Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
Come to think of it the whole Bubbler Talk is Pissing me off
Probably piss a few other people off quoting my self talking about someone taking the piss whilst Pissing me off. I think a few people are pissing in each other pockets too here. Bring on Carney FFS!

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Mate, I understand and respect your opinion, and certainly didn’t single out your comments as plenty of others share your view.

My opinion is what he did was stupid, but in no way hurt anyone. I’d hate to think what the boys in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s got up to that was unreported.

My point is we have become so bloody puritanical, sanitized and holy than thou ruled by the fun police, and then excabberted by stupid social media that adores acts of stupidity by some, but then crucify far less hideous indiscretions. And in the case of Carney, indiscretions, not crimes against humanity.

Could go on and on with this argument, but will stop now to avoid boring people to death.

Damn... You just straight up butchered that word. You're a monster.

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
According to a report in my local Nth Qld newspaper , Carney played very well in a weekend Q cup trial for the Nth Pride or in the comments of the opposition coach,he was a class act . Ironically opposed Nicko Hynes former lower grade Manly half . Anyway apparently impressed some quite reasonable footy judges on the weekend and may certainly still have something to offer at N R L level . Maybe could still be Manly .

eagleron

Bencher
Sad day for the club when we sign a bogan well past his prime
Will never forget the day he dyed his hair and played a shocker at Brookie absolute rubbish
Give the young blokes a chance than this drunken mouth pisser
Wasn't that Andrew Johns?

The Who

Journey Man
Lurker reporting that Carney wants to play at Manly but Greenberg has said not until the salary cap issue is resolved. Sounds like a 'restriction of trade' scenario!! Perhaps Mr Penn could look at speaking to his Lawyers??
What's happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
Any business should be allowed to continue to trade up until the time a court of law (in this case the NRL) proves some illegality. If that was to happen then that business would have to re-evaluate, potentially reducing staff.
Manly should not be restrained from conducting business as they see fit because nothing illegal has been proven.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Wasn't that Andrew Johns?

It reminded me a lot of the time Joey dyed his hair pink, but Carney went for the same bleach blonde look that Gifty attempted for a while.
They looked like 'the real slim shady' or old ladys with swimming caps on.. Not my favourite look. It seems to be a curse at Brookie. Joey, Gifty and Carney had some shockers with those do's. Those Do's turn out to be some serious Don'ts.
Does anyone recall if Wolfmans beard and hair bleaching and dying was cursed too?
I'd prefer the players did whatever they like to their appearances as it's their right to do so, but I'm sure Carney would have no problem with a clause stating he can't bring out the bleach while contracted to Manly ; )

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16