• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He could easily return and play 2 games for manly than play origin and have great games and injury free then just as easily get hurt in the teams first trial next year , If he is 100% fit her plays at the end of the day

I think the last thing for Tom right now is to be sitting out the last two games and then have to wait another 5 months before he has another run.

If he's fit, I'd much rather him play the last two games this year, that way if he's out there, his mental state will definitely improve and will get some confidence back in his body.

You seem well-informed, and that sounds optimistic.
Just wondering whether anyone here recalls an example of a young player suffering a number of hamstrings tears, but getting past it to go on and have a strong (and fast) career?
If so it would be good to hear about it, I'm getting a bit depressed thinking our young champ's career may be stunted.
Can't recall any stars getting through hammy problems but can remember some that never did and even had to quit the game. Johnny Gibbs for example. Moylan looks likely to go the same way.

The only problem I have about Tom playing at all this year is that I strongly doubt the veracity of actually KNOWING FOR CERTAIN that he is 100% fit.

One would think he is a huge case for erring on the far, far, far side of caution.

I have no problem with TT taking the field if he is fit and ready to go, once 100% recovered and ready what else can he do besides use it.
I do have a huge problem if he comes back and is found that he knowingly came back a little early, not at the 100% for the sole purpose of proving himself for Origin and re injuries it.
That said, I very much doubt he would do the later.

Just wondering whether anyone here recalls an example of a young player suffering a number of hamstrings tears, but getting past it to go on and have a strong (and fast) career?
If so it would be good to hear about it, I'm getting a bit depressed thinking our young champ's career may be stunted.

Not sure in league, but Cyril Rioli and Shaun Burgoyne from the afl come to mind. Both had chronic hammy issues but went on to play long and successful careers. They won 3 successive premiership an Burgoyne is still playing at 37. Maybe send him for a stint down at Hawthorn in the off season.

I do remember Russell Gartner had quite a few hamstring issues & ended up having a successful career with Manly & Tigers.

Yawwnnn
Do you think he really cares, it’s footy you play you get injured you get better you play again. If he is fit and healthy for sure he should play origin. If anyone thinks he wants to sit on the sidelines watching they have no idea. Go get em turbo
Well said LEHO
All Tommy T wants to play footy whether it’s Manly NSW or Australia so everyone should get off back and let him play I’m pretty sure the match payments he makes from origin has nothing to do with him wanting to play

The only problem I have about Tom playing at all this year is that I strongly doubt the veracity of actually KNOWING FOR CERTAIN that he is 100% fit.

One would think he is a huge case for erring on the far, far, far side of caution.

Its a Hammy, he could do it training in the off season.
Agree though if he rushes it just for origin but having taken at this stage 12 weeks for a estimated 8 week recovery worse case, probably unlikely on the scale of probability he comes back unless he is ready.

Its a Hammy, he could do it training in the off season.
Agree though if he rushes it just for origin but having taken at this stage 12 weeks for a estimated 8 week recovery worse case, probably unlikely on the scale of probability he comes back unless he is ready.
It was claimed he re-injured it around the 8 week mark and I think it was probably true.

The main point, once again, is that I doubt anyone involved KNOWS 100% when he is ready.

Not sure in league, but Cyril Rioli and Shaun Burgoyne from the afl come to mind. Both had chronic hammy issues but went on to play long and successful careers. They won 3 successive premiership an Burgoyne is still playing at 37. Maybe send him for a stint down at Hawthorn in the off season.
Hawks could currently use him in their midfield.

I think Tedesco had problem hammies when he was younger also ,
?

Tedesco's main injuries were to his knees I think.
This article is quite interesting, you'd have to think Manly has sought out the very best to help Turbo, quite ridiculous if they haven't.

NRL Physio has said that Manly are treating Toms Hammy issue differently to how clubs would normally. Usually a players return would be determined by strenghth, speed and agility tests. Manly have gone further by waiting for scans to show that his hamstring is 100% healed before naming him, which seems sensible given his recent history.

NRL Physio has said that Manly are treating Toms Hammy issue differently to how clubs would normally. Usually a players return would be determined by strenghth, speed and agility tests. Manly have gone further by waiting for scans to show that his hamstring is 100% healed before naming him, which seems sensible given his recent history.
You would think this would already be the case. How they are sending players back early without a scan is beyond me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8