Toafofoa Sipley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought it was all about his wife getting a job in Melbourne.
Oh, and a chance at a premiership before his body gives up the ghost.
It would be naive to put much stock in what a player says in his interview upon arrival at a new club!

manly al

First Grader
I actually thought that Sao was going quite well towards the end of his time with Manly but has been hardly sighted at the Warriors the past two seasons, for whatever reason . It seems to be a bit hit and miss with some recent Kiwi imports , as that lower grade player Eddie Wuff was supposed to be a promising prospect , and i have not noticed him even listed in the 20 's in recent times

Fluffy

Journey Man
I didn't mind Nate either. I certainly think he tightened up the middle of the ruck when he was on.

Yep, not a highlights player these days which is what everyone wants but a far better defender than all but Jake and our middle was noticeably softer against the Raiders without him.

No point having a team of blocker who run for 80m per set but leak tries all the time. You need balance.

Not sure who can fill that void.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Is it just me or has every single young Kiwi player that has ever come on the market come with the tag .. "Junior Kiwi International" ... what, they have turns or something.

Well, with only 2 top grade games here's hoping Baz/Bozo have picked another winner.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
I thought it was all about his wife getting a job in Melbourne.
Agreed mate. I was under the impression that the move was all because of his wife getting a job in Melbourne. She was born in Melbourne and recently started working down there so naturally Nate would want to follow her there. This is why the move for Nate has happened so suddenly.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Tough here on Myles - as 1 who was far from a fan, think he improved a fair bit on 2017 from 2016.
The stats are not Always a great measure...as in the contact and dominance of a tackle...or....the hitup early tackles in traffic, compared to tackle 3 with defence backing off....
Thought Myles tackles at times have been only bettered by Jake in technique in stopping players in the tracks.
His attack is pedestrian, but generally safe in ball control and takes the ugliest hitups most don't want, against a rushing line early in the set.
Only time will tell if Manly miss him, or the extra game time to a younger player who brings different qualities to the table, was the best move.
Not super disappointed, but its important to realise - defence wins games and he was our the top few tacklers(regardless of stats) technically.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
@The Who, @wombatgc & @Ned .

Myles has played 10 teams this season from 13.
In those games, he has averaged 34.9 minutes per game.

Stats During that period
X Average Run Metres 83.2 (832 overall metres) or extrapolated to 80 minutes per game: 190 metres a game
X Tackles per game 18.2 (182 tackles) or extrapolated to 80 minutes per game: 42 tackles a game

Therefore, his time on field, is up there with not only us, but the best in the league. Could he play more minutes? Sure. But he is damned effective when playing guys.

Be fair here. I don't see that as plod.

The mockery this post has received has already made the point I was going to, but just to be explicit about it:

You don't extrapolate a prop's stats out to 80 minutes. Because they don't play for 80 minutes. They play about half that and they're supposed to deliver high intensity output for half the time. A prop should deliver 100+ metres and 20+ tackles in 40 mins just to get a pass mark.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Do you know how much he is on?

Let's see how the team fares without him between now and September.
Let us see how the team fares without Myles between now and September ?
Are you serious feathered friend ?
So you would rather have Myles on the field in place of young AFB Perrett Darcy ?
Myles is passed it as he has clearly displayed this in the last SOO game. His performance stamped never to play at that level again .
His match impact consistency in his previous years with the Titans and us has been very ordinary . A good game here and there
Myles has been a great player but his time is up.
Myles is like a run down old pick up truck that is due for the wrecking yard
odometer450.jpg

Last edited:

ricardo

Bencher
I actually thought that Sao was going quite well towards the end of his time with Manly but has been hardly sighted at the Warriors the past two seasons, for whatever reason . It seems to be a bit hit and miss with some recent Kiwi imports , as that lower grade player Eddie Wuff was supposed to be a promising prospect , and i have not noticed him even listed in the 20 's in recent times

Agreed, I thought Soggy was developing really well but has only run out nine times since Orcland picked him up. Only 24.

Fluffy

Journey Man
So you would rather have Myles on the field in place of young AFB Perrett Darcey ?
Myles is passed it as he has clearly displayed this in the last SOO game. His performance stamped never to play at that level again .
His match impact consistency in his previous years with the Titans and us has been very ordinary . A good game here and there
View attachment 5676

Who is Darcy?

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
So you would rather have Myles on the field in place of young AFB Perrett Darcy ?
View attachment 5676
FFSFF*

*For F-ck's Sake Feathered Friend.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The mockery this post has received has already made the point I was going to, but just to be explicit about it:

You don't extrapolate a prop's stats out to 80 minutes. Because they don't play for 80 minutes. They play about half that and they're supposed to deliver high intensity output for half the time. A prop should deliver 100+ metres and 20+ tackles in 40 mins just to get a pass mark.

Agree. But I have to give @Ryan one credit. I learnt a new word (extrapolate), at first glance I thought it was about bees doing extras in their pollination duties.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15