Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could be a blessing in disguise. I mean this guy is our Steve Austin and needs to be surrounded by the best minds in the medical game to keep him on the field. The new dream coaching team now knows how fragile he appears to be. I remember when teddy was younger he too had a horrible few years with injuries but the Roosters poured a lot of money and effort into him to keep him on the field…and it worked. So the same needs to happen with Tom…
Yeah, but for every Teddy, how many kids don’t fulfil their promise due to injury? Not to mention teddy’s injury run was over in his early 20s. Turbo is now 26 and still getting regular injuries.

Offer him to another club that would be interested in taking him on?

Haven’t we seen enough broken and adjusted contracts to understand this is a pretty straight-forward occurrence. I’m also sure there are plenty of clubs out there willing to gamble on Turbo.
How many of those broken/adjusted contracts have involved a player that still has 4 years left on a deal that is worth $1million plus a year,is injury prone and loves the club he is at??
Whilst there are stupid clubs out there,no one is dumb enough to take on a currently and perpetually injured player who is under contract without his current club fitting the baulk of his bill.And if someone is willing to take him on,what can they do to ensure he doesn’t get injured regularly that Manly couldn’t try?

From Paul Crawley

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Less than a day after Manly posted a TikTok video cheering on Tom Trbojevic as “last man standing” in a preseason Yoyo torture test, the champion fullback has suffered another shattering hamstring injury.
And while it remains to be seen how long the superstar Sea Eagle will be out of action after he was sent for scans on Wednesday, it has definitely delivered new coach Anthony Seibold his “biggest challenge” since taking over from Des Hasler.
That is the expert opinion of the respected NRL Physio Brien Seeney, who told The Daily Telegraph: “I think Seibold’s biggest challenge going to that club is keeping Tommy on the park at this stage.
“Because it is obvious whatever, I guess, training methods they have gone with so far just aren’t getting the job done, unfortunately.”
CASUALTY WARD: Injury news from every club
Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has suffered yet another hamstring injury. Picture: NRL Imagery

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has suffered yet another hamstring injury. Picture: NRL Imagery
It comes after The Telegraph broke the news online on Wednesday that Trbojevic had gone down clutching at his right leg during an opposed session at Narrabeen.
It is Trbojevic’s fifth hamstring injury since 2019.
But while the initial three occurred on his left leg, this is now the second in a row on his right leg - the same hamstring he injured during his infamous late night sprint down the Corso in February 2021.
On this occasion Trbojevic was said to have been only cruising and not sprinting when he pulled up at training, but he immediately knew he had a problem.

He was then helped from the field before he sat with his head between his hands looking absolutely gutted.
Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov confirmed the club was awaiting scan results: “Tom didn’t finish the training session and has gone off for a precautionary scan.
“I can’t say any more.”
A shoulder injury suffered in round 11 was the end of Tom Trbojevic’s 2022 season. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

A shoulder injury suffered in round 11 was the end of Tom Trbojevic’s 2022 season. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
INJURY MANAGEMENT COULD GET TRICKY
Seeney gave his verdict on how delicate and difficult it will be managing the training workload given Trbojevic worrying history.
Seeney said while it was most likely Trbojevic should be fit for Round 1, unless it had been completely torn off the bone, he added in a Tweet: “Obviously of more concern is adding another strain to his hamstring injury history”.
Asked to elaborate on that, Seeney explained: “When I say concern, if it is his right again, you are adding more scar tissue to the hamstring.
“There is more danger of weakness to persist, strength deficit, those kind of things.
“And especially because his right you would say is his good hamstring … but obviously it has gone again.”

He said the fact the injury occurred when he was not running at full pace “is a good thing”.
“Because usually at full pace it is going to be a significant tear or something like that,” he continued.
“But it depends what they have done with him training-wise over the last couple of weeks.
“Whether there has been too much build-up of load or something like that.”
Asked how the club would likely manage it in the future, he added: “I think Seibold’s biggest challenge going to that club is keeping Tommy on the park at this stage.
“Because it is obvious whatever, I guess, training methods they have gone with so far just aren’t getting the job done unfortunately.
“I thought (it was going OK).
“It won’t be quite two years (since the last hamstring injury), but it will be nearly two years since he suffered a hamstring injury.
New Manly coach Anthony Seibold will be hoping Trbojevic is ready for Round 1, given the team’s horrible win record without him. Picture: AAP.

New Manly coach Anthony Seibold will be hoping Trbojevic is ready for Round 1, given the team’s horrible win record without him. Picture: AAP.
“Effectively 2019/2020 were his bad years, and the start of 2021 was the ‘Corso’.
“So he hasn’t had one since the start of 2021.
“That’s the thing. I thought they had some sort of program in place and they seemed to be on top of things.
“The big thing is, even though it is another hamstring, it would have to have been completely torn off the bone for it not to be right for round one.
“They have got the best part of two and a half months until round one. Even if it is a grade two you are usually looking around six to eight weeks, which would still have him right.
“But they can take it extra slow with him (because it is preseason).
“He couldn’t have done it at a better time.
“It is just now, moving forward, I think it is how they are going to manage him in season to make sure that the risk of hamstring injuries is as low as possible.”
Reuben Garrick will likely replace Trbojevic, should he not be fit for Round 1. Picture: Getty Images.

Reuben Garrick will likely replace Trbojevic, should he not be fit for Round 1. Picture: Getty Images.
ONE MAN TEAM
The statistics show Trbojevic has only played a total of 44 of 97 Manly games since 2019, and without him the Sea Eagles only win 33 per cent of their matches.
Although his list of injuries extend beyond hamstring issues, having also suffered shoulder, knee and pectoral problems.
This season he did not play after suffering a shoulder injury in round 11.
Manly’s first trial game is against South Sydney in eight weeks at Gosford on February 10, while the Sea Eagles face Canterbury in their season opener on March 4.
Reuben Garrick is the most likely replacement for Trbojevic should he face an extended break.

