Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
say what you will and plenty has been said on these boards but what a wasted chance with this kid. The biggest takeaway was despite his talent how mismanaged his time at manly was. then again most of our players were mismanaged by TB.

He was just a kid when with us. needed time to develop which we are seeing now. he's big, fast and smart. what a waste.

say what you will and plenty has been said on these boards but what a wasted chance with this kid. The biggest takeaway was despite his talent how mismanaged his time at manly was. then again most of our players were mismanaged by TB.

He was just a kid when with us. needed time to develop which we are seeing now. he's big, fast and smart. what a waste.

Thanks Twent u moron.

Trent was a waste as Head Coach for Manly and the Dogs

But he was a very good footballer .

Credit to where credit is due

May we never see him at Manly again

and We wish him well in his next endeavours

Yep both he and Hastings could have been anything for us if Barrett hadn't been coach.
Can not agree with the Hastings part of that comment.I think his personality change,good work in the community,attitude in the media and social media presence,has hidden that fact he’s a middle of the range player.He touches the ball more than anyone in that team and they’re sitting last.He always puts in the effort but I don’t think he’s in the top 10 halfbacks in the comp.

Can not agree with the Hastings part of that comment.I think his personality change,good work in the community,attitude in the media and social media presence,has hidden that fact he’s a middle of the range player.He touches the ball more than anyone in that team and they’re sitting last.He always puts in the effort but I don’t think he’s in the top 10 halfbacks in the comp.
I think he's the best player in a terrible side.
Edit: second best after Douehi.

Im not fussed...watch him in Rugby, its the same as when he was with us. Each great play is countered by a terrible play or an easy missed tackle. If he was still with us we'd be blowing up about his mistake rate. He'd make Marty look as safe as a bank...

We already have enough players with poor discipline. I agree, he is a talented kid who had speed and the ability to make things happen. But hes nothing on what we are seeing from Koula

I'm sure he thanks Trent for his time at Manly as it prepared him for the Wallabies having a similar win/loss ratio.

-that said, I've nothing against him. Go tom!

H

He was ****en good. I don’t see how Trent didn’t see it.

Neither he or Hastings were ever given a decent chance to perform in 1st Grade. I also disagree Trent was anything special as a player. Hastings killed it in the English league & he's by far the best player in the Tigers outfit. Trent, nice guy that he is, was not a coach & doubt he ever will be. I'm glad he left & took the furniture with him.

Last edited:
Not sharing the love. Watched the Wallabies the other night and Wright was good in a flamboyant, risk taker way which is much more suited to Union. If he played for us he would be No.1 scapegoat - he is a loose as a goose.

There was a big forward - I think a Prop
Penrith signed in the 80's and had zero impact in league.
I think ray Price was a great convert along with O'connor and Wally Lewis has to be ranked a rugby league legend.
Always wonder how the Ella brothers would have went in league, as many who played both codes feel they would have been absolutely magical.
Personally got signed by Southern Districts rugby union from league in the colts side as a centre and did not adapt well at all, my first game was against "Manly" in Cronulla and played like a fish out of water and didn't get much better....very ordinary switch tbh, but damn the parties were good !
The guy Penruff signed was Kent Lamber. He was sent home from an All Black tour of the UK after a night club incident. He was meant to form a powerhouse front row with Ron Clothier and the Poms Mike Stephenson and Bill Ashurst…
Snoz and Stephen Knight were great signings for us from Union.

The guy Penruff signed was Kent Lamber. He was sent home from an All Black tour of the UK after a night club incident. He was meant to form a powerhouse front row with Ron Clothier and the Poms Mike Stephenson and Bill Ashurst…
Snoz and Stephen Knight were great signings for us from Union.
I 100% appreciate the insight and sounds like another who fell short, but it was actually some Darcy prop forward to Panthers in the 80"s.....someone mentioned in an earlier thread and he came with Huge wraps but couldn't break out of reserve grade....may have played a game or 2 Top grade but definitely did not last.

The problem with a guy like Tom Wright is the all the stuff that the average punter doesn’t see...he is a highlight reel footballer but coaches (even the bad ones like Barrett) see everything, not just the highlights.

Wright was an absolute turn style. Imagine him defending the line in a semi final at 12-12 in the 78th minute?! No thanks.

He’s also got the Zac Lomax disease. This is a guy who once attempted a chip and chase in his own in goal.

I can understand people looking at his speed and skill and getting excited, but Barrett was totally vindicated in his treatment of Wright. He is not a FG NRL footballer by any stretch. That’s why he is now playing rugby.

I can understand people looking at his speed and skill and getting excited, but Barrett was totally vindicated in his treatment of Wright. He is not a FG NRL footballer by any stretch. That’s why he is now playing rugby.
I can understand how some people vindicate Barretts ability

I mean look how he improved all those players he has coached

I can understand how some people cannot see a players amazing ability of the skill and speed they naturally posses

It is the same people that just see Tom Wright just playing Rugby and not excelling at Rugby at the highest level"

Tom Wright has the last laugh as his superior speed and skill gets him over the line for another untouched try !
Visual search query image

I can understand how some people vindicate Barretts ability

I mean look how he improved all those players he has coached

I can understand how some people cannot see a players amazing ability of the skill and speed they naturally posses

It is the same people that just see Tom Wright just playing Rugby and not excelling at Rugby at the highest level"

Tom Wright has the last laugh as his superior speed and skill gets him over the line for another untouched try !
Visual search query image
If only RL was limited to speed and skill, you would be the best talent scout in the game. Unfortunately turnstiles are only relevant at the entry ways of 90s era supermarkets. You haven’t figured that out yet.

If only RL was limited to speed and skill, you would be the best talent scout in the game. Unfortunately turnstiles are only relevant at the entry ways of 90s era supermarkets. You haven’t figured that out yet.
If only people like you could comprehend the level of speed and skill and dedication required to succeed at a codes highest level

If only people like you could comprehend that a rookie playing only 5 games under a two time sacked incompetent failure head coach does not define or make or break a young players playing career

2005 is the only time in my memory when excellent attack won a comp over all other sides defence. Where a side knew if they conceded 40 points every week, they would just have to score 42.

One time this has happened...and one time only.

Great teams are great because they are great defensively and offensively

Great teams are Great because they excel all over the field and all over their opponents

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7