Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Actually while there is quite a bit of attention on Wombat , Snake and Turbo , Manly over many decades now has been fortunate to have had numerous other top line full backs , Rowdy Shearer was right up there of course in his stints back there , Matty Ridge very effective also without doubt , Daryll Williams , very classy at his best . Tony Melrose was no slouch . Brendon Reeves did well , even briefly with Andew Walker . Maybe a couple of others as well but some other formidable guys apart from the big three .
You left out two who really should be mentioned - Bob Batty and before him, Ron Willey.

Terry Hill brushes past Tony Carrol for a length of the field try in the corner. Will never forget it as I was on the Hill that Sunday afternoon.
What a moment at Brookie
Thought that he pushed off Gordie Talis as well . Great try and a catalyst for the great comeback . Still had a chance to pull of a remarkable win at the end there but just fell short of course . One of the more exciting Manly finishes that i can recall

Seibold has commented on Zorba's recent statements about Turbo

"It came from a former player of our club, so that was disappointing to hear in the public domain," Seibold said.

"I can't control the commentary from outside the building. The one thing I do know is (Trbojevic) is an important player to our club and where we want to go.

"I think it's easy to make comments like that, but I don't think it was an educated comment."

Seibold has commented on Zorba's recent statements about Turbo

"It came from a former player of our club, so that was disappointing to hear in the public domain," Seibold said.

"I can't control the commentary from outside the building. The one thing I do know is (Trbojevic) is an important player to our club and where we want to go.

"I think it's easy to make comments like that, but I don't think it was an educated comment."

After that Guess old Zorba along with Buzz and Bulldog will be lining up to take cheap shots at Seibs in 2023

I thought Seibs spoke well to being questioned about Zorba's comments. He gave a good response and didn't pussyfoot around or avoid the question.

As to Tom in the press conference, he seemed to me to be more relaxed and animated and that the confidence-building trip had refreshed him. Not sure what others thought but I was impressed with how he came across, compared to his previous pressers.

After that Guess old Zorba along with Buzz and Bulldog will be lining up to take cheap shots at Seibs in 2023
As long as Seibs gets our Manly team up
Then no one can bring him down
No one can bring down a Winner
We all want Seibs and Manly to be Winners

I can see where Zorba was coming from with Toms repetitive injury
It is a business sense to evaluate a million dollar contract if it continues to return and average of 10 games a year

I believe Tom will come Good . I have faith and hope that he will

mountains-landscape-1149468_1920.jpg

I thought Seibs spoke well to being questioned about Zorba's comments. He gave a good response and didn't pussyfoot around or avoid the question.

As to Tom in the press conference, he seemed to me to be more relaxed and animated and that the confidence-building trip had refreshed him. Not sure what others thought but I was impressed with how he came across, compared to his previous pressers.
Agree, the players would of noted Seib's comments, and it just reinforces in the players minds that the coach has your backs.

I agree on Tom. He seemed far more confident speaking than I've seen him for ages! Hopefully that is a good indication for the season ahead.

I saw Seibold rubbishing Peters last night, not by name of course. But no doubt ‘the world’s largest white ant’ will now be gunning for Seibold at every opportunity.

Which will be interesting, given Anthony was always nephew Scott’s preferred replacement for Des.

Pass the popcorn.

I saw Seibold rubbishing Peters last night, not by name of course. But no doubt ‘the world’s largest white ant’ will now be gunning for Seibold at every opportunity.

Which will be interesting, given Anthony was always nephew Scott’s preferred replacement for Des.

Pass the popcorn.
Paul Crawley
10 min read
February 1, 2023 - 10:16AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Manly legend Peter Peters has fired back at criticism from new coach Anthony Seibold, declaring he won’t be silenced by a coach on “P plates” over his comments about Tom Trbojevic.

It comes after Seibold belittled the views of the former premiership winning Manly player, saying what Peters said about Trbojevic was not “an educated comment”.
The fact is the now 77-year-old not only played at the top level but has also worked as a journalist for over 50 years, earning tremendous respect for his honesty and insight.
And he certainly wasn’t backing away from what he said about Turbo recently because he said he only ever had the club’s best interests at heart.
“I have had that many calls from people saying what you said is what everyone is thinking but haven’t said it,” Peters responded.
“What I did say is that if it continues (the run of injuries) he may have to go into early retirement.

“I never said ‘release’.

“Mate, that is just a pure business view that I took.

“I mean, Tommy got $300,000 a game last year.

“You’ve got to be accountable for that.

“He is worth every penny when he is playing.

“But I have said before, you can’t have a Lamborghini in the garage that is not mechanically sound and you can’t drive it.

“I don’t take a backward step on any of that.

“It is where he was before he went (to the US for treatment on his troublesome hamstrings).

“I hope he is well. The game needs him. Manly definitely need him. He is a wonderful player. But not everything has a fairy tale ending.”

And Peters was particularly fired up about Seibold labelling his views not an “educated comment”.
“I joined Manly in 1969 and I was a journalist at the time and Ken Irvine and myself were the only two fully fledged journalists that were actually playing the game,” Peters said.

“And not once since then with a multitude of premiership coaches and a multitude of CEO’s and the greatest administrator the game has ever seen in Ken Arthurson have I once been told that I can’t or I should refrain from giving my view.

