Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't be dropping Symonds for Mateo.

On current form I would be dropping Walker for Mateo.

It's getting a bit tricky isn't it? Trent will have some pondering to do over the next few weeks.

Just on the halves/hooker situation, with DCE, Api, Godinet, Parcell and Walker...we have some real live wires on our hands. Godinet may be a little small, but he has a big heart and speed. Give him another week or two and his kicking game could become handy as well.

If we get our big aggressive forwards going well and a plethora of speed and "off the cuff" talent around the halves, the season is not over by a long shot.

At the moment when blokes like Api, Godinet and to a certain extent, Walker get the ball in their hands, I think they forget we have centres and wingers out there and go for it themselves more often than not. They need to feed the backs and pick and choose their runs more carefully, like Parcell does, then use their speed to burn the opposition's big tired forwards.

But that's just my opinion. It doesn't mean much. lol

Last edited:
"Mr Plod" was also our top meter gainer last night with 119m, and he only played 48 minutes. Apart from Marty, 100 meters and Matai, 104 meters....no one came close to that.

Our forwards could do a lot worse than learn a bit from Myles. He's been around a while and knows the game.

Totally agree. I am comfortable with the way he is going. I was sitting behind the bench up at Newcastle last week and the way he was encouraging vave, Blake etc before they went on was really impressive. He is not a superstar front rower like a Scott or Tamoa but an honest hard worker that puts in when ever he is on the paddock. The stuff we don't see off the field is priceless.

Not for one minute doubting his workload just the lack of enthusiasm we are used to seeing when he plays for QLD.

It's getting a bit tricky isn't it? Trent will have some pondering to do over the next few weeks.

Just on the halves/hooker situation, with DCE, Api, Godinet, Parcell and Walker...we have some real live wires on our hands. Godinet may be a little small, but he has a big heart and speed. give him another week or two and his kicking game could become handy as well.

If we get our big aggressive forwards going well and a plethora of speed and "off the cuff" talent around the halves, the season is not over by a long shot.

At the moment when blokes like Api, Godinet and to a certain extent, Walker get the ball in their hands, I think they forget we have centres and wingers out there and go for it themselves more often than not. They need to feed the backs and pick and choose their runs more carefully, like Parcell does, then use their speed to burn the opposition's big tired forwards.

But that's just my opinion. It doesn't mean much. lol

My only other suggestion for 5/8 is Vave.

Love the Vave.

Not for one minute doubting his workload just the lack of enthusiasm we are used to seeing when he plays for QLD.

That's OK, Bob. I do get your point, but if we had the entire Qld forward pack on our books, Nate would just slide straight in and do what he does. Here with us, he is a mentor that is trying to teach the young blokes as well as play his game.

I've heard it said and it's true I'm sure, that young blokes don't learn their trade from coaches. They learn it from their more experienced team mates. Just like a young Nate would have learnt heaps when he first played origin.

Interesting story regarding Godinet when he was at the Warriors, when he started there they told him he was way too small for the NRL, so at training he used to get Ruben Wiki to run at him full on one on one, may be small but he obviously has courage and desire.

I agree, Jake t is a gun in defence but he really needs to run a lot harder and faster at the line. He needs to watch Fonua blake and Vave and Lawrence. I thought Lawerence was alright, he had a run where he got like 15 m and the crowd cheered. We need to see more of those. Vave really good as usual, cant believe he was in our NSW cup team the whole of last year. I am not a fan of myles, in fact i really dislike him. He runs with no purpose and aggression. Each run he takes makes like 5, 6 metres and need to drop him. He was alright tonight but it was probs just a lucky few runs that the cowboys line didin't come up. Fonua blake played great as usual, each run he takes he makes 10 metres and reminds me of Taumololo.

He doesn't get a chance to watch them as he is on the field the entire time and plays more minutes than those 3 combined. FMD.

By your Logic Brown was our best forward last night averaging 11m per run.

Interesting story regarding Godinet when he was at the Warriors, when he started there they told him he was way too small for the NRL, so at training he used to get Ruben Wiki to run at him full on one on one, may be small but he obviously has courage and desire.

Reminds me of Kevin Walters during the early 90's at the Donkeys. Had a reputation of a very good ball playing 5/8, but couldn't tackle. IIRC he spent most of the 1992-93 off season in a sand pit with Glenn Lazarus (who back then was as big as they came) running at him just to improve his tackling.

Now I'm not saying Godinet will go on to have as successful career as the current Qld coach, though it would be nice if he did. And when Talmalolo threw him around like a rag doll last night it showed that yes he is damn small (seriously, he looks like a 15 year old out there). But he showed a lot of heart last night. Had a mixed start being basically thrown in the deep end in what was at best a makeshift side, but he never gave up and ended up scoring a clever try.

I'd rather we use Tred's spot for Mateo - offloads needed, instead of dying with the ball each tackle:confused:

You could be right - either Mateo or Ferris to replace him.

Admittedly I'm a T-Red fan but last night he lost it for me after losing possession at 3 crucial times in the game. Something we could not afford, particularly playing a side like the Cows. Sad to say, back to reserves.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4