Tom T is he that good.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett stated he'd give Croker protected minutes and roles. If you have a passenger in the team like that it never bodes well. I get the development piece. I'd rather see him tear the NSW Cup apart for a few rounds before he gets a shot though.

He's not explosion and impact like Foran. He'll be spot defended in my opinion if his form in Canberra is anything to go by, so I hope Thompson is ready to tackle for him.

I just don't get why Barrett thinks he is anywhere near ready. 5/8 is such a crucial role.

Then again, what do I know.
Green was a speed bump last year in defence so I can’t see Croker being any worse. Getting Croker to do the simple things well doesn’t mean he will be a passenger. Look at the role players Bellamy uses down at the Storm. Barrett made a big mistake playing Walker at 5/8 for a half a season in 2016 when he clearly wasn’t ready to take on the role, surely he’s learnt from this experience??

I pretty much agree with what most here have said.

He is already a game changer so once he cuts down on the errors and picks up his defence a bit (he's not bad defensively - better and more consistent IMO than Tedesco), but he still has a ways to go.

Stats wise yes, last year he was the best performed fullback in the NRL. But there is more to it than just stats. Right now as things stand, to say he is better than Billy Slater is a bit premature. Slater may not be our favourite player, but he is still the best fullback currently playing.

Getting a run with the Kangaroos last year will hopefully have done him the world of good. As a fullback in his young career he has had arguably the two best teachers he could possibly ask for in Snake and Slater. I do expect him to go even better this year.

He makes some poor passing decisions; has a few knock ons in him and makes some errors in defence, particularly with kicks into the in goal area.

I was expecting more of him last season; hopefully it all happens this season.

napdyn.jpg

I just want to pose the question is the hype around this great young kid really warranted.

I’m not bagging him but last year he just seemed to be a strong first grader who at times could be accused of trying too hard.

But the media cream themselves about him at every opportunity. I read sporting news au last week rate him the number 1 fullback in the game ahead of slater and Boyd.

It worries me how much the media are building him up because they will be just as savage if he doesn’t meet their expectations.

I’d be interested in what everyone else thinks. We have definitely been spoilt with some great fullbacks and the kid has some massive shoes to fill with the snake retiring.

Was a perfect example today of this exact post

10 minutes into the game and he hasn't done a huge amount and Gus and Joey are talking about how it looks like men against boys etc

He is/will be a very good player but the over the top stuff from the commentators won't go to his head because it seems like if it did, his family would Knock it out of him, but it could turn fans off pretty quickly like it does with Slater, Smith etc

Tom has built an impressive physique over the off season but has delivered very little in attack this year. We need him to fire if we are to do well

So Turbo thinks he is not having a poor start to the year, a worse judge of players i am yet to see.
Not poor, I think he has been below his best but far from poor. Not everyone can produce a 9 out of 10 performance each week as you demand. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesnt mean I am wrong. Maybe if you stopped with your dumb sacarsim at every opportunity you could have decent conversation with someone.

Im still a massive fan, but I watched him closely yesterday especially in the second half and was amazed how many times he was involved on 4th or 5th tackle as marker, meaning he was no where to be seen positionally for the 6th tackle kick.. the better fullbacks invariably latch on to those grubber kicks in goal and usually find a way out of the in goal.. he needs to be better at that, don't know if its him or coach's orders.

Snake was such a great player, he was always in the right place at the right time. I was hoping Tom may have picked some stuff up from him. Not sure if he's got much involvement with the club now but he'd be the perfect bloke to help Tom with his positional play.

Compare him to Dufty today , I know one was in a losing side and the other in a massive winning side but it’s chalk and cheese.

Tom has some sublime skills but makes too many mistakes.

Time will tell but young Dufty in only his first season is well ahead!

Compare him to Dufty today , I know one was in a losing side and the other in a massive winning side but it’s chalk and cheese.

Tom has some sublime skills but makes too many mistakes.

Time will tell but young Dufty in only his first season is well ahead!

Dufty? He is not even in the same class as Tom T.

He has speed and nothing else. Against quality opposition, his lack of a passing game will really hurt the Dragons. He is also really small and last week against the Sharks he kept getting smashed and at one point, he was picked up and dragged 8m back into his in-goal.

Have a listen to Gus in commentary. He takes veiled swipes at him all the time because of how one dimensional he is. Dufty will never play for NSW or Australia. I'll bet my house on it. Titans were worse than Parramatta today and Tim Lafai looked like a world beater.

He got youtube highlights. Thats does not show his crap errors wrong options and lack of confidence ro take on line.
Kid got talent but he no snake. But is that unfair i mean snake on par with wombat.
Snakr could chimb into the line and 99 percent of time make the right play.
Tom alot to go. Even ridgy was as safe as houses at back and could tackle.
The more i see him i think he a rep centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4