Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree and he still could. He has more attacking skills than anyone playing for Manly this weekend.
D he could have been coached more.
Completely agree. Why he wasn't allowed time on the wing to get FG experience by TBaz is still a mystery. Had pace to burn and some silky skills. Just needed the guidance.

Tom Wright scored a try on the weekend, good on him!

Just imagine if Manly held onto Tom Wright and blooding some young guns aswell.

1. Albert Hopoate
2. Moses Suli
3. Dylan Walker
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Tom Wright
7. DCE
8. Martin Taupau
9. Manase Fainu
10. AFB
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Joel Thompson
13. JTrbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Josh Schuster
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

What have you done? Dont bring up Tom Wright again unless you want to be hammered into the ground on these boards. I liked the kid and think he was completely misused by TBaz and the club. Could have been a great player if only....

Surely you can't blame Trent. I read he is the Greatest Coach of All Time. He just didn't work at Manly because he defended (or didn't defend - I can't remember) his mate when they were on one of the many team drinking sessions.

Maybe the question should be.....
Why did he ubruptly leave?
There's always more to these stories.

Simple. he was offered a deal he couldn't refuse by the Brumbies. It seemed the Sea Eagles weren't interested and he had already given up a Rugby Union career and promise of Union 7s stardom to try out at Manly. But you're right, he chose to leave because Barrett didn't seem interested in giving him a proper chance at firsts. I would have made the same decision. Now he has the chance of fame and fortune as a Wallaby. Not hard to work out. Deja vu Gutherson methinks

Simple. he was offered a deal he couldn't refuse by the Brumbies. It seemed the Sea Eagles weren't interested and he had already given up a Rugby Union career and promise of Union 7s stardom to try out at Manly. But you're right, he chose to leave because Barrett didn't seem interested in giving him a proper chance at firsts. I would have made the same decision. Now he has the chance of fame and fortune as a Wallaby. Not hard to work out. Deja vu Gutherson methinks
Barrett had already announced as leaving before Tom Wright left...
If he was in the clubs plans they would’ve kept him.

The simple answer is because he is only suited to the wing in union and no where else...
The brumbies tried to play him elsewhere and had less success than we did.
He is an individualist and has no concept of how to use people around him,he has no ability to play as a fullback in rugby league and is why he is now in union.If he played fullback at NRL level he would be throwing 30 metre passes to avoid being tackled(love a grubber kick in your own end goal to avoid being tackled).
End of thread,if he had more ability he would be more than a winger in union.....

Tom Wright scored a try on the weekend, good on him!

Just imagine if Manly held onto Tom Wright and blooding some young guns aswell.

1. Albert Hopoate
2. Moses Suli
3. Dylan Walker
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Tom Wright
7. DCE
8. Martin Taupau
9. Manase Fainu
10. AFB
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Joel Thompson
13. JTrbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Josh Schuster
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka
Lol why you would name arguably the best fb in the game at Centre is beyond me. Turbo is mentioned in the same breath as teddy and a couple of others as the best players in the game period. I know Hoppa has some wraps on him but tbh if he develops into half the player Tom is (injuries aside) I’d be happy. Tom (turbo not wright lol) will likely wear the number 1 at manly until he retires. At least that’s how I’d see it.

The simple answer is because he is only suited to the wing in union and no where else...
He is an individualist and has no concept of how to use people around him,he has no ability to play as a fullback in rugby league and is why he is now in union.If he played fullback at NRL level he would be throwing 30 metre passes to avoid being tackled(love a grubber kick in your own end goal to avoid being tackled).
End of thread,if he had more ability he would be more than a winger in union.....
Sorry but did you watch any of the games before making this comment? He was scoring or setting up tries every match in the centres. His size means he is a better winger but he was far better in the centres for Brumbies than playing for us.
Agreed with above comments. Barrett was probably the worst defensive coach ive seen or up there so there wasnt really any potential in fixing his D. If he was here when Des is, completely different story as we know Des is one of the better defensive coaches. Would love to have him at the back right about now.

Anyways, after poor coaching and team performances with Barrett + facilities that don’t compare to Brumbies I can’t imagine he looks back on his Manly days too fondly. He probably is out of our pay grade now too - the code switch would cost an extra 100k+.

Like I made a thread for, Edene Gebbie could be our fullback solution for Tom injuries. Unless Des gives Metcalf some faith, but doesn’t look likely given he hasn’t even made the 21. Albert is likely still recovering from injury

Actually he plays in several positions with the Brumbies including stand off, centre, wing and full back, but yes he's been recently on the wing. He generally plays outside centre or wing for the Canberra Vikings. He is seen as a sensation for the Brumby fans as reported and in consideration for Wallaby selection, but yes he still has to seal is position in the Brumbies. Got to remember he's been playing RL for many years and now has to readapt to RU positioning.

If he had been thrown into a pivotal position in league too early he may have been on the scrapheap by now. He was a weapon but had many obvious concerns in his game

Sorry but did you watch any of the games before making this comment? He was scoring or setting up tries every match in the centres. His size means he is a better winger but he was far better in the centres for Brumbies than playing for us.
Agreed with above comments. Barrett was probably the worst defensive coach ive seen or up there so there wasnt really any potential in fixing his D. If he was here when Des is, completely different story as we know Des is one of the better defensive coaches. Would love to have him at the back right about now.

Anyways, after poor coaching and team performances with Barrett + facilities that don’t compare to Brumbies I can’t imagine he looks back on his Manly days too fondly. He probably is out of our pay grade now too - the code switch would cost an extra 100k+.

Like I made a thread for, Edene Gebbie could be our fullback solution for Tom injuries. Unless Des gives Metcalf some faith, but doesn’t look likely given he hasn’t even made the 21. Albert is likely still recovering from injury
Yeah,I have seen numerous games for the brumbies and they have settled him at wing(for the points I mentioned above),we all have our different views/opinions...In regards to Metcalf it is the same as he too is an individualistic player,just being a dangerous returner and athletic does not make you a good fullback,those days were a few years back(it is why Garrick is a good athlete but has no idea about how to play the position)
,I saw your post about Gebbie and have to disagree there too,Gebbie is not a fullback in my opinion(he is another Taufua,he is small in stature but powerful),his skill is as a metre eater,he returns the ball flat chat and is good as a dummy half runner/hit up guy.I have seen nothing from him that indicates he is good in the air or has skills as a link man or a passing game.
I would bring back Nicho Hynes over him.The sunshine coast moved him to fullback and it suits him,he played some at NRL level for Storm and with Papenhuyzen pretty reliable he would get more opportunity with us...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7