Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He did so because he knew Barrett didn't want him. Didn't realise until too late that Des was taking over. Barrett was signed for another year. Who'd a guess

If Des was coaching here in 2018... it is possible that he would not have debuted Tom Wright at all. I am sure he would not have been impressed by his defensive efforts and general involvement in the few NRL games Tom played.

I just don't subscribe to the opinion that everything unfortunate that happened at our club from late 2015-2018 were solely Barrett's fault, and by extension those things would not have happened if Des were here.

If anybody has watched the wallabies games you will know how bad they have played. So many missed tackles, arm grabs and lack of game plan other than first game against kiwis.
Add to that a bunch of injuries.

That said I hope he kills it. If they were to win one game it would be the Brisbane game.

Also do your self a favour and watch the kiwis number 10. A special talent. Then there is Lomu #2 Clarke.

If Des was coaching here in 2018... it is possible that he would not have debuted Tom Wright at all. I am sure he would not have been impressed by his defensive efforts and general involvement in the few NRL games Tom played.

I just don't subscribe to the opinion that everything unfortunate that happened at our club from late 2015-2018 were solely Barrett's fault, and by extension those things would not have happened if Des were here.

He played a little more than a game in total time in first grade. Hardly a time for assessment. And his defence was OK, not special but adequate. Manly's defence didn't falter because of Wright. I hope you watched the games Scorpio

If anybody has watched the wallabies games you will know how bad they have played. So many missed tackles, arm grabs and lack of game plan other than first game against kiwis.
Add to that a bunch of injuries.

That said I hope he kills it. If they were to win one game it would be the Brisbane game.

Also do your self a favour and watch the kiwis number 10. A special talent. Then there is Lomu #2 Clarke.
Beauden Barrett is playing #10 this week. A very, very special talent.

The Wallabies are somewhere in between a good NRL club side and an average SoO side.

Tom is about third string, sure, but I would love to see him play a season at Manly under Des. The previous guy bounced him around a bit too much for his (& my) liking and the comments at the time about his defence (entirely justified) would have been tightened up under Des.

Will be an interesting game against the ABs ... see if they put a cricket score on us again.

Tom, I know you read SILVERTAILS, so GOOD LUCK AND ON YOUR DEBUT.

He played a little more than a game in total time in first grade. Hardly a time for assessment. And his defence was OK, not special but adequate. Manly's defence didn't falter because of Wright. I hope you watched the games Scorpio

I did see him play both in Holden Cup for several years and in his 5 or so NRL games. He definitely had talent though it was only utilised very infrequently. Think a more infrequent James Roberts (without off-field issues)... if the game didn't come to him, he was a bit invisible.

If all it took was someone from Rugby to get in his ear after 5 NRL games (which were mostly without highlights) for Tom to go decide he was going to pack up and go back to rugby, then I don't think he was ever going to stay with us for long to be honest.

Also, while he has mercurial talent... he has not proven to be a superstar in either rugby code, and he has been in rugby as an adult for 2 years now (he's 9 months younger than Tom Trbojevic).

So, given the above I am disagreeing with your assertion that Barrett is responsible for him leaving, and that he would have stayed for Des.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7