Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
toovs link said:
he has tried to root all his team mate bitchs is that the person we want at manly

He would go well at the cowgirls.  Could be worse he could be trying to root his team mates.

Manly, Penrith throw big money at Todd Carney

By Josh Massoud and James Phelps
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23293366-5006066,00.html

TODD Carney hasn't played a minute of representative football - but the Raiders wild child will become one of the game's richest players with Manly and Penrith making $1.6m plays to lure the playmaker from Canberra.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal both clubs have offered Carney four-year deals worth an average of $400,000 per season, a salary matched only by NRL royalty such as Sonny Bill Williams and Mark Gasnier.

The Raiders will today make a last-ditch bid to keep their prized local junior - but need to better the rich offers from their Sydney rivals.

Sources close to Carney - who just last week finished a club-sanctioned community service stint for his role in a police pursuit - said the 22-year-old was strongly considering turning his back on the Raiders and linking with Manly.

Carney recently toured the Sea Eagles training facility at Narrabeen and is favouring a move to Manly over a reunion with his former coach Matt Elliott at Penrith.

By heavily back-ending his deal, Manly would be in a position to fit Carney under the salary cap, especially with highly-paid stars Steve Bell and Matt Orford coming off-contract in 2008 and 2009 respectively.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer confirmed his club's interest in Carney, but claimed a "formal offer" was yet to be made.

"There's no doubt Todd Carney is a terrific player, but there's a lot of work to be done with our current playing roster before we worry about new recruits," Mayer said.

The Panthers, original favourites to snare Carney, were also keeping tight-lipped. Elliott and Carney have kept in touch since the coach arrived at the foot of the mountains last season, their on-going relationship fuelling long-held suspicions among Canberra insiders that Penrith have been poised to pounce for some time.

"At the moment, it's something for Todd and his manager to sort out," Penrith general manager Mick Leary said.

Raiders boss Don Furner met with Carney's management on Wednesday, where he was told of the higher bids. Canberra have since revised the length of their deal from three to four years, but will struggle to match $400,000-a-season.

How good is Canberra's problem child? Honestly.

The Eagles are offering Snake around 400k pa for an exemplary player who has shown loyalty, is the pinup of every female on the peninsula and everywhere else, is a real speed merchants and try scoring whiz and has representative honours.

So why is the same lolly being banded around for Carney? This will only cause severe problems if we get him.

He's a great player but a grub off the feild from all accounts.

And are we looking for him to play this season for in 2009?

ManlyBacker link said:
How good is Canberra's problem child? Honestly.

The Eagles are offering Snake around 400k pa for an exemplary player who has shown loyalty, is the pinup of every female on the peninsula and everywhere else, is a real speed merchants and try scoring whiz and has representative honours.

So why is the same lolly being banded around for Carney? This will only cause severe problems if we get him.

There's only one pinup guy on the Northern Beaches, and that's me !! :eek:

Carney would be epic as a replacement for Steve Bell (moving Lyon back into the centres), with Orford then getting turfed not long after which would free up cash.

For '09

3. Matai
4. Bell
6. Carney
7. Ox
9. Ballin

Would be wicked.

And beyond that.... Hopefully another signing of a young up and comer along the lines of Blake Green at the Sharkies this year, unless someone like Keiran Foran can make the step up in time (which would be a big ask for him).

3. Matai
4. Lyon
6. Carney/???
7. Carney/???
9. Ballin

Carney's talent on the field is unquestionable. The kid is going to be a star. I don't know how a move to the city would treat him - has the potential to go either way. He might go off the rails with all the additional temptations offered by the big smoke, or on the other hand he might relish the chance to get away from the bad influences at home (mates from school who have always been trouble etc).

Given his talent I'd be all for giving him a shot.

Flip link said:
He's a great player but a grub off the feild from all accounts.

And are we looking for him to play this season for in 2009?

I think its this year Flip but I may be wrong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6