Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
when he's on he's great, but just too inconsistent for my liking
if i had to choose one inconsistent ball playing back rower it would be the potato

I've always thought that a Tim Simona / Tom Symonds back row or centre pairing would have a nice symmetry

Symonds has been average for a while now - though credit where due....has played ok in games in 2016 - maybe tougher than some efforts in 2015.....
In the end, to get another quality backrow as his replacement, I say fair call...

Symonds has been average for a while now - though credit where due....has played ok in games in 2016 - maybe tougher than some efforts in 2015.....
In the end, to get another quality backrow as his replacement, I say fair call...

For the first 2/3's of 2015 T-Red spent most of his time playing out of position in the backline to cover injuries. Half the time he started a game in the back row and before half time he was in the centres because someone got injured.

I thought T-Red was unfairly dumped for the game against the Sharks. How on earth Blake Leary got selected over him I just can't figure out. All Leary can do is tackle, and he's iffy at that sometimes.

If you can find a better 2nd rower that can cover centres for near the same coin as T-red I'll agree.

But compare apples to apples, he was a low cost buy who has given excellent return on the investment. Saying Cordner or any other $5ooK backrower is better is an irrelevance.

Considering he seems to be out of favour right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked for and was granted a release so he could join another club.

Right now as back rowers go for Manly he seems to be behind Taupau, Buhrer, Brown and for some reason Leary.

And I agree with what most have said here - great guy, excellent club man, but inherently lacking in aggression, so has got to play above himself most weeks. Mind you, so was the great(est) Beaver...and he seemed to go alright!

If we are making room in our roster for a backrower, I'd be hoping for Gillett. He can do it all. Asofa-Solomona is a real star in the making too, but surely he'll end up a full-time front rower. He's already about 120kg.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6