More Coverage​

Market Watch: Is race for Moses down to three?NRL Rookie Watch: The 3 players to watch at every club
However, Garrick is also on the casualty ward after suffering a late season-ending shoulder injury himself.
The club is hopeful Garrick will be available for round one as well. The other option to play fullback would be youngster Tolutau Koula.

How many of those broken/adjusted contracts have involved a player that still has 4 years left on a deal that is worth $1million plus a year,is injury prone and loves the club he is at??
Whilst there are stupid clubs out there,no one is dumb enough to take on a currently and perpetually injured player who is under contract without his current club fitting the baulk of his bill.And if someone is willing to take him on,what can they do to ensure he doesn’t get injured regularly that Manly couldn’t try?
I beg to differ. I wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple clubs jump at the chance to take on Turbo’s contract.

In the same way we constantly take calculated gambles on players, others clubs will too. Some will look at it and say, if Turbo can get past these injuries (like Tedesco did), then we have a champion fullback and key piece in the puzzle. No different to what we at Manly hope for.

He's a try scoring machine, he'll be back, must keep.
In all honesty, our future success is tied up with him. We probably ain’t winning premierships without him (barring somebody coming through and turning our world upside down) and likely to be forever disappointed with injuries keeping him off field.

Again problem is if we unload him to another club they’ll spend the money to fix him ala souths with mitchell to america.We’ll be sucked in because the penns won’t spend the money to do it.
I think the Latrells and Tedescos are unique exceptions. We can wish and hope Turbo is another, but don’t like the odds.

Thats cause is a familiar story ya moron. Every season. Do you think his hamstrings will ever be ok? Been there done that. They wont.
Nice name calling.

Much like slater with his shoulder? Or Teddy with his knees?

You honestly think it is worth cutting him?
In a salary cap era the game is built upon gambling on certain players / roles - in my view he is worth a gamble

Finally we know nothing apart from a two paragraph statement. I would suggest it is moronic to draw conclusions without more information but what do I know

In all honesty, our future success is tied up with him. We probably ain’t winning premierships without him (barring somebody coming through and turning our world upside down) and likely to be forever disappointed with injuries keeping him off field.
I agree, and I think we'll win the comp with him.

Nice name calling.

Much like slater with his shoulder? Or Teddy with his knees?

You honestly think it is worth cutting him?
In a salary cap era the game is built upon gambling on certain players / roles - in my view he is worth a gamble

Finally we know nothing apart from a two paragraph statement. I would suggest it is moronic to draw conclusions without more information but what do I know
I appreciate the gamble aspect in roster management. That said, Turbo is now 26. Slater and Teddy were younger I believe when they overcame their injuries, and we need to put it in perspective… they were exceptions. Many others have succumbed to injury and left their footy careers behind… we don’t hear about them though.

IMO, a fit Turbo is the best fullback in the game bar none. He's better than Teddy. And I am loathe to want to move him from where I think he plays his best football, but maybe it is time that thought is given to moving him permanently to the centres. Nothing more than an effort to maybe lightening his running load.

When Tom is on the field, more often than not we get more than the usual bang for the buck. The problem is that he is so injury prone that he is off the field more than he is on it. At least this time its early pre-season which should see no loss of game time, but it could easily have been the week before Round 1 like the infamous Corso run.

Maybe its about time thought was given to moving him to centre at club level. I hate that thought because as said, I think he's the best fullback in the game and that includes Tedesco, but what good is he to anyone just sitting on the sidelines injured 2/3's of the time?? A way needs to be found to lighten his load and keep him healthy.

Just quietly… I fking hate injuries in sports. They rob us of talent on display though they add to the dramatic narratives.

I fear this year will again be The Turbo Show, one way or another. If TT is firing then we are a top 4 side. But if he is not, then does anyone honestly believe we are top 4? More likely lucky to make 7th IMO, which is basically a pass grade.

I have respect for Turbo and I love what he brings to the team. But as my lady said, he really is Mr Glass. I hope he gets well quick and can fire up for the 2023 season. But Jeez, we haven't half been here before.

When Snake retired, the one thing we all rejoiced at was that we wouldn't have to cringe and hope he wouldn't get up limping after being tackled. It was nerve racking in the last 4-5 years of his career.

Unfortunately Turbo has turned out to be even more fragile so we're still cringing. Your lady is unfortunately right, he is becoming Mr. Glass. Maybe we should start calling him George. He is talked about but rarely seen.....

I appreciate the gamble aspect in roster management. That said, Turbo is now 26. Slater and Teddy were younger I believe when they overcame their injuries, and we need to put it in perspective… they were exceptions. Many others have succumbed to injury and left their footy careers behind… we don’t hear about them though.
Slater had his last one 2 years before he retired - from memory he missed at least two full years.

Yep plenty do not make it but is it not worth waiting for the really special ones like turbo?

Well this place is a bundle of joy and excitement today.

He's done a hammy so what? We wait and hope he's fit for round 1 and then move on from there.

On a side note anyone know if Tommy's hamstring whispering guy was one of the 'des' guys let go in the recent cull? I really hope not because if he was and this is a result of some new guys misunderstanding of Tommy's condition heads should roll.

Well this place is a bundle of joy and excitement today.

He's done a hammy so what? We wait and hope he's fit for round 1 and then move on from there.

On a side note anyone know if Tommy's hamstring whispering guy was one of the 'des' guys let go in the recent cull? I really hope not because if he was and this is a result of some new guys misunderstanding of Tommy's condition heads should roll.
Actually, he’s done 5 hammies in 2 years to put it in perspective… let alone the truckload of other injuries.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10