Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So we want to sign a player who can not even make the wallabies?

And what we clearly need is another mid range outside back and not forward depth? Especially one that will be on more than just “base” money.

Assume that one poster in particular is advocating for him to be signed as they are especially happy with our current forward roster including a certain low cost experienced front rower

I'm seriously of the opinion we have a certain player manager posting here.

So does Condon, Boyle, Harper, Parker, Tuipulotu, Vaega, John's, Aloiai, Croker, Fulton, Matterson, Woods, Lodge and many others.
x100. Seriously, people just don’t get it. Massive massive clean out needed. Including some incumbent stars. And Hooker, not prop no 1 on the recruitment list ( Young Gordon still not given a chance). As you’ve said a few times @Ryan we’ve had multiple coaching changes with no real change in fortunes. A decade of mediocrity proves that..

Mass changes in central positions need to happen. won’t be popular but I’d be happy with our 1,7,9 all getting moved on by 2025. This complete nonsense that there is nobody to replace them is delusional, only have to look at Metcalf at Warriors to see that. Given a real chance he’s excelled, on far far far less money. Our cap is a disaster..

x100. Seriously, people just don’t get it. Massive massive clean out needed. Including some incumbent stars. And Hooker, not prop no 1 on the recruitment list ( Young Gordon still not given a chance). As you’ve said a few times @Ryan we’ve had multiple coaching changes with no real change in fortunes. A decade of mediocrity proves that..

Mass changes in central positions need to happen. won’t be popular but I’d be happy with our 1,7,9 all getting moved on by 2025. This complete nonsense that there is nobody to replace them is delusional, only have to look at Metcalf at Warriors to see that. Given a real chance he’s excelled, on far far far less money. Our cap is a disaster..
Lodge was superb in the three weeks he played in a Manly jersey, so I don't get why people want to flick him. Most of the other players you listed would be handy if they were used as depth. The problem is we have had too many of these guys in the top squad.

So does Condon, Boyle, Harper, Parker, Tuipulotu, Vaega, John's, Aloiai, Croker, Fulton, Matterson, Woods, Lodge and many others.
Fair call Ryan - enough of the players who would not play NRL at any other clubs, yet we carry 6-7 every week and act suprised we are not a genuine threat ???

What we really need isn't another outside back or a big forward.

We need a hooker.

I like Froggy, he won't die wondering and he does have some good such as his defence. But as a starting dummy half ... he is still basically the fill-in he was 3 years ago. He still has no running game and his passes are slow.

We let Api go to promote Fainu who promptly got himself arrested and locked up, so Froggy got pushed into the void. But ever since have we even tried to be in the market for a quality dummy half??

We have an abundance of pace in the outside backs. We have quality halves (or at least, one quality, one lazy wannabe superstar). We have big centre and edge forwards ... and we have a makeshift dummy half.

( Young Gordon still not given a chance).

Go and watch a Blacktown game or two. Gordon at dummy half is good. Gordon defending in the middle is not good. Unfortunately that is a big part of the reason he hasn't been brought up.

And although I say that Gordon's defence isn't good ... maybe it is time to bring him in to play 10 minutes or so at the end of each half. His dummy half work against tiring defences could be worth the pain.

Mass changes in central positions need to happen. won’t be popular but I’d be happy with our 1,7,9 all getting moved on by 2025. This complete nonsense that there is nobody to replace them is delusional, only have to look at Metcalf at Warriors to see that. Given a real chance he’s excelled, on far far far less money.
Not sure Luke Metcalf is a good example, in fact I'd say you only have to look at Metcalf to realise how hard it would be to replace our 1, 7 and 9.

Metcalf is 24 and yesterday played his 17th NRL game. Sure he's going OK in 10 games this year but he's not the playmaker, Sean Johnson in career best form is running that side.

Anyway there's a fair chance our 7 and 9 won't be here and the 1 is probably only 50/50 based on his injury history, so soon enough we might find out if you're right.

Luke Brooks is playing very well at present. He could be exceptional alongside Chez next year. I think Croker would be fantastic in two stints with GCKT coming off the bench. Tom can't be moved on. He's due an injury free run, and when that happens, we will be entrenched in the eight.

We definitely need another solid middle forward.

I think we have the nucleus of a strong pack if,

Paseka continues to develop
Keppie is retained and develops further

Dumb question but how long does it take to fully deveop?

Paseka is near 100 first grade games and Keppie is at 75.

I'd suggest we swap them for Alex Twal and Shaun Blore.

Dumb question but how long does it take to fully deveop?

Paseka is near 100 first grade games and Keppie is at 75.

I'd suggest we swap them for Alex Twal and Shaun Blore.
Fair point, but I believe both these guys will continue to improve. Paseka has been great at times this year. He will end up being a top five prop in my opinion.

Fair point, but I believe both these guys will continue to improve. Paseka has been great at times this year. He will end up being a top five prop in my opinion.
Top five in the game, or top five at Manly? We seem to be stockpiling them, as per our quantity over quality recruitment philosophy.

Once the wallabies are bounced out of the world cup in the pool rounds, tom w will be back into the wallabies squad as the coach will be moved on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8