Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s time we move on from him as permanent fullback. Fair enough he may return next year. But we need to stop stuffing around with these setbacks and place a new permanent number 1. Weekes or Garrick the obvious choices.
If he wants a spot in the 13 he needs to come back as either winger or centre, if he goes down again it is not detrimental to the spine and combinations.

Hopefully Seibold and Flanno drop the hammer on it.
The good news is the club was never seduced into a trade with Oldcastle, involving Garrick.

The bad news is Manly had Gutherson signed to a new contract, then let him go.

The rest, as they say, is history.

If the latest injury to TomT has taught us anything,is that it has removed all doubt that there are plenty of morons on this forum and that Weekes,according to many posters,is a future immortal.All these people saying they are fed up or over TomT and he should be moved on,you don’t think he himself is fed up with his injuries or do you think he is purposely going out there to tear his hamstrings?Not many players at the club that show as much passion for Manly than he does.As for offloading him,good luck finding a club that’ll take him on without Manly having a sizeable gap in their salary cap for the next 4 years.Which club is sitting back saying let’s take on the full contract of an injury prone player who’s on $1million+?
They’d have Manly bent over a barrel knowing they want to offload him.Not even the Dragons or Tigers are that stupid

If the latest injury to TomT has taught us anything,is that it has removed all doubt that there are plenty of morons on this forum and that Weekes,according to many posters,is a future immortal.All these people saying they are fed up or over TomT and he should be moved on,you don’t think he himself is fed up with his injuries or do you think he is purposely going out there to tear his hamstrings?Not many players at the club that show as much passion for Manly than he does.As for offloading him,good luck finding a club that’ll take him on without Manly having a sizeable gap in their salary cap for the next 4 years.Which club is sitting back saying let’s take on the full contract of an injury prone player who’s on $1million+?
They’d have Manly bent over a barrel knowing they want to offload him.Not even the Dragons or Tigers are that stupid
🐬

Fully agree. But my point was that we cringed every time Snake got tackled, and breathed a sigh of relief when he got up and wasn't limping or clutching some other injured body part.

When Turbo came onto the scene we thought those days cringing and hoping were gone.
As a fan, this is my biggest concern when Tommy is in the team. Every time he runs, every tackle he makes, you're holding your breath hoping he's not going to get hurt. Every game you're thinking ahead, wondering about a re-shuffle - who's going to go to fullback if Tommy doesn't make it through the game, who do we have on the bench to cover that player, etc. And then it's, "How many week will he be out for this time?"

It must play on his mind when he's on the field as well, wondering what new and exotic way his body will give out on him, or whether he'll simply re-injure his shoulder/pec/hammy.

Sure, there's a chance he'll break the injury cycle and that his best days are still ahead of him. But there's also every chance he won't. We just have to live with the uncertainty and hope for the best.

Personaly fine with ppl having an opinion that Tommy's injuries that keep him OFF the field more than ON the field are a Massive problem.....I mean in the business world if you have a world class employee, its a great thing and they are worth the Huge money, but if hey only turn up every second day it does give reason for concern.
I feel confused on what is best going forward myself, but the upside of Tom's freakish ability and positive effect on his team mates tells me he needs to be at Manly till the day he retires, adding the fact he is a true Manly boy and has Manly at heart, so the loyalty runs both ways in my world.
Also optimistically think he will have a run of games and turn the stats around similar to Gutho.
Not sure on the Weekes Immortal stuff, but the kid is a handy versatile talent and does deserve a shot in the 17 imo and when Tom is unavailable, is definitely the bloke who should be in the 1 jersey and is by far and away the best option as our backup fullback.

I just thought of a positive! Seibold & Co will have to steel the whole team to win, rather than rely on Turbo to make things happen.
Make a bloody good cake. If we get some icing on it later, all the better, but at least we'll have a good cake.
(Sorry @Bearfax ) @:D
And.. I just thought of another positive!
Turbo stuck rigidly to his hammy preservation routine after recovering from Corso-gate in early 2021 and played out the entire season in devastating style without hurting it again.
Having this setback is a reminder to him that he can't ease off even a fraction, he needs to be devoted to that at all times in order to be the player he can be.
[I have no idea whether he has deviated from that 2021 routine at all. Maybe he hasn't? But it wouldn't be a total shock if he had just relaxed it a little, given he'd had no problems and had been concentrating on recovering from shoulder and knee stuff instead]
So - I'm backing him to make a storming comeback and play out the full season.

Not sure on the Weekes Immortal stuff, but the kid is a handy versatile talent and does deserve a shot in the 17 imo and when Tom is unavailable, is definitely the bloke who should be in the 1 jersey and is by far and away the best option as our backup fullback.
Yes and we have all-new coaches who'll be looking at him closely over pre-season. But my first thought is - he'll need to blow their minds to be given fullback in Round 1 if Tom is not right yet.
A lot of fans (yes @Bearfax sometimes even you!) underestimate the value of experience at NRL level, but I doubt Seibold and Flanagan do. We need to win Round 1, no ifs buts or maybes.

Yes and we have all-new coaches who'll be looking at him closely over pre-season. But my first thought is - he'll need to blow their minds to be given fullback in Round 1 if Tom is not right yet.
A lot of fans (yes @Bearfax sometimes even you!) underestimate the value of experience at NRL level, but I doubt Seibold and Flanagan do. We need to win Round 1, no ifs buts or maybes.
Agreed, but I do like that Weekes has rare pace, and he is a ball player. Garrick is really professional at the back. I suspect if Tom is not available then Manly will need both Garrick and Weekes in the 17.

Agreed, but I do like that Weekes has rare pace, and he is a ball player. Garrick is really professional at the back. I suspect if Tom is not available then Manly will need both Garrick and Weekes in the 17.
Given Turbo (fit) is close to the best player in the game, Manly is actually very well served in depth with Garrick Koula and Weekes. They will all play a part this year.
Will be exciting to see Weekes get more NRL time. If he's as good as we hope then he'll soon nail down a spot somewhere in the 17.

Tom Will be good for round 1, if no further issues.
It will be down to Weekes and Garrick as backup over time and I reckon Weekes once given opportunity, will be an easy choice.
I totally agree IF it came down to replacing Tom in R1, the experienced Garrick is the likely choice.

It will come down to teamwork. If he is unavailable, the others must step up.

Not every team has a player of his stature in its ranks. Despite that, some of them still find a way to make it to the finals.

Yes it's frustrating all these injuries but when Tom is fit he changes games and turns us into a genuine force almost single handedly. Why on earth would we consider swapping him for some other bloke who plays every week BUT with half the ability. Lose Tommy and when the whips are cracking in in September we have a middle of the road player who can't change a game anywhere near like Tommy.

We have the fastest Formula 1 car, yes it's broken down in the garage too much obviously. But it's got the goods. Trading it in for a Hotted up Holden Commodore that starts every time ain't going to win us the Grand Prix.

Our best chance of success going forward is with Tom. It's a bumpy road sure but it leads to a premiership if the stars align.

Get fit soon Tommy

The difference between making the semi's ... or missing out will get down to points differential.

Having Tom fit for just 10 games a season vastly increases our chances ...

Having him fit at finals time ... exponentially increases our chances of a premiership ...

No one has a crystal ball ... but I wouldn't be getting rid of the best player in the world just yet ...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8