Tom T named to play Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He looked ready to play from the footage on nine.

Jono Wright also named in ISC so he's just in the team as cover unless Tom isn't ready but he looks pretty close to good.

I tend to agree with @Harvies elbow . Had Jorge not been injured I think Tom would have been given the extra week off, then he would have had another with the bye.

Hopefully he is 100% to go and it doesn't end up like last year where he basically finished the season on one leg. The World Cup is at the end of the season and I think on form he would have to be a shoe-in despite Meninga's love of picking his Qld mates.

Man I wish they didn't name him. Much prefer him to not play Newcastle then the bye. Of course he wants to play every game because he is an awesome style of bloke

Why is everyone saying dont rush him back? You know we have a medical department. A professional group of people that know 1000 times more than we would on injuries ect. They aint dumb enough to "rush" A player back who is not 100% ready to go. It's not 1983. Player welfare is top priority.

I don't think his availability is tied to his personal motivation or desire to play SOO as his personal goal

I think he is just s
Talented kid who wants to join his manly team mates and be a part of our game day Team

Anything after this he will humbly accept

If he is ready then he should play; simple as that.

I imagine if we were playing the Roosters this week, supporters would be salivating at the prospect of Tom playing and giving us a chance of victory.

Instead...

We are playing the Knights and I also imagine many of our supporters have already banked the 2 points and fail to see the benefit of Tom playing.

Personally, I think we are ripe for the picking on Friday. A massive game against the Raiders has worn us out, we have one eye on the bye and could be forgiven for being complacent against the last placed side.

DANGER GAME!!!!

We need this 2 points to push for the top 4 and open up a gap within the top 8. We need to head into the bye with our tails up, and we need to take advantage of playing weaker opposition; other teams take advantage so we must also.

Tom will go a long way to ensuring we don't let this one slip like the Raiders did in Newcastle a month ago.

If he is ready then he should play; simple as that.

I imagine if we were playing the Roosters this week, supporters would be salivating at the prospect of Tom playing and giving us a chance of victory.

Instead...

We are playing the Knights and I also imagine many of our supporters have already banked the 2 points and fail to see the benefit of Tom playing.

Personally, I think we are ripe for the picking on Friday. A massive game against the Raiders has worn us out, we have one eye on the bye and could be forgiven for being complacent against the last placed side.

DANGER GAME!!!!

We need this 2 points to push for the top 4 and open up a gap within the top 8. We need to head into the bye with our tails up, and we need to take advantage of playing weaker opposition; other teams take advantage so we must also.

Tom will go a long way to ensuring we don't let this one slip like the Raiders did in Newcastle a month ago.
Fair enough, but if we are up by 20 take him off

Fair enough, but if we are up by 20 take him off
I can live with that...

I just think that's it dangerous to assume we don't need him this week simply because it's the Knights. They have competed in most games this year and they lose touch around the 50 minute mark. If they compete on Friday and get their tales up and catch us on an off night, they can do what they did to Canberra and hold on and leave us embarrassed.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7