• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree, let him play and do his hammy again, then medically retire him...and then we won't need to pay the overs for his brother as well.
We just can't medically retire him because of his dud hammy and get salary cap relief, it has to be a new injury , one that suddenly stops him from playing again, eg, a new neck injury or badly broken leg.

I believe President Trump has dismissed all this negative stuff about Turbo and said he'll be back next week. I understand he is also predicting Manly will win this years premiership and DCE has agreed to take a 50% pay drop. What a man. What a prognosticator...though he's damned if he knows what that means and blames the Democrats and other paedophiles if its something critical

Its all about perspective young eaglet. All about perspective.

Time for you to reassess Tom .... you have been portrayed as a Die for Manly type character .... don't want you to die, just play a full season for your beloved club and fans

Last edited:
If the doctors and physio decide he is fit to play, with the best knowledge/information/resources they have at their disposal, plus a knowledge of his injury history and risk associated with it... then he is fit to play.

If he is then selected for Origin then so be it.

Can't wrap him in cotton wool forever.

If the doctors and physio decide he is fit to play, with the best knowledge/information/resources they have at their disposal, plus a knowledge of his injury history and risk associated with it... then he is fit to play.

It really is as simple as this, I feel. If he is fit to return and play two games prior to the end of the season, I would prefer watching him play, providing confidence to a team with youngsters like Schuster coming through and give us some sort of light in what has been a pretty dark year.

Will he get picked for Origin if he returns and stays fit - probably. Is it a bad thing that he gets some football under his belt before the off season given the length of time he has spent on the sidelines, no. Both physically and mentally I think it is needed provided he is 100% fit.

100%

When he is ready, play him for Manly, if he then makes Origin, then good on him, enjoy representing your state.

We just can't medically retire him because of his dud hammy and get salary cap relief, it has to be a new injury , one that suddenly stops him from playing again, eg, a new neck injury or badly broken leg.
He's only done 2 of his HS hasn't he? A big one on 1 of the other 4 and it's a new injury.

He's only done 2 of his HS hasn't he? A big one on 1 of the other 4 and it's a new injury.
Haha, I suppose you're right, but would a fresh hamstring injury prevent a player from ever playing again?, probably not, sure it would certainly hinder him during his playing career, as we are finding out

TT's hammies are a growth issue. Skeleton growing quickly and unevenly so muscles and tendons can't keep up. This is almost done with as his bones have slowed their growth to a crawl. I'm confident we will not see much more of this issue. That said I'd prefer to see him take a long break from high intensity activity, not because we pay him and he owes us but because we want to see him have a long and fruitful career.

If he’s going to play next week I just can’t see the point holding him back another week, the hammy would not dramatically worsen or better over one week.

Yawwnnn
Do you think he really cares, it’s footy you play you get injured you get better you play again. If he is fit and healthy for sure he should play origin. If anyone thinks he wants to sit on the sidelines watching they have no idea. Go get em turbo
I like to read a different perspective. On here most of us are thinking about Tommy the incredibly valuable Sea Eagle who's been sitting on the sideline for two years. It's hard to try and shift the thinking to Tommy the young man, hampered by injury and bursting to play footy again.

I like to read a different perspective. On here most of us are thinking about Tommy the incredibly valuable Sea Eagle who's been sitting on the sideline for two years. It's hard to try and shift the thinking to Tommy the young man, hampered by injury and bursting to play footy again.
I agree, but to think he is owned by the club and fans is a bit of a stretch, the young fella just wants to play, I’m sure he is as frustrated as everyone else. I never begrudge anyone doing well and hope he does get over the injuries but to think he should not play origin if he is 100% fit is crazy, let him make hay while the sun shines.

TT's hammies are a growth issue. Skeleton growing quickly and unevenly so muscles and tendons can't keep up. This is almost done with as his bones have slowed their growth to a crawl. I'm confident we will not see much more of this issue. That said I'd prefer to see him take a long break from high intensity activity, not because we pay him and he owes us but because we want to see him have a long and fruitful career.
You seem well-informed, and that sounds optimistic.
Just wondering whether anyone here recalls an example of a young player suffering a number of hamstrings tears, but getting past it to go on and have a strong (and fast) career?
If so it would be good to hear about it, I'm getting a bit depressed thinking our young champ's career may be stunted.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8