Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think Tuipolotu is probably first off the rack then koula. I think koula has a higher ceiling but I feel he is a lil bit raw physically at the moment.
Yes Tuipulotu looks to be coming along well.
As for Koula, I just hope he gets a full season of footy under his belt. Ultimately fullback might be his best position?

Yes Tuipulotu looks to be coming along well.
As for Koula, I just hope he gets a full season of footy under his belt. Ultimately fullback might be his best position?
Potentially.. would have more freedom and space to use his speed effectively. But we need him to become a gun centre. Could be a Michael Jennings 2.0

He will definitely be an outstanding NRL player,but I would not like to see him be a starter this year,I don't think he is physically ready to handle a full season.
We saw Harper wear down over his first full year and he has added 5-6 kg of muscle to handle it better this year.
I would love to see Koula get some NRL experience this year,however he is too light to take that sort of punishment all year without being completely beaten up mid-year(cue the comments/memes about how if you are good enough..blah blah blah)
Play him in Reggie's and give him an offseason to put on another 5 kgs of muscle to handle it,if there are injuries then give him a go of course.
I think Des and the club are looking at him long term,not to try to be this year's hero

He will definitely be an outstanding NRL player,but I would not like to see him be a starter this year,I don't think he is physically ready to handle a full season.
We saw Harper wear down over his first full year and he has added 5-6 kg of muscle to handle it better this year.
I would love to see Koula get some NRL experience this year,however he is too light to take that sort of punishment all year without being completely beaten up mid-year(cue the comments/memes about how if you are good enough..blah blah blah)
Play him in Reggie's and give him an offseason to put on another 5 kgs of muscle to handle it,if there are injuries then give him a go of course.
I think Des and the club are looking at him long term,not to try to be this year's hero
I agree, he should be used sparingly, but I think he should make his debut at some point and if he could get 3-4 games throughout the year, it would be good for his development. But yeah, just a taste and certainly not a regular starter.

I see koula more as a centre. Speed on the outside. Weekes will offer more at fullback, he is quick too, but also has a very good passing game and can kick, play making elements. I don’t think koula is as advanced on the play making, which is key for a modern fullback.

Agree, for mine Weekes is much further advanced than Koula.

Well done on your debut as a starting NRL centre!
Played well, very sharp, and ran with vigour in his hit-ups.
Also did well in defence although the Raiders scarcely fired a shot on his side.
His inexperience showed a couple of times, but he'll only get better as he gets used to the pace of NRL.
Parker won't want to be missing for too long that's for sure.
I think we'll see plenty of him this year. The way Turbo is getting bashed he might get a few runs at fullback too.

Also did well in defence although the Raiders scarcely fired a shot on his side.
His inexperience showed a couple of times, but he'll only get better as he gets used to the pace of NRL.
I think we'll see plenty of him this year. The way Turbo is getting bashed he might get a few runs at fullback too.
his defence low one on one was really good. as you say he didnt get tested with too many bodies in motion, having to lock up the ball

looks a handful,

Agree, and like you say, I thought given his opportunities he was a hornet in defense. Cannot be dropped. We scored more points than any other this season. We allowed less than we've allowed this year to date.

Hes exciting thats for sure. He over exceeded my defensive expectations of him which made me happy.

I think we should be prepared for some rocks and diamonds though. We saw it twice yesterday where he made errors that weren't necessary. This comes with inexperience. Similar time Schuster.

Still not convinced over which centre he replaces. Pros and cons for both.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Des doesn't choose him this coming week.

Does anyone know if koula has had any success in athletics or perhaps does he have a background in sprinting?
Both Parents were athletes, father a sprinter, mother a long jump / hurdler. He was also a junior 100m sprinter. Allegedly he ran a 10 sec 100m as a junior

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10