Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the subject of flummoxing rules, can some please explain the penalty last night when an NZ forward put his hands over or around the ball rather than reaching toward the ball. The game had pretty much put me to sleep at that stage but I’m sure it was something like that.
Haha. Part of the new breakdown laws. If contesting at the breakdown you have to stay on your feet and contest the ball only. If you put your hands past the ball you are sealing off the ball not allowing a contest for both teams.

On the subject of flummoxing rules, can some please explain the penalty last night when an NZ forward put his hands over or around the ball rather than reaching toward the ball. The game had pretty much put me to sleep at that stage but I’m sure it was something like that.

I was once flummoxed but the doctor said he was too confused to work out how to heal it.

Haha. Part of the new breakdown laws. If contesting at the breakdown you have to stay on your feet and contest the ball only. If you put your hands past the ball you are sealing off the ball not allowing a contest for both teams.
Actually kinda makes sense when you put it that way.

The only interesting part of Rugby is the rolling maul , when they just keep going and going and going until they score ........sadly mostly from a penalty.

They call them “ phases” I think.

Otherwise it’s just a penaltython , moving up one end to get a penalty , shooting for goal , then repeat.

Occasionally they score a try .

It’s largely a very very boring game these days.

The only interesting part of Rugby is the rolling maul , when they just keep going and going and going until they score ........sadly mostly from a penalty.

They call them “ phases” I think.

Otherwise it’s just a penaltython , moving up one end to get a penalty , shooting for goal , then repeat.

Occasionally they score a try .

It’s largely a very very boring game these days.
What is this rugby game you speak of?

Lol, Vunivalu already called into the Wallabies squad. Hasn’t played a game of rugby for over 6 years but his form was irresistible

Lol, Vunivalu already called into the Wallabies squad. Hasn’t played a game of rugby for over 6 years but his form was irresistible
Probably in his contract that he must be drafted straight into Wallabies squad. I think they tried to cut back his deal so maybe that's the trade off ? Koriebete isn't going anywhere as he has been a standout - so maybe he pushes Wright off the wing, but highly unlikely I'd say. He'll just be in the squad for a run around and won't debut until he gets a few super Rugby games under his belt

Who gives a flying f about Wright,sign the number 6 Lachie Swinton who got sent off,a mixture of Ben Kennedy and Mark Carroll.Play him at 13 to start and a year or 2 to develop the running game,what a weapon.....

Agreed that we wont get Wright back, though I think we could use him, but its a lost cause just like trying to get Gutherson back. They've found and are happy in a new nest. So I agree we do need someone like a Kennedy of Carroll to play that forward leader role, that was always necessary in Manly's best and premiership winning sides. I had hoped Jake would take that role, and perhaps he still might, but I get a sense he doesn't have that type of personality, more a hard worker, showing by example. We need a bully rather than a nice guy

For some reason he was replaced at around the 60-minute mark. Perhaps he'd started to fall asleep, such was the sheer boredom of the match, which proved to be the best advertisement you could have for rugby league.
Thirty points scored, and no tries.
Pathetic. This sport has been ruined.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4