Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see the kid looking confident within himself.
I think he can play injury free if he adopts whatever he has learned and stops playing like a kamikaze all the time…

So , anyone reckon Tom will be fixed ??
I don't think anyone can "fix" bad luck and freak injuries. Rugby league is a tough game, and injuries can hit anyone at any time. I hope Tommy is on the right path to minimising the chances of recurring injury to his hammies and we never see him on the injury list again, but if he does end up on the sidelines again, I'm not sure we can say, "I thought he was fixed!"

I don't think anyone can "fix" bad luck and freak injuries. Rugby league is a tough game, and injuries can hit anyone at any time. I hope Tommy is on the right path to minimising the chances of recurring injury to his hammies and we never see him on the injury list again, but if he does end up on the sidelines again, I'm not sure we can say, "I thought he was fixed!"
Sorry I was more referring to his recurring issue , not new injuries ( which can happen to any player ).

Other unavoidable issue unfortunately and which is vitally important to take a change for the better is not just Turbo being unavailable for a good portion of his career and affecting Manly 's on field success but the chunk he is obviously taking out of the cap as well . Double whammy and is quite a bit riding on a better outcome this time with recovery . Would have to think that there should be some long lasting benefits with his recent endevour , again surprised that he seemed to have no serious injury issues in his junior days and initial i st grade appearances . Also obviously bad luck can kick in to and surely must be due for a change there apart from this very hopefully specialized rehab in the states to get the right results .

Re the debate about who is the best ever Manly fullback, I think maybe the focus needs to be on who is the better player, rather than who has the better career.

Wombat, Snake & Turbo are all great players, but there is huge difference in quality of respective team mates. Four premierships in seven years stamps the seventies as Manly's most dominant era ever and two premierships in four years (four GFs in seven years) 2007-2013 marks those years as our second most dominant era. Most of Manly's greatest ever players were in those teams.

From 2017 onwards, Turbo is probably the only player that can be spoken of the same sentence as the elite players from those eras (excluding DCE & Foran). One can surmise that if he was the fullback in either of those two dominant eras, he would have been a premiership winning fullback.

As far as rep honours go, Turbo (when fit) is an automatic selection for NSW or Australia. In fact, in this age of many exceptional fullbacks, his versatility gives him an advantage for rep selection.

Turbo has had many injuries from 2018-2022 when he was 21-26. In comparison, both Wombat & Snake were possibly at the peak of their powers in that age range. If Turbo can remain injury free for the next 4-5 years, this would be the foundation for having a truly equitable discussion of who is the best ever Manly fullback (IMO).
Think we need to conduct a poll on this.....Who is the better fullback, I predict a very close vote.

Agree, Eadie is unsurpassed.

Along with Snake's coaching of Turbo (which is evident in some of his traits) and yes anything's possible.
For me it's impossible to say one player was the greatest across multiple era's.

I'm sure wombat was amazing but just because he won X premierships can only attest to his status in his era.

As any player in any team I'm sure he didn't win those competitions by himself. His team went a long way to his success. The era he played in went a long way in his success.

I loved snake but don't forget he played a large part of his career in A goat side just as Eadie did.

Tom is yet to play in one of those sides. Drop him into the 2007 - 2013 side and its fair to say he wins some comps.

Put Eddie into a Trent barrett many side and I sure he ls a busted arse as well.

Who's the greatest player in the history of Rugby league? Bozo? Langlands? Cam Smith ( hahahahaha). Stats will only tell you so much. The players around at the time and the side they played in tells you a lot more.

Actually while there is quite a bit of attention on Wombat , Snake and Turbo , Manly over many decades now has been fortunate to have had numerous other top line full backs , Rowdy Shearer was right up there of course in his stints back there , Matty Ridge very effective also without doubt , Daryll Williams , very classy at his best . Tony Melrose was no slouch . Brendon Reeves did well , even briefly with Andew Walker . Maybe a couple of others as well but some other formidable guys apart from the big three .

Actually while there is quite a bit of attention on Wombat , Snake and Turbo , Manly over many decades now has been fortunate to have had numerous other top line full backs , Rowdy Shearer was right up there of course in his stints back there , Matty Ridge very effective also without doubt , Daryll Williams , very classy at his best . Tony Melrose was no slouch . Brendon Reeves did well , even briefly with Andew Walker . Maybe a couple of others as well but some other formidable guys apart from the big three .
Just mentioning Brendon Reeves Al, My son met Brendon once and commented to him on that goal he kicked from the sideline to win us a game, can't recall what game it was. But he was so happy and surprised that some random Manly fan recognized him out of a crowded pub.

Can't compare Turbo to Eadie or Snake yet his career is not done. If he can stay relatively injury free for a few seasons anything is possible.

Just mentioning Brendon Reeves Al, My son met Brendon once and commented to him on that goal he kicked from the sideline to win us a game, can't recall what game it was. But he was so happy and surprised that some random Manly fan recognized him out of a crowded pub.
That was to tie a game V Broncos at Brookie - a star studded Brisbane team in late 90s. We came back from big halftime deficit

Eadie: 4 premierships in 8 years, Australia, NSW. Legend status. 1978 GF replay - the perfect game.
Snake: one of the best ever - it's a shame that injuries stopped him from achieving more. Still 2 premierships, though. Freakish athlete.
Turbo: sky's the limit, hopefully the best is yet to come. A lot to look forward to.
Yep - agree. Turbo if he can keep on the park could be the best player the game has ever seen. Can you imagine how good he'd be playing behind a dominant pack getting good service. But alas he's at Manly..... Forwards softer than a block or lurpak left outside on a 40C day.

There was also Jorgen "Yogi" Rogers, who came over from NZ played one game and never seen in first grade again

Terry Hill brushes past Tony Carrol for a length of the field try in the corner. Will never forget it as I was on the Hill that Sunday afternoon.
What a moment at Brookie
I listened to the game on car radio whilst driving from Cape Tribulation to Cairns under great duress (stone bruised left foot - used the right foot for all three pedals).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2