Tommy T

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lets get Jake and Tom T signed long term they can be the new stewart brothers of our next era!Cmon manly get it done secure these brothers.
Totally agree we should tie these 2 up long term before the wolves come circling. Especially with the new increase in salary caps.

Cue the uneducated responses about TomT not being picked in first grade.Firstly and it's a repetitive story each week,the team picked Tuesday is never the exact team that runs out on the weekend.Secondly,the kid is 18,still learning and there is no point burning him out now.Im one of his biggest fans but to be fair apart from the offload to Taufua,the 2 tries he scored against Brisbane were pretty straight forward.I suspect most people will say dump Hiku but he is a very underrated player in many Manly supporters eyes.He does like to come in off the wing in defence but I think that is caused by Lyon because Williams had the same habit.

Add me to the uneducated list.
So you missed the drift across field, the straighten and the offload to put Tafua away?
And the pace he showed after the one handed pickup for his second try?
Neither if those are straightforward efforts. Otherwise players from all teams would be doing this every week. And they're not.
And in his first try, he showed great awareness to get back on side behind Lyon, rather than hang around with his gob open.
Can you peel off a couple of examples of work that Hiku has done in the past (say) 5 games that approaches any of those efforts?
Also, no one is blaming him for coming off his wing and following Lyon in. That's how our defence appears to be structured. But maybe, just once, he could actually make a tackle when he does this.

TT is twice the player Hiku is already. Easy tries? I haven't seen too many seasoned first graders pick up a ball like that. X factor! Hiku would have been run down. The only reason you would play TT is Holden Cup is to qualify them for the finals...

Tommy has to be in the side, he is clearly ready and not picking him hurts our chances of making the finals imo.

Could be some doubt about Snake so you might get your wish.

Hiku to FB, Tom to wing.

Just heard this on ABC

Having Tommy in the side slightly increases our chances of beating the Vermin. He's the only one who can really match the pace of Johnston, Inglis and Gray.

Losing Snake decreases our chances even more. Don't get me wrong, Hiku is a good fullback, he's proven it. But making 150+ run metres from the back doesn't mean a whole lot when you don't know how to use support players.

Its no coincidence that when Tommy had played outside of Killer he's played a lot better and has scored tries. When he's played outside Hiku he rarely gets the ball because unfortunately Hiku doesn't use his outside support when or how he should. Hopefully he'll learn how to, but for now its foreign to his game.

Look, I can understand Tooves sticking with Peta Hiku, but in all seriousness its gotten to the point where Tommy simply has to be there. If that means someone such as Peta gets dropped then so be it.
I agree with the everyone else,there is just something special about TT,the way he scooped that ball up last Saturday night had class written all over it

Cue the uneducated responses about TomT not being picked in first grade.Firstly and it's a repetitive story each week,the team picked Tuesday is never the exact team that runs out on the weekend.Secondly,the kid is 18,still learning and there is no point burning him out now.Im one of his biggest fans but to be fair apart from the offload to Taufua,the 2 tries he scored against Brisbane were pretty straight forward.I suspect most people will say dump Hiku but he is a very underrated player in many Manly supporters eyes.He does like to come in off the wing in defence but I think that is caused by Lyon because Williams had the same habit.
I keep hearing this burning him out stuff...he is 18, he is least likely to burn out. It's not like he is playing extra games by playing first grade. If he is good enough then he is ready, and Tom is ready. Sure he has things to learn but dropping him back and forth between grades isn't the way IMO. I'd be playing him.

I can't agree with leaving out Tommy T.

If we need a centre or a fullback yeah, I'd go Hiku. In my honest opinion, Tommy just kills Hiku in the wing position.

Put him in the bloody team!!! Even on the bench. Im sure tom t could cover the entire backline and we always get a backline injury. Its so simple tooves. Why are you so dumb?

I think The reason why Tom T cant play has to do with the second tier salary cap and because we have had so many injuries we have used it all and he can only play if we lose a player to injury like we did last week with matai and when hiku was out was injured

TT start on the wing and Peta on the bench with hasson making way for him

If we dominate possession and kick well again a 3 man forward rotation will be enough

We need to cover the backs if injuries are sketchy with snake and foz

God I hope skivvy continues his record over the years against these Prix and lines a couple up and barrels them again

Tommy has been named on the wing (outside of Killer) in RLW's team of the week for Round 21.

Still can't crack a regular first grade spot..........

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/rlw-team-week-21-2/5/

I loves Tooves as much as anyone and am majorly pissed that he's been sacked by the club. But facts are facts. Other than experience, Tommy offers more than Peta Hiku on the wing. Both are safe under the high ball. Both can score tries and have ball skills (though I'd argue that Tommy has more ball playing skill than Peta). Both can tackle.....but Turbo Tommy is fast, Peta isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Peta Hiku. But he's a centre or fullback, not a winger.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6