Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Zorba's entitled to his opinion and if the media want to give him an outlet to express that opinion then so be it. I find myself disagreeing a lot lately with the things he says. I tend to think the game is leaving him behind a bit, but that's just my opinion. And Seibold is also entitled to make the commentary he did about Zorba's comments. He was asked the question and he answered. If Zorba is upset by his answer then bad luck. Don't put it out there in the first place if you're not prepared to accept the reactions - good and bad.

Peters is right about Turbo should retire if he keeps breaking down but we aren't there yet.

He is about 30 years past his use by date but can't help himself with back stabbing everybody, he is the sort of bloke that bags everyone out besides the person he is talking too.

He will be the first in line to say see I told you he should retire if he is injured again.
Gets through the season and Manly play in the finals he will be saying it was my idea to send him to the USA, look what a great idea it was.

Paul Crawley
10 min read
February 1, 2023 - 10:16AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Manly legend Peter Peters has fired back at criticism from new coach Anthony Seibold, declaring he won’t be silenced by a coach on “P plates” over his comments about Tom Trbojevic.

It comes after Seibold belittled the views of the former premiership winning Manly player, saying what Peters said about Trbojevic was not “an educated comment”.
The fact is the now 77-year-old not only played at the top level but has also worked as a journalist for over 50 years, earning tremendous respect for his honesty and insight.
And he certainly wasn’t backing away from what he said about Turbo recently because he said he only ever had the club’s best interests at heart.
“I have had that many calls from people saying what you said is what everyone is thinking but haven’t said it,” Peters responded.
“What I did say is that if it continues (the run of injuries) he may have to go into early retirement.

“I never said ‘release’.

“Mate, that is just a pure business view that I took.

“I mean, Tommy got $300,000 a game last year.

“You’ve got to be accountable for that.

“He is worth every penny when he is playing.

“But I have said before, you can’t have a Lamborghini in the garage that is not mechanically sound and you can’t drive it.

“I don’t take a backward step on any of that.

“It is where he was before he went (to the US for treatment on his troublesome hamstrings).

“I hope he is well. The game needs him. Manly definitely need him. He is a wonderful player. But not everything has a fairy tale ending.”

And Peters was particularly fired up about Seibold labelling his views not an “educated comment”.
“I joined Manly in 1969 and I was a journalist at the time and Ken Irvine and myself were the only two fully fledged journalists that were actually playing the game,” Peters said.

“And not once since then with a multitude of premiership coaches and a multitude of CEO’s and the greatest administrator the game has ever seen in Ken Arthurson have I once been told that I can’t or I should refrain from giving my view.

“I was always a journalist first, footballer second.

“I love Manly with all my heart. Next to my own family it is my greatest love.

“I want to see Tommy do well.

“But I am not that stupid to think that he can keep going down the path he has been going down.

“Those are the sort of things that I have said that I stand by.

“And if Anthony wants to pick up the phone he will get somebody that wants to support him.

“But if he wants to lock horns, well, I won’t walk away. It is as simple as that.”

But Seibold was totally dismissive of Peters’ comments this week when he spoke to the media.

“It came from a former player of our club and it was disappointing to hear that in the public domain,” Seibold said.

Media-link

“He is an important player to our club and where we want to get to. It’s easy to make a comment like that, and I don’t think it was an educated comment.”

Peters added: “I am not beating my own drum, but I am saying I won’t harnessed.

“That is probably why at 77 they still want me to go on.
You have known me a long time. I am not going to step down.

“In all reality, he has still got his P plates on.

“Like, I was critical of my own mate Des Hasler last year.

“But Des never rang and said, ‘Oh, mate, ease off’.

“But I hope I was constructive. And the things I pointed out were fitness, dying in the end of games, giving up three tries in five minutes. I mean, it is there for everyone to see.

“If I don’t call it then I am not doing what I should be doing. And they made changes (at Manly when replacing Hasler with Seibold).

