Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
at this very moment, the turbo is cooked. the bill knowles intervention is all well and good but Toms's whole running action is so far removed from a flowing instinctive tom from 2021 that has a different player. sure his numbers are still good but his numbers should be 3 x better.

At some point, he needs to just play football.
Injuries weren’t an issue in 2021 from round 4. He looks mentally shot with his running. The running style looks terrible and unnatural. My worry is that it’s actually having an impact on the team. I mean if we can all see it. So can his team mates right?

He ran 278 metres (60 PCM). 2 try assists. 4 tackle breaks. 3 line break assists.
Pretty bloody good game I think.
We were lucky to witness his 2021 season.
Imagine if he could actually stretch out and get into full stride. I do agree 2021 was something they may never be repeated, however it’s clear to blind Freddy he’s playing within himself.

L
Turbo is not the player he was, I don't know what the go is but he's become very ordinary imo

Yep he is back to a very average fullback. I'd rather the 8 blindingly outstanding games than 24 games of this. We are seriously fuked if he doesn't come good.

Turbo - 4/10 he looks terrible and in slow motion half the time, not the player he was at the moment

His running like a clapped out Turbo at the moment.

Tom very ordinary, very average, terrible......see this is why I struggle with this place at times.

Tom is coming back from a significant injury after a run of significant injuries. Mentally that has got to be tough but despite that in 4 games he has had 3 tries, 4 try assists, 20 tackle busts, 3 line breaks, 7 line break assists and averaged approx 170 metres a game.

Is he at full flight? No, but he will improve the more games he plays and the more the confidence he gets.

But instead of celebrating having him back and getting behind him as he builds into the season we take the opportunity to call him very average, very ordinary and terrible.

Phrasing more apt for a contingent of our fans I believe!

L

Tom very ordinary, very average, terrible......see this is why I struggle with this place at times.

Tom is coming back from a significant injury after a run of significant injuries. Mentally that has got to be tough but despite that in 4 games he has had 3 tries, 4 try assists, 20 tackle busts, 3 line breaks, 7 line break assists and averaged approx 170 metres a game.

Is he at full flight? No, but he will improve the more games he plays and the more the confidence he gets.

But instead of celebrating having him back and getting behind him as he builds into the season we take the opportunity to call him very average, very ordinary and terrible.

Agree.There’s some people on here that would struggle to spell their name,let alone have any idea what’s going on behind the scenes at the club or how TomT is approaching his return to the game.

L

I actually think he is building nicely into the season. Posters can get pretty emotional on here especially after a game like we just watched.
Even if this is about the level he stays at for the rest of the year (and I don't think it will be), I wouldn't want to switch him for any other fullback in the comp.

When Turbo returned from hamstring injury in Rd 6, 2021, he hit the ground running with immediate man of the match performances. However, when he returned from injury (knee?) in 2022, his early form was solid without being brilliant. I thought he was just starting to reach his best in Rd 11 v. Eels, but he injured his shoulder in that game & was out for the rest of the season.

I agree - it will take a while for Turbo to return to his best this season. In the meantime, he continues to be one of our best players each week.

Last edited:
Although I do have a few criticisms of the way in which Tom has been used by both Hasler and Seibold (up to this point), there are definitely other areas I would be pointing fingers before Turbo's name even came into consideration.

I am going to hold my tongue but there are a few that need to take a look in the mirror after today's performances.

As a group, we just didn't look interested. Our line speed was non existent, no urgency or regard for the pill, and we allowed Newcastle to out enthuse us. It was almost as if they thought they could pull the rabbit out of the hat when needed which just wasn't the case.

Last edited:
His stats are good but it definitely feels like he's protecting himself. I don't think I've seen him run at full pace, jump at full stretch, or bust a gut on the line in attempting to save a try. I think the same might be said for Latrell.

Is Knowles all about avoidance?

I must admit watching Latrell since he came back, he also does not seem to be his explosive old self.

Coincidence?

I must admit watching Latrell since he came back, he also does not seem to be his explosive old self.

Coincidence?

I agree with other comments made. These players are naturally going to play conservatively for a time to get their confidence back. Break down again and they're out of the game for lengthy periods. They're not machines. Takes time to figuratively find their feet again. Its like Saab. I expect it will take half a season before he gets back his speed. Expecting immediate return to best performance is unrealistic.

I'm giving Tommy the benefit of the doubt on this one, have noticed he does at least one full throttle charge in games, perhaps it's going to be a gradual build up to full on Turbo charged runs. Let's give Tom a few more games yet, I think Toms best as regards to his running style isn't that far away.

I agree with other comments made. These players are naturally going to play conservatively for a time to get their confidence back. Break down again and they're out of the game for lengthy periods. They're not machines. Takes time to figuratively find their feet again. Its like Saab. I expect it will take half a season before he gets back his speed. Expecting immediate return to best performance is unrealistic.

Latrell did his treatment 10 months ago.

How long do you expect it to take before they get back to their old self?

If we take Latrell as an example, Tommy will not be right until after the season is finished.

Latrell did his treatment 10 months ago.

How long do you expect it to take before they get back to their old self?

If we take Latrell as an example, Tommy will not be right until after the season is finished.

Certainly Latrell's performance this season have not been to his best standard, though I think you'll find at the back end of last year he was impressive. He's still performing well, just going through a slump. I don't think its the old injury causing the problem. More like motivation, which his coach is also suggesting

Latrell knows that you don't peak in Round 5 if you want to get through a whole footy season uninjured.

Seemingly Tommy has learnt the same lesson.

Agree.There’s some people on here that would struggle to spell their name,let alone have any idea what’s going on behind the scenes at the club or how TomT is approaching his return to the game.
Tell me who they are smart arse, it was my opinion this forum was here for all of us Sea Eagle supporters to express our views, who the Fvck are you to throw insults?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6