Tom Trbojevic's Ankle Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously, WTF are the club trying to do to this kid. He is barely out of U20's (probably should still be there developing for long term benefit) and hobbling around the field like a cripple.
Every tackle he winces in pain...yet he is still our best backline player!!!

The club is becoming a laughing stock. We are weak and lack any real direction or game plan.

Without those Turbo boys, really I shudder to think. Disgraceful

Give him his operation and let him mend for next year. This is madness

You could bet your bottom dollar that opposing coaches will be telling their players to concentrate on his lower legs too. It doesn't make it easier that we are way down on replacements but as a supporter it's hard to say but i would rather have a player of lower quality (Brown) playing in centre for the rest of the season in order to get Tom right for next year. Our season is done so why risk long term injury to Tom, for what?

Yep, they twist him in every tackle. I've noticed it before but it was relentless last night.
This year is not worth damaging him for. He's missed out on SOO, which is probably good for him, so there's nothing to gain from running around getting hurt. We did the same to Foran and look at him now. We hopefully won't be losing Tom, so he needs to be looked after.

So everyone happy with brown, Williame, wright being in our backline instead of him. ?

I agree. But think he's going to have to wait till the end of the year. Even limping he's better than the rest.

DCEs the same apparently. Will have an op at the end of the season.

So everyone happy with brown, Williame, wright being in our backline instead of him. ?

I agree. But think he's going to have to wait till the end of the year. Even limping he's better than the rest.

It's pretty much a given our seasons over, so why risk our best player just to look good.

We are getting walloped anyway so I vote for fixing them now before it gets any worse!!

Yep, they twist him in every tackle. I've noticed it before but it was relentless last night.
This year is not worth damaging him for. He's missed out on SOO, which is probably good for him, so there's nothing to gain from running around getting hurt. We did the same to Foran and look at him now. We hopefully won't be losing Tom, so he needs to be looked after.

There was a whole lot of leg twisting in tackles on others as well ... its a new blight on the game

If it were horse racing, he wouldn't be allowed to run. Who looks after player welfare when a player is being pushed to play injured with no possible finals result?
The kid's too young to say No.
I feel really strongly about this. He's still growing ffs!

I agree with most comments. It seems logical that if the kid needs an operation, do it now and let him mend for next year.

But does the rabble that runs this club see it?

yup, i agree. Get it done now and give the kid a full off season to commence round two of "operation bulk up" rather than surgery recovery. I'm sure every week he is rocking up saying "i'm fine" and that's testament to the kind of person he is. He's not going to lose his place to anyone, and if anything will be knocking on rep selection doors next year, and playing more games.

Before I could add " I couldn't agree more " - I saw virtually everybody is saying this already. It's so obvious. The kid is a rare talent - why risk losing his dynamic speed "long term" for what will be meaningless games the rest of this year.

Everybody knows we are going to get pumped in the majority of our games for the remainder of the year...and if we win a few and run 10th instead of 15th who cares ??? I don't.

He is the 1 player who should be in cotton wool. That was cruel what was happening to him last night. It doesn't take much for injuries to become chronic ( eg Steve matai ).

Rest him FFS

Criminal that he is playing with a busted ankle. Short sighted by our coaching staff to continue playing him injured. Shows how desperate we have become.

Before I could add " I couldn't agree more " - I saw virtually everybody is saying this already. It's so obvious. The kid is a rare talent - why risk losing his dynamic speed "long term" for what will be meaningless games the rest of this year.

Everybody knows we are going to get pumped in the majority of our games for the remainder of the year...and if we win a few and run 10th instead of 15th who cares ??? I don't.

He is the 1 player who should be in cotton wool. That was cruel what was happening to him last night. It doesn't take much for injuries to become chronic ( eg Steve matai ).

Rest him FFS
I know it is being talked about, but I was astounded it wasn't a thread of it's own. This is far worse than how the team is performing. He can barely put weight on his foot and ankle, but plays 80 minutes. It's outrageous
I have seen cricketers sue for being made to play and then having their careers shortened

There are only three reasons why I'm bothering to watch Manly now: Parcell, Knight and Turbo. . . .

Bring on the cricket season.

Seriously, WTF are the club trying to do to this kid. He is barely out of U20's (probably should still be there developing for long term benefit) and hobbling around the field like a cripple.
Every tackle he winces in pain...yet he is still our best backline player!!!

The club is becoming a laughing stock. We are weak and lack any real direction or game plan.

Without those Turbo boys, really I shudder to think. Disgraceful

Give him his operation and let him mend for next year. This is madness
Jeez.. I wonder what desperate under pressure person with no coaching talent keeps selecting him when injured.....

Criminal that he is playing with a busted ankle. Short sighted by our coaching staff to continue playing him injured. Shows how desperate we have become.
Barrett is being selfish and only concerned about his results and better yet his job. Disgraceful

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4