“And suggesting Tom goes to centre, plenty of good judges have suggested that. ‘Oh we wouldn’t contemplate that’. Well, why? I mean it is common sense.

“The last thing I would be doing is putting him under Matt Burton’s bombs in the first game. Why subject him to that in the first game?

“I don’t know. It is going to be interesting. I look forward to the season. I will be cheering them. But if they don’t do well I will be saying why I think they are not. “
That didn’t take long.

Peters has said it as it is

anyone denying the truth of the matter is living in denial
He's still missing the point Bozo - he can say what he likes and may or may not be right but it was the timing of the comments that were self indulgent BS. Tom was clearly already feeling cr^p about the situation, he was just flying out and trying to be positive about the trip and work ahead of him and Peters decides to blurt out stuff about what a liability he is. It was, at best, poor form.

Last edited:
That didn’t take long.
The guy is a complete 'flog'!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Peter's is just one.

From a business perspective, he may have a somewhat valid point, however, as he constantly points out, 'I am journalist', which basically means he knows 'Jack ****' about how to run a business.

I haven't heard anyone talk about Latrell at Souths and how much he cost them per game, or for that matter, I can't remember 'boo' from Peters about Snake and his injuries.

There's no doubt Peters is passionate about Manly, particularly with his family relationship, however, most of what he says these days is just trying to get a headline, and I'd just ignore it.

He was closely linked with the Stewart family, especially it seems after Brett’s 2009 off-field drama.

Perhaps he felt guilty over his own actions/oversights, leading up to the 2009 Manly Wharf season launch, and its unfortunate (and avoidable) aftermath.

He's still missing the point Bozo - he can say what he likes and may or may not be right but it was the timing of the comments that were self indulgent BS. Tom was clearly already feeling cr^p about the situation, he was just flying out and trying to be positive about the trip and work ahead of him and Peters decides to blurt out stuff about what a liability he is. Is was, at best, poor form.
I did not perceive it that way feathered friend that Peters thought Tommy was a liability

I am sure Tommy Is Tough enough to have self believe above outside distractions

I did not perceive it that way feathered friend that Peters thought Tommy was a liability

I am sure Tommy Is Tough enough to have self believe above outside distractions
I'm sure he has self belief (in his ability) but we know his injuries have had an impact on him coz he has said as much. So whilst Peter's didn't use the word liability, if he's already feeling as if his injuries and hence time off the park, are letting the team down, the situation simply didn't need to amplified at that time. But anyway ..... let's hope he can stay fit and blow all the chatter away.

It's not about what he thinks and says, he is entitled to his opinion. It's who he said it to and why, that irks me.

As a seasoned journalist he knew exactly what he was doing and what the fallout would be. He was stirring **** in a desperate attempt to stay relevant at the expense of the club he claims to love.

Sadly it's a reflection of his industry these days. Why bother writing something insightful or thought provoking when just saying something controversial or inflammatory gets you more attention.

Just because PP played the game at the highest level it doesn't mean he has any idea about anything. It's up to the individual to decide if he has a valid point.

He's about as relevant in 2023 as a flat earther waiting at a covid vaccination centre about to get a microchiped bill gates style.

We all know the above is all bull**** just as 99% of what PP is also. Another old geezer with an agenda better suited to 1980.

Seibs just needed to brush any questions about Zorba comments. Yes a lot of us have said similar about Turbo and his value due to injury. It wasn't the time to blurt it out now but if you don't give it oxygen it'll soon burn out. Try to ignore the white noise Seibs.

Zorba is paid to create noise with his his comments/views. He should pay Tom's medical bills for keeping him relevant.

Peters has said it as it is

anyone denying the truth of the matter is living in denial
Its not what he said it's the fact that HE said it in the public forum and it was unnecessary. What about how it might affect the player personally? IMO journos don't seem to care about collateral damage. IMO a comment like this from an old former player displays a real lack of loyalty to the club and the current players and IMO is very poor form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8