Tom turbo

Signed on much bigger money no doubt. Him being tapped on the shoulder would have been telling him he is free to look elsewhere because of Tom no?

Any how it happened, it was the right call.

You know he was re-signed at the same time as Tom, right?

The club already knew we had Snake, Matai and Lyon all contracted for 2016-17 seasons at the time that happened.

bf3e3a780f8d184072cfb3c7b2ba8f27

Hot young trio re-sign with the Sea Eagles until the end of 2017

After we turfed him, the only back we signed for 2016 was Dylan Walker on $600k per season (much more than it would have cost to keep Clint). Which hasn't proven to be an undeniable success either.

But yes it happened, I am still not sure it was the right call though.

Gutho killed as a junior for us ... I was a big fan ... he could have been a great 5/8 and number 14 for us

I was on holiday in the US when I read we'd let Gutho go and I couldn't believe it. First, it's just a shoddy way to treat a local junior. Second, it was as if they hadn't paid any attention to his junior career. He was always a good player with absolutely great vision and footy smarts. I can only assume they thought he wouldn't overcome his early injury setbacks or that we didn't need him with Tommy coming through. Yes, he carries on like a pork chop sometimes on the field, but if he was still our pork chop, I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't care. Everybody looks like more of a douche in an Eels uniform (and less like one in maroon and white).

Indeed. Once again, looking through the retrospectroscope - why did Fulton let Clitho walk?

Discuss.
Thank God he did let Queen Gutho go! He’s an embarrassment with his constant arm flapping & arrogance! Proved what a wanker he is after he kicked the field goal last night & tried to give it to Whitehead who in turn flicked him off like a fly! Wanker of the highest order!

However, Gutho had, as has already been stated, signed a two year contract with Manly only a few months before. They let him go, but he was nudged. Dont blame Gutho. He knew he wasnt wanted. One of the poorer decisions
Ummmm one of the best decisions actually!

Fair enough. Who would you have moved on to accommodate keeping Guffo?
Any number of players after tonight’s ‘effort’.

People try to rationalise it, including people who think it’s appropriate (in a post) to use a word associated with the sexual violation of both women and men, because he ‘carries on’ or he would cost too much.

Fact is, he was re-signed with Manly in Apr 15. Parramatta only offered him about $150k when he headed over there, because Fulton (and presumably Barrett) in their wisdom showed him the door. Neither of whom are still around to justify that decision.

Meanwhile it’s fast approaching the point where another local junior’s career is quickly being compromised by weak hamstrings. For those old enough, which should include you based on your online moniker, it evokes memories of Johnny Gibbs. Hopefully the advances in sports’ medicine since then will see Turbo recover and thrive. But it doesn’t look promising.

Meanwhile it would have been great to have another player of almost equal brilliance to cover for him, rather than just some solid (at this stage of their careers at least) first graders. Wouldn’t you agree?

People try to rationalise it, including people who think it’s appropriate (in a post) to use a word associated with the sexual violation of both women and men, because he ‘carries on’ or he would cost too much.
What on earth are you crapping on about?

My unfortunate use of the r word was to wingers being out-jumped by Coates.

I am not interested in fighting with you, although that is obviously what you want. Goodbye.

Any number of players after tonight’s ‘effort’.

Fact is, he was re-signed with Manly in Apr 15. Parramatta only offered him about $150k when he headed over there, because Fulton (and presumably Barrett) in their wisdom showed him the door. Neither of whom are still around to justify that decision.

Meanwhile it’s fast approaching the point where another local junior’s career is quickly being compromised by weak hamstrings. For those old enough, which should include you based on your online moniker, it evokes memories of Johnny Gibbs. Hopefully the advances in sports’ medicine since then will see Turbo recover and thrive. But it doesn’t look promising.

Meanwhile it would have been great to have another player of almost equal brilliance to cover for him, rather than just some solid (at this stage of their careers at least) first graders. Wouldn’t you agree?
Gutherson is nowhere near Trbo in anyway! How can you even compare that loser to Trbo!

Gutherson is playing a lot better than Turbo at the moment.
Turbo injuring himself is one of the main reasons why we are struggling.

It's all Turbos fault :rofl:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2