Tom T named to play Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom Trbojevic returns from injury for Manly Sea Eagles against Newcastle
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
June 8, 2017 2:46pm

TOMMY hasn’t played a game in 26 days. Jake will play his third match in 10 days.

The Trbojevic brothers — whether fresh or weary — will combine again on Friday night to brighten the wet Brookvale gloom.

Star fullback Tom Trbojevic returns a fortnight early from a leg injury suffered in the loss to the Broncos in Brisbane on May 13.

He had trained strongly this week and will slot back in at fullback for Manly’s match against Newcastle on Friday evening. Matt Wright will shift to wing.

cfb3f17e23190b2531d1999066af7f57

Read more at:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/f8507ff2061f2776291d3cb384ac47a0

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!

It's a bold decision!

Get it? Bold? 'Cause the whole article is in bold type!

ah hahahahahahahahahahah

#tired

Go Manly!

Hope Tom has a blinder. I'm sure he's 100%, or rather I have 100% faith in the medical staff. Great to have him back so soon.

Maybe he'll catch all bombs on the full now?....!

The other issue a lot of people need to remember is Tommys requirements. Surely he is wanting to play. If he wants to play and is fit.....he plays. He doesn't seem like the sort of kid who wants to be nursed and wrapped in cotton wool. Sure we need to monitor his workload (like any player) but if you start setting him up as delicate, mentally that can be a self fulfilling prophesy.

Like last year when he played on with an injury, as did DCE and many others?

They said at the beginning of last year that he would need surgery and that no additional damage could be done by him playing .... well bugger me the medical staff were correct if his form this year is any indication.

but he wasn't 100% if he needed surgery

Don't understand the significance of that comment. I took your earlier post to suggest that Tom's ankle injury was mismanaged last year.

My reply was to say that it obviously wasn't, as they knew early in the season that he would need surgery but delayed it as they believed no further damage could be done.

They were correct.

Don't understand the significance of that comment. I took your earlier post to suggest that Tom's ankle injury was mismanaged last year.

My reply was to say that it obviously wasn't, as they knew early in the season that he would need surgery but delayed it as they believed no further damage could be done.

They were correct.

pffft...they obv haven't met my friend Mr. Zooka; first name Ba!

They were correct.

No my earlier post was an example of a player not being 100% fit.

This happens a lot more than we think, most of which we do not hear about until later on if at all (as well as the enemy). Plenty play with niggles, question marks etc, it is a calculated gamble.

Choc played with a bung should for 2 months a few years ago from memory.

This happens a lot more than we think, most of which we do not hear about until later on if at all (as well as the enemy). Plenty play with niggles, question marks etc, it is a calculated gamble.

Ok thanks. But they knew he was inured and made decisions on what hindsight has shown to be good medical advice.

It has ever been thus ... ask Krilich how many injections he used to get in his shoulder before each game.

YOU get free popcorn ... what's that! ... some bull**** minority ruminant assistant scheme. Get a fookin job and buy your own popcorn!

Welcome to Canada my friend! Free popcorn is our right!

3614599_fpx.tif

Gourmet as well!

(tom is fine and is being managed brilliantly!)

I thought it was a torn bicep?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8