1

Ryan link said:
Garts - What, was Des thinking we may lose if he throws Buhrer in? See what I mean. Having a dead player on the bench achieves absolutely naught, but to tire your own squad on a heavy track.

This is up there with Andrew Walker at fullback until the season was over.

Nutz - nah man, he's just been great up until tonight - I was filthy, but a player can't be perfect. It's the serial lumps like T Williams that is frustrating me more.

I can see why Des did not throw him in, being a tight game he obviously thought having experiece is more beneficial.  I would have given him a run, but I would not have had him on the bench to start with anyway.    

40 nil link said:
Farah's is not a fullback period.

Giving our young players a run has worked so far. So why not bring in hoppa it's still early in the season which can give him time to get used to 1st grade

From the games I have seen, Hoppa is still nowhere near NRL ready

Farrar has had 1 poor game under the high ball, but we must remember he is a key part of our attack at the moment, unsure Hoppa has the skill to play that role yet

Kiwi Eagle link said:
To answer another point, Galuvao was our 2nd front rower on the bench tonight, we didn't go in with 1

Just because he's older, fatter and slower, it doesn't make him a front rower, that said he goes alright for a man thats found god.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

I've been on holidays for a month, and am back at work tomorrow for the 1st day in a long time, Manly lost, and Colorado Avalanche got knocked out of the play-offs...

I'm going to buy a rusty knife from St Vincents, and slit someone's throat in their sleep the way I'm feeling ;)

Farrah was carrying a arm injury near the end of the game, so look out for Robbo back to FB next week if he is out

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183171.msg260977#msg260977 date=1272280288]

I've been on holidays for a month, and am back at work tomorrow for the 1st day in a long time, Manly lost, and Colorado Avalanche got knocked out of the play-offs...

I'm going to buy a rusty knife from St Vincents, and slit someone's throat in their sleep the way I'm feeling ;)
[/quote]

Haha Good luck to ya mate, i was expecting to cop a spray from ya for that comment. **** time to return

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183171.msg260977#msg260977 date=1272280288]

Just because he's older, fatter and slower, it doesn't make him a front rower, that said he goes alright for a man thats found god.
[/quote]

No, the part that makes him a front rower is that he gets the pill, and carts it forward straight and hard, and makes his tackles in the middle of the park ;)

byso link said:
Both farah and robbo can't catch a cold, bring on hoppa.

Byso..Hoppa is very slight. He'll get hammered. Yeah, a brilliant player down the track...but he lacks muscle mass. Just too early imo.

Heck, I'd rather we give D Whare a go.

Plus, when is wolfman back?

I must have been watching a different game. Just what specifically did T Williams do wrong tonight? He was more quieter than he has been in previous weeks from what I saw but he didn't seem to get much ball as far as I could see either and the Titans were quick to get to him as soon as he got the ball which stopped him from getting any momentum up to barrel over the opposition players.

I think that we also missed Cross tonight as well.  What happened to him?  Why was he out? His attack and go forward was missed tonight in my opinion.

Were we tired from last week's game still? Did the game against the Cheaters take too much out of us or did we just go into the game thinking that we automatically had this one in the bag which brought us undone?

I don't think that the halves did anything wrong Byso and I doubt that Ox would have made any difference to the result.

With the amount of ball that we had we should have been up by 30 but you have to put the blame for not being there straight on the Titan's defence. Our attack was good but their defence was better when it was needed and how quick is their winger? I'm pretty sure that his first try at least should not have been awarded due to a hand on the ball and an obstruction to one of our players.

At the end of the game all we can do is look at the scoreboard. We lost this winnable game. There is nothing that we can do about it now but move on to next week's game against the Vermin.

Hoppa isnt ready for first grade yet,have any of you hoppa supporters seend him actually play in Toyota Cup? Ive seen a fair bit off him and he is not ready yet,stick with farrar,geez he has one average game and ppl seem to want blood,we will bounce back next week,des will address the problems of tongith and we will be fine.

eggson link said:
Yes Farrar had the ball punched out by Minichello that led to a try, but he should've attacked that ball in the first place.  I thought his confidence would be back after scoring but... Robbo also needs catching practise.

Des must take some blame for that, can't use 16 men against the Storm and the same the week after, especially when Matai's floundering with the shoulder again and the forwards looked tired.  I think he took this game for granted.  

BUT, i won't rip in because this now means we can go back under the radar.  A loss at home against a team without their playmakers and every other fan will be laughing at us... it's the only place to be.  Let them call us pretenders and whatnots, we're under the radar.

Still, very disappointing to lose after that first half, and to let another team beat us back... i think the team now has a stigma that will be pretty hard to shake.

Stuff the radar. Id much rather lead from the front & win every game concluding with the 2010 GF.

Farrar didn't have his best game tonight, but please........Hoppa ?!?! WTF. Farrar has been a key reason we have been winning more than we have lost this season. Tonight was just one of those games where we couldn't put them away, stupid errors, bull$hit ref blunders and arsey tries. Only playing with 16 players didn't help either. No need to go postal just yet, let's wait till we lose 3 or 4 on the trot.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Stuff the radar. Id much rather lead from the front & win every game concluding with the 2010 GF.

Don't get me wrong, so would i - I'd love to win it all and never lose, but i guess i'm trying to take positives out of the game.  That and i'm trying not to lose it and invariably take it out on the wife and mother in law by moping around the house with a big black cloud over my head  ;)

Sorry for the double post, but just watched the press conference afterwards - was Des on valium or something?  Good lord, he wasn't angry or anything!  It's like 'we were doing well for most of the game and then bugger me!  They won!'

Just never seen him so docile before.  But good on him, he doesn't need to say anything stupid and get the media on our tails again.  Just let them report the truth (hopefully) that we somehow lost a game we shouldn't and move on. 

Far out, that really weirded me out

Farrar had an off game, but he's still our best option at fullback.  I'm sure he will rectify these issues before the next game.  Robertson at fullback doesn't work, we need him on the wing

Souffs will bomb all day.  Sutton can bring rain.  The boys at the back must have a better mind set when the ball is in the air.  Attack it and drop it, is a better option to letting it bounce when defending.  Give Hoppa a go, I've seen him catch.     

I'm not convinced that young Hoppa is ready for NRL just yet, he is a standout talent at NYC level, but not physically dominant or streets ahead in that class. It's a big step up to NRL.

Anyway I suspect he'll be a good chance of getting a run in two weeks time against the Dragons, as we'll be down Matai, Foran and Lyon at least, for the Test and City/Country fixtures.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6