Tommy T has just been told he’s in the NSW Blues squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great to see Tommy in the squad. Yes there's injury concerns but there's no guarantee he'll be selected in the 17.

I think it will be great to have him in the squad and continue to do some training whilst the rest of the Manly squad won't be as they will be out of the bubble.

There's a stack of players in the top 8 who deserve a spot ahead of Tom. I just find it ridiculous that he's played 7 games all year while other more deserving form players should be picked ahead of him. I'd be filthy missing out to that.

Fittler, one of my all time favourite players and the perfect fit as NSW coach. A long term Peninsula resident who could have become a Sea Eagle, except that Cliffy was already in the no. 6 jersey. Doubt that Turbo, with no match fitness, will play SOO this year (unfortunately).

What rubbed salt into the wound was, up till Fittler said he's in the squad Tom looked quite glum, then as soon as Fittler confirmed it Tom's face lit up with a big smile. :swear:

Being in the squad is one thing but whether he actually plays is quite another. He's very underdone, especially for Origin.

I think he is purely in the squad (being 27 players) to assist the younger players with his experience and maybe for his own mental health... doubt he will get a game unless they get desperate through injuries.... keep in mind he is a long term origin player so won't hurt to have him around the team

He was always going to make the squad. Aren't they having a squad of 30? And Turbo is one of the best in the game whrn fit. Surely it's better having him continue to train with the elite and be involved in some capacity is better than sitting at home angry that he's not there. His hammy is obviously fine after running down that Titans winger and Origin is still another 6 weeks away. I'd be surprised if he plays but if he does, he'll be ready. If he doesn't then nothing is lost

Fittler, one of my all time favourite players and the perfect fit as NSW coach. A long term Peninsula resident who could have become a Sea Eagle, except that Cliffy was already in the no. 6 jersey. Doubt that Turbo, with no match fitness, will play SOO this year (unfortunately).

In the mid-90s when Fittler left Penrith for the Chooks, we really had the positions he played covered. He wasn't really a centre any more even though he was more than capable. He had developed into a 5/8 or lock, and we already had Cliffy at pivot and an emerging Nik Kosef at lock.

In all seriousness, the one I think we should have gone after back then was Tim Brasher. With Matthew Ridge leaving after 1996 it left us without a good fullback. Cleary had already gone to the Chooks via Norths which basically left us with Shannon Nevin and Craig Hancock, and it was well known that Balmain and Brasher weren't seeing eye to eye on his contract. We should have gone after him, but instead we went for ... Craig bloody Field.

Manly star Tom Trbojevic expects to be fit for the upcoming State of Origin series after scans revealed he was facing a four-week return from a shoulder injury.

Speaking on Channel Nine's Sunday Footy Show, Trbojevic said his recovery should be complete prior to the completion of the NRL finals series.

"It was just a bit of grade-two carry on," Trbojevic joked about his Saturday setback before getting into the seriousness of the injury and the Origin implications.

The match was Trbojevic's first since Round 6, a match in which he suffered a serious hamstring injury.

"I definitely think I will be right [for Origin], it is unfortunate I haven’t got to play much footy this year," he said.

"I will definitely be right to go, if … the coach picks me."

Blues coach, and Sunday Footy Show panel member, Brad Fittler, was quick to reassure one of his star players that he had nothing to worry about.

"Well, it’s official mate. If you stop sookin', you're officially the first person in the squad of 27," Fittler said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4