“I was always a journalist first, footballer second.

“I love Manly with all my heart. Next to my own family it is my greatest love.

“I want to see Tommy do well.

“But I am not that stupid to think that he can keep going down the path he has been going down.

“Those are the sort of things that I have said that I stand by.

“And if Anthony wants to pick up the phone he will get somebody that wants to support him.

“But if he wants to lock horns, well, I won’t walk away. It is as simple as that.”

But Seibold was totally dismissive of Peters’ comments this week when he spoke to the media.

“It came from a former player of our club and it was disappointing to hear that in the public domain,” Seibold said.

Media-link

“He is an important player to our club and where we want to get to. It’s easy to make a comment like that, and I don’t think it was an educated comment.”

Peters added: “I am not beating my own drum, but I am saying I won’t harnessed.

“That is probably why at 77 they still want me to go on.
You have known me a long time. I am not going to step down.

“In all reality, he has still got his P plates on.

“Like, I was critical of my own mate Des Hasler last year.

“But Des never rang and said, ‘Oh, mate, ease off’.

“But I hope I was constructive. And the things I pointed out were fitness, dying in the end of games, giving up three tries in five minutes. I mean, it is there for everyone to see.

“If I don’t call it then I am not doing what I should be doing. And they made changes (at Manly when replacing Hasler with Seibold).

“And suggesting Tom goes to centre, plenty of good judges have suggested that. ‘Oh we wouldn’t contemplate that’. Well, why? I mean it is common sense.

“The last thing I would be doing is putting him under Matt Burton’s bombs in the first game. Why subject him to that in the first game?

“I don’t know. It is going to be interesting. I look forward to the season. I will be cheering them. But if they don’t do well I will be saying why I think they are not. “

Paul Crawley
10 min read
February 1, 2023 - 10:16AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Manly legend Peter Peters has fired back at criticism from new coach Anthony Seibold, declaring he won’t be silenced by a coach on “P plates” over his comments about Tom Trbojevic.

It comes after Seibold belittled the views of the former premiership winning Manly player, saying what Peters said about Trbojevic was not “an educated comment”.
The fact is the now 77-year-old not only played at the top level but has also worked as a journalist for over 50 years, earning tremendous respect for his honesty and insight.
And he certainly wasn’t backing away from what he said about Turbo recently because he said he only ever had the club’s best interests at heart.
“I have had that many calls from people saying what you said is what everyone is thinking but haven’t said it,” Peters responded.
“What I did say is that if it continues (the run of injuries) he may have to go into early retirement.

“I never said ‘release’.

“Mate, that is just a pure business view that I took.

“I mean, Tommy got $300,000 a game last year.

“You’ve got to be accountable for that.

“He is worth every penny when he is playing.

“But I have said before, you can’t have a Lamborghini in the garage that is not mechanically sound and you can’t drive it.

“I don’t take a backward step on any of that.

“It is where he was before he went (to the US for treatment on his troublesome hamstrings).

“I hope he is well. The game needs him. Manly definitely need him. He is a wonderful player. But not everything has a fairy tale ending.”

And Peters was particularly fired up about Seibold labelling his views not an “educated comment”.
“I joined Manly in 1969 and I was a journalist at the time and Ken Irvine and myself were the only two fully fledged journalists that were actually playing the game,” Peters said.

“And not once since then with a multitude of premiership coaches and a multitude of CEO’s and the greatest administrator the game has ever seen in Ken Arthurson have I once been told that I can’t or I should refrain from giving my view.

“I was always a journalist first, footballer second.

“I love Manly with all my heart. Next to my own family it is my greatest love.

“I want to see Tommy do well.

“But I am not that stupid to think that he can keep going down the path he has been going down.

“Those are the sort of things that I have said that I stand by.

“And if Anthony wants to pick up the phone he will get somebody that wants to support him.

“But if he wants to lock horns, well, I won’t walk away. It is as simple as that.”

But Seibold was totally dismissive of Peters’ comments this week when he spoke to the media.

“It came from a former player of our club and it was disappointing to hear that in the public domain,” Seibold said.

Media-link

“He is an important player to our club and where we want to get to. It’s easy to make a comment like that, and I don’t think it was an educated comment.”

Peters added: “I am not beating my own drum, but I am saying I won’t harnessed.

“That is probably why at 77 they still want me to go on.
You have known me a long time. I am not going to step down.

“In all reality, he has still got his P plates on.

“Like, I was critical of my own mate Des Hasler last year.

“But Des never rang and said, ‘Oh, mate, ease off’.

“But I hope I was constructive. And the things I pointed out were fitness, dying in the end of games, giving up three tries in five minutes. I mean, it is there for everyone to see.

“If I don’t call it then I am not doing what I should be doing. And they made changes (at Manly when replacing Hasler with Seibold).

“And suggesting Tom goes to centre, plenty of good judges have suggested that. ‘Oh we wouldn’t contemplate that’. Well, why? I mean it is common sense.

“The last thing I would be doing is putting him under Matt Burton’s bombs in the first game. Why subject him to that in the first game?

“I don’t know. It is going to be interesting. I look forward to the season. I will be cheering them. But if they don’t do well I will be saying why I think they are not. “
Peters has said it as it is

anyone denying the truth of the matter is living in denial

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10