Tom Trbojevic's Ankle Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't believe people actually think Tommy is a chance to be selected for the dead rubber Origin 3. Sure I think he would handle it easily, but no way in hell should he be and will he be selected simply because of his ankle. Hell, its debatable as to whether he should really be playing at all right now, especially given how badly he was limping at the end of Monday night's game.

If his ankle surgery and recovery is a success and his good form continues next year (and there is every indication that it will continue), then sure pick him for Origin. But not this year. And besides, if Laurie Daley is true to form then other than maybe one or two forced injury changes, don't be surprised to see almost the same NSW side as last night trot out for the 3rd game in a couple of weeks.

And besides, if Laurie Daley is true to form then other than maybe one or two forced injury changes, don't be surprised to see almost the same NSW side as last night trot out for the 3rd game in a couple of weeks.
Gallen should go, Farah should go. What is the point of retaining these long-term Blues stalwarts? To honour the fact they have actually achieved bugger all at Origin level??
If Daley is serious about next year then he should start now. Keep the halves and Moylan, bring in Peats. Maybe by next year Moylan will be a 5/8 and Tedesco can have a go at fullback.

Gallen should go but no doubt will be given the chance for a sendoff even though he doesn't actually deserve it.

Farah should not even be playing in this series. Sure Ennis was in better form but I would have actually selected Nathan Peats over both of them. Peats will be the Blues next long term hooker in much the same way Matt Parcell will be Qld's once Scam Smith quits.

For mine, NSW for Game 3 should be something like:

Tedesco, Mansour, Walker, J. Bird, Ferguson, Moylan, Maloney, Woods, Peats, Trbojevic, Frizell, Jackson, G. Bird. Res - Fifita, Klemmer, Graham, Austin/Sezer.

However knowing Daley and his 'loyalty' policy (and the fact that they think the sun shines out of Gallen's backside) its more likely to look like this:

Moylan, Mansour, Walker, Jennings, Ferguson, J. Bird, Maloney, Woods, Farah, Tamou, Frizell, Jackson, Gallen. Res - G. Bird, Fifita, Klemmer, Graham.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8