Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A lot of people saying Hastings
As good of a player he is and show's he hasn't played starting fullback in all his NRL games
This could be a risk
Who to pick if Tom is out for an extended amount of time is tough
NSW cup team has had 6 different fullbacks in 10 rounds
Too much of a risk playing the NYC fullback
The way Barrett picks his team i would suggest it will be M Wright , he has been on the extended bench a lot this year
Wasn't it Jack Gibson (or some other similar super coach) that said pick your best 13 and work it out from there. On that basis Hastings makes the team. He could end up bringing Walker and Kelly into the game some more as he will be a more running, ball player fullback. Having Hasting on the field more could also help in the (I'm hoping) transistion next year between Hasting and Green. Hastings doing what Moylan wants and moves up into the 6 jersey.

Ok, then the NRL need to address the question: why is it suddenly less dangerous to tackle someone in midair because the ball has bounced?

The rule was brought in because slamming someone into the turf from midair is dangerous, right?

Technically then when those wingers are doing their acrobatics attempting to score tries we shouldn't be able to tackle them and would it be a penalty try? Can of worms?

Hastings doesn't make the starting 13 so far this season
With Tom out does he make the starting line up or does someone else come in leaving Barrett with his original choice of playing Hastings off the bench playing the dummy 1/2 role
I just dont think Barrett will start him there
I'd rather see him starting at Hooker or 5/8

Technically then when those wingers are doing their acrobatics attempting to score tries we shouldn't be able to tackle them and would it be a penalty try? Can of worms?

Nope. I posted earlier about the difference between jumping for a ball when you have the forward momentum and a degree of control over your direction of travel vs the 'sitting duck' defender's situation. There's a reason why the rule applies to the player/s defending the kick and not those chasing it.

You know, I have watched the replay a few times and I have come to a conclusion.....

For anyone saying that it would never have happened if Tom had caught the ball on the full, forget it. That was a bomb that was pretty well perfectly placed between the fullback and winger. Tom was never going to get to it on the full and for that matter neither was Uate.

Time will tell. Out of everyone available to us now, he is certainly in my top 13 and he is better than all of the Wrights put together.

Api was probably completely buggered when he went off, but he was playing like a mad man. I'm happy for him to stay at 9 for 80 mins and give some of the tackling to others which gives us the ability to play a bigger bench.

Will be keeping everything crossed @Mitch! You and @HappilyManly seem to have your fingers on the pulse, so will be waiting for your updates with bated breath :wondering:
Fans (including, but not limited to, Manly fans) rarely get to hear accurate information about player injuries and recovery times.

If he's out I'll just count on the 17 who run on each week, which I'm sure is the attitude the players will adopt.

A refusal to treat injuries as an excuse is a sign of a club on the rise, which we currently are (though admittedly rising from a low base).

You know, I have watched the replay a few times and I have come to a conclusion.....

For anyone saying that it would never have happened if Tom had caught the ball on the full, forget it. That was a bomb that was pretty well perfectly placed between the fullback and winger. Tom was never going to get to it on the full and for that matter neither was Uate.
You might be right, HoldenV8. But I'm pretty sure it was more good luck - ie, an absolute fluke - than good management. Kicker had no idea where it was going to end up when it came off the boot. He just hoiked it, which is why it was so dangerous.

Will be keeping everything crossed @Mitch! You and @HappilyManly seem to have your fingers on the pulse, so will be waiting for your updates with bated breath :wondering:

I'll be across social media all day tomorrow, so as soon as anything is confirmed by the club or a reputable source I'll post! I just really feel for Tom, since he came into grade two years ago he's battled those lower leg injuries spending several stints on the sideline.

Even at this early stage in his career it would be hard for him not to feel like his body keeps letting him down.

Injury free this kid will be a club great. He makes line breaks and breaks tackles each and every week, his form has been so far ahead of Tedesco, if he was fit and they picked on form he would be the NSW Fullback.

The ball also bounced pretty bloody high in the air, just as the defenders were arriving - I can see why Tom felt he needed to jump for it. He would've been expecting Mead to take off and contest it in the air as well, instead of just taking the opportunity to belt him while he was off the ground.

The ball also bounced pretty bloody high in the air, just as the defenders were arriving - I can see why Tom felt he needed to jump for it. He would've been expecting Mead to take off and contest it in the air as well, instead of just taking the opportunity to belt him while he was off the ground.

That's another good point. With Mead racing through, Tom really had no choice but to jump for the ball like he did.

Api was gone at the 50th minute he tried to hide by the time Hastings came on the game had turned
I'd like to see Hastings get more game time
IF its fullback thats fine But i dont think he is a fullback
Your Right though @mkultra Hastings is
better than all of the Wrights put together.

Don't shoot me for this but I'm hearing, and I reckon it's a good idea, but Jake Trboievic is our most logical fullback replacement. He is excellent in defence and has a great carry on kick returns. He is solid as a link player with good hands and timing for his outside men.

I wonder how many more injuries before Godinet is forced into the equation?
Love that little dude. But God it's a neigh from me!

See how Parker or Twright goes there or play Hastings and don't upset the 17. Other than Lussick on the bench.

Seriously I think carrying Hastings and brown has cost us a couple of games. Since I've gone all in on the need for Hastings to sub for API no later than the thirtieth minute of a game theat leads me to the brown Bashing path though I think he has played well for us this year.

i don't think Hastings is a fullback, hes a half/hooker.. you ideally want someone with more size and height.. but I know our options are thin, possibly one of the Wright boys.. slim pickings

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8